Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Dak is Back

Default Re: Dak is Back

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    It was greater... and It was basically the last opportunity for a title for three great players: Dirk, Kidd, and Marion, so much was on the line.

And you have to factor in our playoff run against Kobe & Durant... It wasn't just about beating the ultimate Super Team in the finals. Who did the CAVS and PISTONS beat going into the finals? I don't even remember. But people do remember Kobe, Phil and the Lakers getting swept.

Lebron has gone on to win it again... 16' Cavs is probably #2 in terms of "epic" and 04' Piston's #3... No doubt these 3 are the holy trinity of greatest and most cherished NBA rings ever... but sorry, Dallas is #1, not by much... but enough to where it should be clear to any average NBA fan without bias/favoritism.

Now that I think about it a bit more, I tend to agree.

That mavs championship was amazing... I mean how on earth do you win a championship with either JJ Barea or Deshawn Stevenson and a 38 year old Jason Kidd as your 2 starting guards? I remember being blown away by Jason Kidds defense in that series, he shut down Lebron about as well as anyone I have ever seen.

If the Cowboys can beat Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes in the Super Bowl... A doomsday defense led by rookie MLB Parsons... that's a potential scenario that could be more epic than my 2011 Mavs.

Hopefully we stay healthy these last two weeks and capture the #2 or #3 seed... looks like GB is getting the first round BYE.
    I think its going to come down to coaching. The cowboys seem to have as much talent as anyone.
    Last edited by Nanners; 12-31-2021 at 11:16 PM.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

The boys are probably going to play the Cardinals, maybe the Rams if San Francisco balls out today. They aren't a lock to beat either one.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Cowboys-49ers, it's the 1990's again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post

see you mfers at the end of 2022... and hopefully at the beginning of 2023

week 10's hype video sums up the entire 21/22 season.

Lol Dak sucks against the rest of the NFL. Yeah he dominates the NFC East, drops 51 points on them multiple times a year. But I'm sorry the playoffs will not be NFC east opponent in the 1st round, NFC east opponent in the divisional round and then an NFC east opponent in the nfc championship game

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Ezekiel Elliott is a perfect example why you never draft a RB in the top 10. Dude was a beast in his first few years in the NFL and now he is pretty pedestrian. Why do RB's have such short primes? I can't name one RB that was dominant in their 30's.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Ezekiel Elliott is a perfect example why you never draft a RB in the top 10. Dude was a beast in his first few years in the NFL and now he is pretty pedestrian. Why do RB's have such short primes? I can't name one RB that was dominant in their 30's.
    Cuz they get crushed by defenses literally on every other play?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post

I agree... never draft RB with an early 1st.

the stats may suggest otherwise... but Zeke really only gave us one dominate season: his rookie year, after that he lost a step.

This year it looks like he lost another step.

He's a durable and tough Running Back.... but the skills & speed obviously aren't what they use to be.

He'll be gone after next year. Probably play 2-3 more years for another team and retire.

We're gonna ride out 4 more years of Dak (1st year over)... and then move on from him too.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/dallas-c...elliott-18952/

You can afford to overpay for a decent a middle of the pack QB, but you can't overpay the RB too.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Cuz they get crushed by defenses literally on every other play?
    That is one factor, yes. But humans in general start running slower after age 25, I think that factors into it as well. The RB position relies so much on quickness and speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    I think its going to come down to coaching. The cowboys seem to have as much talent as anyone.
    called it