Default Luca Doncic is still way too fat and he will get hurt.

Hate to call this but Luca Doncic has a terrible shape. Theres no way he is going to last with the combination of upperbody size putting weight on his knees and his playstyle which is pretty much LeBron 2.0 Branball-lite.

Doncic already looks less explosive than he was a year ago. Add a few years of this workload and his body could break down even worse than Blake Griffin. I don't know what the solution is. A Kevin Love-like transformation could hinder his effectiveness down low where he is not pestered by larger players but could help alleviate pressure on his legs.

Or you could play him as is and let time run it's course. An early prime may lead to an early end...or maybe Luca is so skilled he could play for a long time... but a Larry Bird early demise could be in the cards. We will see how far modern medicine has evolved.

Conclusion: I think a prime-Larry Bird build would be best for Luca. Not too thin, not too heavy. He should also consider lightening his workload.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Luca Doncic is still way too fat and he will get hurt.

Is his still fat?

These balkanites come over to the US and they become instantly soft.

I blame american culture. You'se are soft.

I rule the local playground ZionDunks's Avatar

He is round looking for 20 or whatever

Who's fatter, him or chewing?

Why would he get hurt? He isnt a high flier, isn't moving fast and has the size to take contact. I don't see why he should suddenly become injury prone.

Made that high school varsity squad Thenameless's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post

Doncic already looks less explosive than he was a year ago. Add a few years of this workload and his body could break down even worse than Blake Griffin.

Or you could play him as is and let time run it's course. An early prime may lead to an early end...or maybe Luca is so skilled he could play for a long time... but a Larry Bird early demise could be in the cards. We will see how far modern medicine has evolved.

Conclusion: I think a prime-Larry Bird build would be best for Luca. Not too thin, not too heavy. He should also consider lightening his workload.
    I think he'll be fine. He plays nothing like a Blake Griffin, so really, no loss there.

You're right, if he can tailor his game to be more like a Larry Bird, then that would be best suited for his body type and skill set. He just has to avoid ruining his back by trying to put in a concrete driveway.

He'll be fine as long as he keeps playing in slow motion and jacking unnecessary 3s. He does well despite his "lack" of athleticism.

He hardly jumps, and rarely hits the deck. He is going to take a lot less injuries just due to his play style. Athletic adonises are often the guys to go down bad with injuries. John Wall has basically the perfect body for a guard, but he hit the ground hard like 3 times a game and was always banged up. Amare was built like a Greek god and ended up having a dozen knee surgeries.

Yeah he's playing in slow motion and he's only going to get slower at this rate.

He needs to consume less calories and save his limbs some years.