Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Ratings for the all star game lowest EVER

It was still the #1 most watched thing on TV that night. TV ratings for everything are down because of streaming, and streaming has been increasing steadily for years.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

You gotta have no ****ing life to waste two hours watching “the all star game”

Watched the game via live streaming in fb. One thing i thought before this season started was if there will be an all-star game for this year, since there were rumors it was going to be postponed and be moved to a much later year. But good thing that didn't happen and the asg still pushed through, despite the absence of the usual audience in the court.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    You gotta have no ****ing life to waste two hours watching “the all star game”
    Edgy as ****, bro.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

I hate to be that guy but I swear I was watching near the beginning and I must've seen 15 or so straight possessions where a 3 was taken. Its gonna get to the point where teams just trade chucking half court shots all game long. I turned it off to watch Waterboy.

I rule the local playground ZionDunks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Watched the game via live streaming in fb. One thing i thought before this season started was if there will be an all-star game for this year, since there were rumors it was going to be postponed and be moved to a much later year. But good thing that didn't happen and the asg still pushed through, despite the absence of the usual audience in the court.
    I would say less than 1% watched it on Facebook.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I never watch the actual game. And that’s why I missed the dunk contest...I thought it was before the game and was at the market, but it did seem like it ended way too quick...didn’t realize they were doing it at the half of the all star game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Nba finals lowest rated ever. World Series? Lowest ever. Super Bowl? Lowest ever. Masters? Lowest since 1957. Kentucky derby? Lowest ever. Daytona 500? Lowest ever. US open? Lowest ever. Wwf raw? Lowest ever. English premier league? Down big here and in Europe. Champions league? 6 year low. Near 10 year low. Not all time because soccer is more popular here than it used to be. But lowest since the popularity spiked. College football final game? Lowest ever...including the bcs years. The French top soccer league damn near went bankrupt off losing a tv rights deal they couldn’t keep their end up on.

The “plenty” of people you know don’t matter a speck just like the people I know who started supporting leagues during the protests. Most of these are at their all time lows by a greater percentage than those people could possibly represent...and in countries that don’t care about American social justice coverage.

As I said....it’s just taking a virtually universal truth....and trying to make it mean something politically when it doesn’t. Trying to pull a point out of thin air to look right when it’s obvious....people aren’t watching sports during this shit. The product is worse. The atmosphere. Everything. And on top of streaming which has utterly destroyed all tv ratings?

Keep talking up go woke go broke. You’ll notice if you look close...it’s own a tv station go broke.

I have like 700 channels and my tv only switches from the Firestick for major live sports. If you got rid of the old people and few young women still trying to dvr the shitty network dramas they love tv would be over.

It might be over anyway in 20 years if not for live sports. There isn’t a single show I watch that isn’t on a streaming platform other than 2 travel Chanel shows I record since I travel so much and like trying nice restaurants I find out about on them.

If I didn’t have a little file in my phone of places to have dinner in whatever city....I might go months without watching tv traditionally.

Ratings as a concept might as well die. You don’t really know who is watching what anymore. All you know is humans in general aren’t watching it on live tv. Shows that got 17 million people 3 years ago are leading the night with 6.

Its the death of a medium. Period. People just wanna be right about their beliefs so bad they ignore the obvious. You might as well be in 1920 talking up the decline in horse usage as a reaction to the politics of the day while ignoring cars.

TV as it used to be won’t exist for anything but live sports in our lifetime and the recent streaming boom brought on by the Netflix/Disney plus/HBO Mac/peacock/paramount plus/Hulu/Amazon battle going to the next level due to the pandemic is what’s gonna kill it.

Once live sports moves in full to a streaming platform that doesn’t have to charge 70 dollar for it like Hulu cable is over. No political standpoint by any league or network can stop it.
    So why did the NBA office make an specific point (as stated by Silver himself) to tone it down from the bubble, and only bring in-yo-face wokeness back for the allstar game as a bargaining chip to get woke players to show up when they didnt want to?

Why would they stop ceaselessly promoting ‘social justice’ throughout their broadcasts if it wasnt affecting the bottom line?

Why?
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 03-10-2021 at 07:27 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I hate to be that guy but I swear I was watching near the beginning and I must've seen 15 or so straight possessions where a 3 was taken. Its gonna get to the point where teams just trade chucking half court shots all game long. I turned it off to watch Waterboy.
    Back in the 90s teams just chucked midrange shots and hook shots. That was boring as hell back then. The AS games are actually exciting for me now.

Until they learn that their “platform” is for them to play sport on, not ram their political nonsense down everyone’s throat, these sports will continue to spiral down the toilet.
    No one wants to hear athletes on $100m contracts whining about how hard people have it.

On top of that the product is shit.

NBA lottery pick

NBA was at best when MJ was around.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

East vs West also gave it a rivalry feel. Like our conference is tougher. Teams actually played to win. Final score 110-111 so they're gonna score a little higher than a normal game but not ****in 170-150. It's just a show boating joke now, they're just playing to show off. In a way it's an embodiment of LeBrons career... everybody teaming up picking guys lol.

It used to be East vs West and that meant something.

Ironically, Kobe actually passed the ball to Tim Duncan when he was doubled, and Timmy boy bricked the game winner.

To be fair he may have been in a state of shock Kobe actually dished him the rock in that position.