Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Clout chasing sneaker reselling scumbag

I dont know shit about shoes... but generally speaking, arent collectables worth whatever the market will pay?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    I dont know shit about shoes... but generally speaking, arent collectables worth whatever the market will pay?
    You would think so but the market is geared towards what is inaccessible on new drops. That favors the reseller because they may have access to these drops, pick up volume, and jack up prices. Nobody wants the old collectibles. They just aren't....trendy. Unless it's a AJ XI or AJ I. My whole collection is bastardized because of this. I have/had nearly every rare Jordan between 2002-2010. 6 or 7 years ago I got way above market value. Now all these shoes are being lowballed. Specifically by the reseller who foolishly thinks I'd sell them at original retail so they can make a quick buck. I've had shoes listed for 4 years still not sold like my Olympic 7s. It's been dropped again new during that timeframe (Tinker Alternate), people paid double retail for that instead of taking mine for $400 (2004 Retro). That's how backwards the shoe game is

Did you buy those shoes with the intent to resell? Or did you buy them because you like shoes?

If you just like collecting shoes because you enjoy shoes, who cares what the resale value is?

Also, is it possible that the prices of classic shoes are dropping thru the floor because a large percentage of the people who would normally be shelling out hundreds on collectable shoes havent worked in the past year?

Anyway, this thread makes me feel pretty good about my decision to collect guns/ammo instead of something like shoes.

Did you buy those shoes with the intent to resell? Or did you buy them because you like shoes?

If you just like collecting shoes because you enjoy shoes, who cares what the resale value is?

Also, is it possible that the prices of classic shoes are dropping thru the floor because a large percentage of the people who would normally be shelling out hundreds on collectable shoes havent worked in the past year?

Anyway, this thread makes me feel pretty good about my decision to collect guns/ammo instead of something like shoes.
    I was an avid collector. I pretty much wore 60% of my purchases and deadstocked the other 40%. I'd even buy 2 pairs. 1 to burn and 1 to stock. My interest declined quickly when reselling became popular and no interest in them. And my son outgrew my collection. I still have 60 plus pairs I am keeping on sentimental value. But not interested in keeping the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid View Post
    I was an avid collector. I pretty much wore 60% of my purchases and deadstocked the other 40%. I'd even buy 2 pairs. 1 to burn and 1 to stock. My interest declined quickly when reselling became popular and no interest in them. And my son outgrew my collection. I still have 60 plus pairs I am keeping on sentimental value. But not interested in keeping the rest.
    well im sorry your collection tanked... that said youre a lucky man - every father should hope that their son outgrows their shoes

well im sorry your collection tanked... that said youre a lucky man - every father should hope that their son outgrows their shoes
    Lol touche.
    To also answer your question, Covid didn't affect the reselling game. Shoes like Dior X AJI were selling for $1200. People were taking the gov assisted money and practically giving it away to the resellers

Lol touche.
    To also answer your question, Covid didn't affect the reselling game. Shoes like Dior X AJI were selling for $1200. People were taking the gov assisted money and practically giving it away to the resellers
    when youre ready to get out of the shoe game, I strongly recommend collecting guns... guns are more useful than bball shoes, they hold their value extremely well, and you can probably find some great shoe for gun trade deals in the hood lol

when youre ready to get out of the shoe game, I strongly recommend collecting guns... guns are more useful than bball shoes, they hold their value extremely well, and you can probably find some great shoe for gun trade deals in the hood lol

I have 2 guns already. Not for collection. But good looking out.

I have 2 guns already. Not for collection. But good looking out.
    but imagine if you had 60+ guns instead of 60+ pairs of shoes!

and yes I am looking out (because I love you)... you can try throwing your shoes at the baddies but personally I think firearms will be more effective