Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default More likely to break out next year? Darius Miles or Tim Thomas?

^
    Every ISH off-season from 2001 to 2005 or so backed up by unlimited early 2005 hip hop mixes(fortunately I never made one on either of them myself:

There are still videos on YouTube asking why Tim didn’t become the best player in the nba....and Miles was somehow even more hyped than him. Miles had higher highs far as spectacular moves and games....you can see him shake the shit outta Kobe up there....

Tim had bigger moments especially in the playoffs.

Both had they followers though. Dudes just waiting for Glenn Robinson and Odom to get out of the way....

Darius has a great podcast going at least. He lived up to the hype there. Possibly the GOAT nba podcast....at least till JJ retires and takes the crown.

I don’t know what the hell Thomas is up to.

Default Re: More likely to break out next year? Darius Miles or Tim Thomas?

I feel I’m required to show Kobe getting his get back for sentimental reasons.....

And to acknowledge Miles likely travels on his......

Also...once more...Miles got the better highlight but Thomas did the greater damage. To the lakers especially.....

Coming back down 3-1 the Suns watch Kobe drop 50 along with the big basket with 29 seconds left. Lakers win that game they go on to the Clippers in round 2. All LA series? Kobe essentially at home every game? Who knows. He may have powered them to the wcf. Anyway....

Not only does Thomas force OT he mocks Kobe’s “heart” celebration after he does. Suns destroy LA in overtime and force game 7.

No doubt the peak of a career that was supposed to be a lot better.

Good High School Starter

I think Stromile Swift has got a better chance of doing that, especially this year with J-Kidd. I know he can make him look like Kenyon Martin.

Cant help but remember waiting for my guys Al Harrington and Jonathan Bender to breakout in that same timespan with the latter being always injured while the former left the Pacers because he wanted to be a starter despite already recieving starter mins off the bench.

Stro I never had faith in. At least I don’t think I did. He’s that rare guy who just looks like an idiot. I don’t know that he is....a lot of guys people say play stupid sound intelligent when they speak(Jamal Crawford sounds like an analyst). Stro just....didn’t inspire much faith.

And having thought about it.....

I really wish Tim Thomas missed that shot. Laker/Clipper series and then Lakers/Mavs if they won? Lakers split the season series with the Clippers and won ca the Mavs. Kobe had 43 and his famous 62 in 3 quarters vs them that year. Though he was -1 with the 43 and Kwame a +12...so I’m sure the plus/minus nerds would have had something to say that flew in the face of all common sense. Anyway....that may have been a surprising series.

06 Lakers/Heat finals even being possible would have been some great hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Cant help but remember waiting for my guys Al Harrington and Jonathan Bender to breakout in that same timespan with the latter being always injured while the former left the Pacers because he wanted to be a starter despite already recieving starter mins off the bench.

Yea Bender was the third of those guys but he was hurt too often to take serious. He did get a lot of those “Next year.....” topics though.

Tyrus Thomas and Anthony Randolph

Travis Outlaw and Brendan Wright

Corey Maggette and Ricky Davis.

NBA rookie of the year

Darius Miles was in 3 movies including the Perfect Score. So it looks like even Hollywood wanted him to be a star.

College star

I remember Miles was drawing comparisons to Kevin Garnett when he first came into the league. Well, that didn't end too well now did it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Tyrus Thomas and Anthony Randolph
    Anthony Randolph aka AR4 aka the next Kevin Garnett.

Everyone I knew was hyped about him and convinced he was going to be the next big thing...You have to understand how bad it was being a Warriors fan back then. We were grasping onto anything at that point.

Mags and Brandan Wright too. Even though with Maggette everyone knew who he was by that point when we got him. Wright had some talent but was built like a stick figure and subsequently was always injured.

Things were really bad for Warriors fans for along time.

**** Tim Thomas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Stro I never had faith in. At least I don’t think I did. He’s that rare guy who just looks like an idiot. I don’t know that he is....a lot of guys people say play stupid sound intelligent when they speak(Jamal Crawford sounds like an analyst). Stro just....didn’t inspire much faith.

And having thought about it.....

I really wish Tim Thomas missed that shot. Laker/Clipper series and then Lakers/Mavs if they won? Lakers split the season series with the Clippers and won ca the Mavs. Kobe had 43 and his famous 62 in 3 quarters vs them that year. Though he was -1 with the 43 and Kwame a +12...so I’m sure the plus/minus nerds would have had something to say that flew in the face of all common sense. Anyway....that may have been a surprising series.

06 Lakers/Heat finals even being possible would have been some great hype.
    The more I think about it, the more I think maybe the way things turned out was for the better.

I honestly think if Tim Thomas misses that shot, Lakers make the finals. However, I also think the Heat would've beat that Laker team. Kobe would've had his hands full with Wade while Shaq would be shitting on Kwame all series. Heat would've had HCA as well.

Kobe losing to Shaq in the finals would probably have been the worst possible outcome. He'd have been beyond livid. I don't think he stays in LA in that scenario.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I think maybe the way things turned out was for the better.

I honestly think if Tim Thomas misses that shot, Lakers make the finals. However, I also think the Heat would've beat that Laker team. Kobe would've had his hands full with Wade while Shaq would be shitting on Kwame all series. Heat would've had HCA as well.

Kobe losing to Shaq in the finals would probably have been the worst possible outcome. He'd have been beyond livid. I don't think he stays in LA in that scenario.
    lol The 2006 Lakers weren't beating the Mavs. Likely wouldn't get past the Clippers for that matter.