Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default 15 people killed in an SUV that was carrying 27 passengers

You read that right. 27. Just happened today.

I think we all know what kind of SUV trip this was.

Crazy. Sad.

Default Re: 15 people killed in an SUV that was carrying 27 passengers

this is a very weird thing to make a thread about.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    this is a very weird thing to make a thread about.
    I make threads about hard-hitting stuff that affects us all. Stuff that engages creative discussion and expands the mind. Stuff that takes us into other realms of thought and consciousness.

Fitting 27 passengers in a moving vehicle sounds lethal alone. I hope there weren't any kids in there...

Ah this is in imperial county... the shit that goes on down there is unbelievable. Last time I went down there was to check out the Salton Sea. I believe CA's tent city is around there somewhere too.

i'm sure you do. this is just a weird topic to make and focus solely on the number of victims while subtly taking a dig at immigrants.

but that's who you are i guess. i just find it entertaining the lot of you always do it so subtly, it's actually cowardly to go about it in a subtle manner. if you're trying to make a point, say it wit ya chess'.

i'm sure you do. this is just a weird topic to make and focus solely on the number of victims while subtly taking a dig at immigrants.

but that's who you are i guess. i just find it entertaining the lot of you always do it so subtly, it's actually cowardly to go about it in a subtle manner. if you're trying to make a point, say it wit ya chess'.
    I mean this is an atypical accident. No one is going to make a thread on an accident with one or two fatalities because it's a common occurrence unfortunately. How often do you hear about a vehicle carrying 27 people let alone wrecks and kills more than half? It's CA's version of an ice storm that brings on those 100+ car wrecks. Just an unusual occurrence for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by rawimpact View Post
    I mean this is an atypical accident. No one is going to make a thread on an accident with one or two fatalities because it's a common occurrence unfortunately. How often do you hear about a vehicle carrying 27 people let alone wrecks and kills more than half? It's CA's version of an ice storm that brings on those 100+ car wrecks. Just an unusual occurrence for sure.
    it's not the number, it's the shot at immigrants. if he made the thread "15 victims die" end of OP, i agree...it would be cali version of the ice storm crash, but patrick being patrick couldn't help himself. he made this entire thread around this sentence:
    I think we all know what kind of SUV trip this was.
    that's why it's a weird thread.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

The SUV had a Joe Biden bumper sticker.

it's not the number, it's the shot at immigrants. if he made the thread "15 victims die" end of OP, i agree...it would be cali version of the ice storm crash, but patrick being patrick couldn't help himself. he made this entire thread around this sentence:

that's why it's a weird thread.

The video doesn't specifically confirm human smuggling. If OP outright asserted that as the cause, you'd have been upset about that instead. If it somehow came out later that his assertion was incorrect, you'd never let him hear the end of it.

And he's right, we don't "officially" know, but can make a pretty reasonable assumption. And this is the kind of thing that's going on everyday around the border. It's worth discussing for anyone invested in American society, which doesn't seem to be you.

You're compulsively sensitive about being Mexican. You don't seem to care about the economics, fairness (to legal immigrants), social consequences or anything related to immigration, you just have an insurmountable fear of being rejected by traditional Americans. Even when you purport to share a number of their values, AND when it's explained to you clearly their ethnicity is not the issue. You're still too sensitive about your own belonging. You and TheMan both.

Fear of rejection. Rejecting others before they can reject you, which you seem sure they will. And you may be right, but it won't be because you're mexican american. It may be just because of you. But perhaps it's more comforting to convince yourself it's because youre messican, and that makes them the 'bad guy' and puts your mind at ease.

Perhaps.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 03-02-2021 at 04:54 PM.

The hell are you babbling about? What's your gripe?

The headline alone is newsworthy. An SUV that was able to fit 27 people in it was t-boned by a semi and 15 people were killed as a result. That's newsworthy, regardless of who was in the SUV and regardless of our current immigration policies and practices.

You're just jealous you didn't come up with this thread as quickly as my masterful hands did. Face it, that's your real gripe. Jealous beeeyotch.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    The video doesn't specifically confirm human smuggling. If OP outright asserted that as the cause, you'd have been upset about that instead. If it somehow came out later that his assertion was incorrect, you'd never let him hear the end of it.

And he's right, we don't "officially" know, but can make a pretty reasonable assumption. And this is the kind of thing that's going on everyday around the border. It's worth discussing for anyone invested in American society, which doesn't seem to be you.

You're compulsively sensitive about being Mexican. You don't seem to care about the economics, fairness (to legal immigrants), social consequences or anything related to immigration, you just have an insurmountable fear of being rejected by traditional Americans. Even when you purport to share a number of their values, AND when it's explained to you clearly their ethnicity is not the issue. You're still too sensitive about your own belonging. You and TheMan both.

Fear of rejection. Rejecting others before they can reject you, which you seem sure they will. And you may be right, but it won't be because you're mexican american. It may be just because of you. But perhaps it's more comforting to convince yourself it's because youre messican, and that makes them the 'bad guy' and puts your mind at ease.

Perhaps.
    Yup, I'm so sensitive about my ethnicity that I'm all over this thread being triggered post after post

BTW, how da fuq do you fit 27 mofos in one SUV?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Yup, I'm so sensitive about my ethnicity that I'm all over this thread being triggered post after post

BTW, how da fuq do you fit 27 mofos in one SUV?
    Ask your people

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post

Perhaps.
    if you put 1/10th the effort that you put into making long winded posts on this forum into your CV, you might be employed chris. you really like projecting your own insecurities onto others, idk what to advise on that end, never had to face that type of insecurity myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    The hell are you babbling about? What's your gripe?

The headline alone is newsworthy. An SUV that was able to fit 27 people in it was t-boned by a semi and 15 people were killed as a result. That's newsworthy, regardless of who was in the SUV and regardless of our current immigration policies and practices.

You're just jealous you didn't come up with this thread as quickly as my masterful hands did. Face it, that's your real gripe. Jealous beeeyotch.
    it's perfectly fine to make a thread about, but we both know you made it just so you can shade immigrants. and that's fine, but it's still weird to obsess over it. just calling it out for what it is

15 illegal beAners died. Nothing of value was lost