2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

Unhappy [WW2] USS Arizona still leaking oil

nearly 80 years later

has anyone had the chance to visit this memorial and gravesite in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii?

Default Re: [WW2] USS Arizona still leaking oil

I always wanted to visit Auschwitz but it's kinda easy to choose between that 5k+ Euro trip vs Bahamas/Cayman islands.

What's the best holocaust tour to take, Poland?

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy View Post
    I always wanted to visit Auschwitz but it's kinda easy to choose between that 5k+ Euro trip vs Bahamas/Cayman islands.

Auschwitz was one of the bigger work camps turned later into death camp. but i believe Treblinka 100km outside of Warsaw is one of the more haunting execution camps. prisoners would be killed in mass almost immediately after exiting the trains

op's butt cheeks still leaking taco salsa

I've done the auschwitz tour as well as seen Anne Frank's residence in holland. The auschwitz tour was great, eerie to walk on the same soil many took their last steps. Anne Frank's residence was underwhelming partly due tot he long line that wrapped around the block. When reading the book I imagined a small cramped place but it was significantly bigger and taller than I imagined.

I went to the holocaust and genocide museum in Washington DC years ago. It brought chills reading first hand experiences, watching clips there, and the exhibits. The most memorable was the shoes exhibit, which brought chills down my spine. They were actual shoes from the actual death camps. There were also actual suitcases, clothes exhibit right before the women, children and elderly were forced to strip & enter the showers.... They might have actually had a shower exhibit where you walk into a room that showed what the last thing those people saw including kids. Some heartbreaking stuff that changes you as a human being. Never again..

It's, of course, not the same as going to the actual original extermination camps. Just thinking about it is haunting.

I always wanted to visit Auschwitz as well but I agree.. the cost of the trip vs. other parts of Europe and Bahamas is a hard decision.

Yeah I visited it was dope. Went last year

what a shit hole

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I went to the holocaust and genocide museum in Washington DC years ago. It brought chills reading first hand experiences, watching clips there, and the exhibits. The most memorable was the shoes exhibit, which brought chills down my spine. They were actual shoes from the actual death camps. There were also actual suitcases, clothes exhibit right before the women, children and elderly were forced to strip & enter the showers.... They might have actually had a shower exhibit where you walk into a room that showed what the last thing those people saw including kids. Some heartbreaking stuff that changes you as a human being. Never again..

It's, of course, not the same as going to the actual original extermination camps. Just thinking about it is haunting.
    Yeah the memorial in DC is gnar, went there for school a ways back same with Gettysburg tour.

I want to go to ground zero though, like Omaha Beach/Normandy. See all the bunker remains n shit