Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Justice League Snyder Cut

Flash was so much better. They made him much less annoying

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    the pacing issues (particular when introducing the characters) are absolutely a flaw in this film, but it's inherently flawed because they set out to compete with the avengers who all had a shit load of films to roll out their characters vs the JL ensemble thrown at the audience with little backstory. it's still much better than the original cut however.
    I absolutely appreciate that Aquaman, Flash and Cyborg got some backstory added in. However, getting through that backstory was just a total slog. It felt less like a guy's original vision and more like the work of a guy who got a once-in-a-lifetime do-over and used it to pile on the nostalgia and fan service. There exist plenty of movies where Zack Snyder can shine as a director and storyteller; the DCEU is unfortunately beyond his skill set.

Warner Bros. really messed this up ten or more years ago when they didn't dig high and low for the DC equivalent to Kevin Feige. Despite its flaws, the MCU succeeds in large part because its driven by a guy with encyclopedic knowledge of the universe who is smart, business savvy and hyper-motivated.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Flash was so much better. They made him much less annoying
    +1. I got goosebumps towards the climax when he used the Speed Force. Synder actually made Cyborg and Flash the most important characters in that moment and I loved it. "At The Speed Of Force" is Flash's Theme in my opinion... they finally did the character justice on the big screen.

"Make your own future. Make your own past. It's all right now."

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    +1. I got goosebumps towards the climax when he used the Speed Force. Synder actually made Cyborg and Flash the most important characters in that moment and I loved it. "At The Speed Of Force" is Flash's Theme in my opinion... they finally did the character justice on the big screen.

"Make your own future. Make your own past. It's all right now."

Yeah man that was bad ass, great superhero movie. Up there with the best of them. Snyder got the formula right this time and it was visually strong and entertaining from beginning to end. I wasn't a Snyder fan. This is his best since Watchmen, maybe even better.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Yeah man that was bad ass, great superhero movie. Up there with the best of them. Snyder got the formula right this time and it was visually strong and entertaining from beginning to end. I wasn't a Snyder fan. This is his best since Watchmen, maybe even better.
    My main gripe about the film was the massive amount of worthless slow-motion shots. Like when they go to confront Steppenwolf the first time and they're walking down the stairs in slow-motion with rock music. I'm like WTF. Also Aquaman going out to the pier with liquor taking his shirt off in slow-motion was a waste of time. They probably could've Shaved 10-20 minutes off the film just removing the useless shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode View Post
    My main gripe about the film was the massive amount of worthless slow-motion shots. Like when they go to confront Steppenwolf the first time and they're walking down the stairs in slow-motion with rock music. I'm like WTF. Also Aquaman going out to the pier with liquor taking his shirt off in slow-motion was a waste of time. They probably could've Shaved 10-20 minutes off the film just removing the useless shots.
    Its a Snyder movie. What do you expect? Shit looked great on the big screen. Did you see it on a tiny screen or something?

The worst looking shit was the Amazonian chase scene. Holy shitty green screen batman!

Local High School Star

Haven't seen it yet, but was it as good as expected?

What's weird is Snyder did Batman vs Superman (I think?), and that wasn't a good movie.