Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Anybody seen that $2000 check yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Code Breaker View Post
    So damn bitter. You should always root for things to get better no matter who’s in charge. Trump and the GOP would still be in charge had they done a better job
    Its not about being bitter. Its defiance against those who's policies I disagree with.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Its not about being bitter. Its defiance against those who's policies I disagree with.
    I think the fight over freedom vs the state is over; the state won.

So at this point it's really a battle for control over where the ship takes us.

Who will get a gov't handout: you and special interest OR special interest only? Those have been the only two options for quite some time..

Local High School Star Code Breaker's Avatar

Some people might get it as early as this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Code Breaker View Post
    Some people might get it as early as this weekend.
    No delays in order for Biden to have his name on every check. The previous idiot loved that and needed it to stroke his elephant ego.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    No delays in order for Biden to have his name on every check. The previous idiot loved that and needed it to stroke his elephant ego.
    it's bad politics to not put your name on that check. on top of that, people that received checks last year under a republican administration won't receive checks under this democratic administration. wtf are they (the democrats) thinking?

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Trash bill, 591 pages long, full of shit.

Cleverness' bill, much better, 1 page, $5k checks for ALL Americans (including children)

That still leaves $250 billion for other shit like vaccine distribution and small businesses

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post

But a delay because Chuck couldn't walk over the revised version over to Nancy on time?
    But a delay because the Democrats tried to add a minimum wage increase in a budget adjustment which Parliament said it would not allow just to please their voters (minimum wage workers this would affect).

Majority of people would have had their stimulus check by now had the Democrats not been playing into their dumb voters by putting in the minimum wage increase in the budget reconciliation aka stimulus.

The Senate parliamentarian has ruled that President Joe Biden’s minimum wage hike violates arcane budget rules that could jeopardize the rest of his $1.9 trillion relief package, dealing a blow to progressives in a highly anticipated decision that has left much of Washington holding its breath for days.The ruling, confirmed by three sources — and predicted by Biden himself — has thrust the future of the wage hike into uncertainty. The $15 hourly wage increase that Democrats are seeking could pass only on party-line votes, and they needed the protections of the so-called budget reconciliation process to shield the language from a Republican filibuster.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced shortly after the ruling that the House would plunge ahead with including it in its coronavirus relief bill, which is set for a vote on Friday night.

But Democrats in both chambers acknowledge that the policy will be stripped out in the final version of the bill — a setback for the left wing of the party, which has pushed for the policy for a decade.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2021/0...ntarian-471688

I swear the left is so dumb, the politicians do the dumbest things to satisfy them even if it means withholding stimulus money for a longer period of time due to the forced amendment in a time of need apparently.
    Last edited by rawimpact; 03-12-2021 at 09:27 AM.

I mean look at this article from LA times

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-budget-crisis

L.A. expects to receive $1.35 billion from the relief bill. Garcetti is ‘ecstatic’

U.S. Rep. Jimmy Gomez (D-Los Angeles) said the relief money will prevent city leaders from seeking additional pay cuts from their workers. Those reductions would have had a ripple effect across the region, hitting workers who are “the backbone of the middle class,” he said.
    Middle class? The Democrats were inches away from lowering the AGI limits. The small businesses these middle class individuals owned are wiped off completely or their savings and the same Dems want those that are still up and running to start paying a 15 minimum wage?

Look, I'm not against minimum wage being 15, I agree it should be -- but there's a time and place for it. Had Covid not happened and the economy continued to thrive like it was before i'd say lets do it.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Unless you're a MAGA like me who lives in a piss blue state.

And why should I give the money back? Pissing away money is what Democrats do best. The stimulus bill is full of libtard pork. I'll squeeze whatever I can get out of it. Its bad policy, but with Dems in power, I'm rooting for things to go as badly as possible until we get a real government again.
    I feel bad for you buddy but for now, you need to take the L. Don't worry, that won't last forever.

wheres our ****ing checks

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by welfarefan View Post
    wheres our ****ing checks
    The Republicans don't wanna help the common man.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

someone get paksat his check right now. oppressed european trump supporters want their reparation's

Oh goodie, is the welfarefan calling other posters a 'beaner' a sign of desperation for waiting so long on this one?