Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum are only 33 years old

They would still be in the league and just exiting their prime now going h2h against these up and coming bigs if not for injuries or attitude.

How rich would we consider this era be for big men if these two alone had actually panned out with lengthy / healthy hardworking careers? They would be added to the mix of guys we've got now like Davis, Jokic, Embiid, KAT etc

How would this era rank for all-time big men in that situation vs now?

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Default Re: Greg Oden and Andrew Bynum are only 33 years old

Wooooooow. I thought they were older for some reason. I know Bynum was really young when he came into the league. lol

Bynum had the potential to be contender for the best big in the league at one point. He had nice footwork and he was developing some post moves. His passing game kind'a sucked tho from what I remember. He was a blackhole.

But it's hard to say what he would do in this league. I remember back then he got benched and didn't play a few games cuz he attempted a 3 with 16 secs left on the clock. Nowadays, coaches would encourage it. It really shows you how the game changed.

Oden never played enough for me to really see what he could do lol. He could've been a better Andre Drummond who actually plays defense. lol

But it's really hard to say how good they were be. They could be on their downside of their career. And I dunno how well they could adapt to the league. I don't think they were good enough to force the league to adapt to them. But it would be solid era for big men if they stay healthy and was motivated to be the best. But there's a lot of "what ifs" and intangibles that they would probably be different players than what they are.

Age is just a number but where are they now?

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micku View Post
    Wooooooow. I thought they were older for some reason. I know Bynum was really young when he came into the league. lol

Bynum had the potential to be contender for the best big in the league at one point. He had nice footwork and he was developing some post moves. His passing game kind'a sucked tho from what I remember. He was a blackhole.

But it's hard to say what he would do in this league. I remember back then he got benched and didn't play a few games cuz he attempted a 3 with 16 secs left on the clock. Nowadays, coaches would encourage it. It really shows you how the game changed.

Oden never played enough for me to really see what he could do lol. He could've been a better Andre Drummond who actually plays defense. lol

But it's really hard to say how good they were be. They could be on their downside of their career. And I dunno how well they could adapt to the league. I don't think they were good enough to force the league to adapt to them. But it would be solid era for big men if they stay healthy and was motivated to be the best. But there's a lot of "what ifs" and intangibles that they would probably be different players than what they are.
    Damn if Bynum would have stuck around he'd actually have been considered somewhat of a pioneer for that play - too ahead of his time the league wasn't ready yet!