Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Dak is Back

Default Re: Dak is Back

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Good thing the Boys don't play in the AFC West 1-3 and they barely beat the chargers. Dallas will still make the playoffs but they can't beat the Bucs or Packers on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    https://i.redd.it/jz9c9jdx8y081.png

Last edited by Doomsday Dallas; 12-15-2021 at 03:15 PM.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

i got back into sports betting just to lay 500 on the boys to win the whole thing.

i will not be held responsible as a jinx if they lose

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    i got back into sports betting just to lay 500 on the boys to win the whole thing.

i will not be held responsible as a jinx if they lose
    Well the Bucs lost Goodwin . So it's between the Rams, Pack and Cowboys now.

I'm surprised Dooms didn't make a NFC east banner yet. Not that it means much

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy View Post
    I'm surprised Dooms didn't make a NFC east banner yet. Not that it means much

I have hated the cowboys almost my entire life, but for some reason I find myself kinda rooting for them this year... I dunno why I suddenly feel this way, I guess I'm gonna claim its because I want dooms and primetime to be happy

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    I have hated the cowboys almost my entire life, but for some reason I find myself kinda rooting for them this year... I dunno why I suddenly feel this way, I guess I'm gonna claim its because I want dooms and primetime to be happy
    My youngest son is now 13, about the same age I was when the Cowboys won back 2 back Super Bowls in 92' & 93' ... about 30 years ago. (29 to be exact)

Been watching almost every game with him this season. I just want him to enjoy a DALLAS Super Bowl victory like I did when I was younger. That would be special.

Got to witness a NFL dynasty in my teenage years, and the greatest NBA ring ever achieved in my adult years,... can't ask for much more than that.

Dallas doesn't get the sweet taste of success in the sports world very often ... but when it does happen, it's f*cking magical.

The window of SB opportunity is going to be there for 3 years with Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, and Dak... We're a force again. Not quite like the early 90's but close enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    My youngest son is now 13, about the same age I was when the Cowboys won back 2 back Super Bowls in 92' & 93' ... about 30 years ago. (29 to be exact)

Been watching almost every game with him this season. I just want him to enjoy a DALLAS Super Bowl victory like I did when I was younger. That would be special.

Got to witness a NFL dynasty in my teenage years, and the greatest NBA ring ever achieved in my adult years,... can't ask for much more than that.

Dallas doesn't get the sweet taste of success in the sports world very often ... but when it does happen, it's f*cking magical.

The window of SB opportunity is going to be there for 3 years with Lamb, Parsons, Diggs, and Dak... We're a force again. Not quite like the early 90's but close enough.
    I am very happy to hear that. My dad grew up in new england and he is a huge patriots fan, and I was around 10 years old when we watched Brady win his first title... in the following years me and the old man had a lot of memorable and special times watching football together, and were still getting together almost every weekend to watch a game or two.

That said, lets not get too carried away with the Dallas stuff. The mavs title run was pretty damn epic, but was it really a greater championship than the Pistons in 2004 or the Cavs in 2016?

Anyway, the boys seem to have a phenomenal SB window right now, especially with their situation on defense. Parsons and Diggs are arguably the best in the entire league at their respective positions and they both locked into rookie contracts for the next couple years. Dak looks like one of the best QBs in the league and he has an insanely stacked group of receivers to throw at. The o-line is great and Zeke is great. It seems like the only potential weak spot on the team is McCarthy... if Dallas had a top tier coach they would be terrifying.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    That said, lets not get too carried away with the Dallas stuff. The mavs title run was pretty damn epic, but was it really a greater championship than the Pistons in 2004 or the Cavs in 2016?
    It was greater... and It was basically the last opportunity for a title for three great players: Dirk, Kidd, and Marion, so much was on the line.

And you have to factor in our playoff run against Kobe & Durant... It wasn't just about beating the ultimate Super Team in the finals. Who did the CAVS and PISTONS beat going into the finals? I don't even remember. But people do remember Kobe, Phil and the Lakers getting swept.

Lebron has gone on to win it again... 16' Cavs is probably #2 in terms of "epic" and 04' Piston's #3... No doubt these 3 are the holy trinity of greatest and most cherished NBA rings ever... but sorry, Dallas is #1, not by much... but enough to where it should be clear to any average NBA fan without bias/favoritism.

If the Cowboys can beat Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes in the Super Bowl... A doomsday defense led by rookie MLB Parsons... that's a potential scenario that could be more epic than my 2011 Mavs.

Hopefully we stay healthy these last two weeks and capture the #2 or #3 seed... looks like GB is getting the first round BYE.

I forgot Ware won a ring with Denver. https://www.patspulpit.com/2021/12/3...22-nfl-wilfork