Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: New York Times: “ The Nets are title favorites right now.”

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    I agree there's never an excuse as a player. That goes for anyone though. Mj and bron included. I feel like you would use excuses when it comes to bron in 09, 11, 14 and 17. We as spectators can still use common sense and trends when predicting shit though. And common sense and trends says defense is very important
    Teams with two former mvp players or more win 95% of the time

Imagine if you put a bunch of money on the Jazz to win the title back in October.

Banned

Everyone knows it's the preseason favorite rankings what really count. No matter how stacked a certain team gets throughout the regular season, or how injured another team gets, it's the preseason favorite rankings that really count. Especially compared to the finals favorites.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Teams with two former mvp players or more win 95% of the time
    There's no way that's true. In the last 20 years Shaq played with nash twice and bron once and didn't win. Yeah shaq was older and out of his prime but i wouldn't say kd is in his prime either. Yeah he can still put up numbers because he's still gooe and the league is the easiest its ever been but he's clearly lost a bit of a step. This will show up more in the post season if he can actually make it. Then you have kyrie's brain that you have to deal with. Harden will be solid but even he can struggle more than usual come playoff time.

I just don't think they'll be able to defend and rebound against the better teams deep in the playoffs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    There's no way that's true. In the last 20 years Shaq played with nash twice and bron once and didn't win. Yeah shaq was older and out of his prime but i wouldn't say kd is in his prime either. Yeah he can still put up numbers because he's still gooe and the league is the easiest its ever been but he's clearly lost a bit of a step. This will show up more in the post season if he can actually make it. Then you have kyrie's brain that you have to deal with. Harden will be solid but even he can struggle more than usual come playoff time.

I just don't think they'll be able to defend and rebound against the better teams deep in the playoffs.

This dude just tried to make a point, but then shut himself down immediately by pointing out how stupid that point was.
    Durant was a legit MVP candidate while he was playing this season. For a week or two he was #1 in MVP rankings. Shaq was a role player with the Suns. Everyone was so impressed when he made All-NBA 3rd team that one season.

They should be favorites...

Durant/Kyrie/Harden with good role players and now Blake off the bench. Good luck!

I mean, what are we even talking about? Defense? The 01 Lakers were garbage defensively throughout that season. Their duo was too strong though. Don't see how Brooklyn will be different, especially in a league catered to perimeter play.

It's yet to be seen if they could make it to the finals this year

College superstar

This is not prime durant and he is coming off a major injury. Kyrie is unstable. The only solid player the nets have is harden. This is unlike the MIA superfriends collusion where it was a foregone conclusion. This nets, no one is dancing around proclaiming and certain that they are sure to win it all.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoatest View Post

This dude just tried to make a point, but then shut himself down immediately by pointing out how stupid that point was.
    Durant was a legit MVP candidate while he was playing this season. For a week or two he was #1 in MVP rankings. Shaq was a role player with the Suns. Everyone was so impressed when he made All-NBA 3rd team that one season.
    Bruh the whole point is dumb. Your point was weak to begin with. There's no big sample size for 2 MVP's on the same team winning because it rarely happens. The warriors with kd is the only team i can think that had 2 players on it that recently won MVP's. Maybe magic and Kareem in the early 80's? That's a 3 year sample size compared to literally every championship team ever being good defensively.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

If Durant comes back legit... Lakers are toast. Clippers are toast unless playoff P stops hitting the side of the back board. Only hope is embiid shitting on them since they have no center but still he can't pass out of doubles. Nash will devise a plan.

Oh hey, look who's back. It's tadpole... i mean tpots. ;)