College superstar

Default Kobe Bryant rookie card, in 'pristine condition,' sells for nearly $1.8 million

Didn't see a thread on this. Link is below.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...illion-auction

Default Re: Kobe Bryant rookie card, in 'pristine condition,' sells for nearly $1.8 million

it's not the authentic, it's a replica

Banned

Default Re: Kobe Bryant rookie card, in 'pristine condition,' sells for nearly $1.8 million

That is a bad investment for that particular Kobe card. The pre-1998 Topps cards that use the chrome printing technology are prone to becoming green, giving them an ugly look:

It could ruin its value in the long run. This Kobe rookie card would've been a better investment for that kind of money:

Decent college freshman 2much_knowledge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post
    That is a bad investment for that particular Kobe card. The pre-1998 Topps cards that use the chrome printing technology are prone to becoming green, giving them an ugly look:

It could ruin its value in the long run. This Kobe rookie card would've been a better investment for that kind of money:

It makes me mad that i bought 2 packs of those exact Topps. All of them are in perfect condition but didn't get any superstar players. Just good players like Terrell brandon, Vin Vaker, Glenn robinson

I do have one of those skybox of Dikembe

3-time NBA All-Star

Cards are insane right now. I've been making 3-7 thousand profit a month for the last while. It's alot like the stock market. I've been loading up on kevin porter jr the last couple weeks. Spent about 10 thousand. His value was super low since leaving cavs and getting sent to g league. He just got called up the other day and his value has already almost doubled. That 10 thousand i spent is worth qbout $17,000 now. A couple good games and his value will tripple or quadruple. That $10,000 investment will be worth at least $30,000 in a few weeks from now.

NBA athletes should just buy a ton of their rookies cards upon being drafted and hold onto them for 20+ years.

Think of that ROI!

It doesn’t matter if they green up or not ..1.it’s 1st year of Chrome very very popular 2.it’s a refractor very very popular 3.it’s a POP 2 in all the world ..