Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 31011121314 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: The Rashard Lewis contract is frightening.

[COLOR="Red"]
    $18.333.333 p.a.[/COLOR]

Unbelievable. Smith must also be his agent.

Quote Originally Posted by jbot
    that's alot of $ for this guy, but maybe the magic know something that everybody else doesn't?
    Like what, he posseses a stone which he will touch and magically he will become, Michael Jordan?

Quote Originally Posted by ElPigto
    Like what, he posseses a stone which he will touch and magically he will become, Michael Jordan?
    You mean these?

Maybe he stole those sneakers from little bow wow? Otis you sneaky devil, you're the only one who knows. Now the contract makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by FPower
    You mean these?

Maybe he stole those sneakers from little bow wow? Otis you sneaky devil, you're the only one who knows. Now the contract makes sense.

Local High School Star

From the main menu "Badly overpaid"

I agree completely

Saw a basketball once

I'm not totally clear on the shard contract. it's a 127 mil for 6 years right? so yeah that's a 21.6 mil average per year, but on some other threads I saw figures like 15 mil first season, so is the contract extremely backloaded and incentive/bonus laden?

Now don't get me wrong, I live in Seattle and for the last 4 years Shard has been my favorite player to watch. When he is hot, he is one of the most unstoppable players on the offensive end in the game. He isn't in the same league as a Kobe, but he compares favorable to just about anyone else.

However Rashard has some major issues that I would be upset about if I was a magic fan. Rashard is 28 almost 29 I believe. He's rail thin and every season for the last 3/4 years he has been getting tendinitis and inflammation in his joints and knees.

I honestly think this could turn out to be Grant Hill x2 for the Magic, except that in his prime Hill was a better player, worthy of max money.

Rashard isn't really a playmaker and he is a horrible defender. For a 6'10 forward he plays terrible D. Not just rebounds but Man to man as well. He plays a little better team defense in the open court, getting a decent amount of steals.

For a max money player, Rashard is not at all a team leader, at least vocally.He's very lax and soft spoken.

I have to say I'm sad to see him go, but I would have been sick to see him stay at that Shaq/Kobe/Iverson/Garnett price tag.

S0.................

What does this sign and trade mean for my Sonics?

It sounds like a 2nd round pick and a 9.5 mil trade exceptiom?

Yes/No???

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

if he gets this kind of money he will be known as the most supremely overated and overpaid player in recent memories. Orlando you have done enough dumb mistakes already in the past like letting Shaq go as a FA and not getting anything in return and now you're gonna give Lewis a 100 + million when he's not even a top 20 talent in the league.

People will just do this at you even your fans :

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Is Orlando retarded?

^^^Something's not right there. The trade exception should be 16 million if that's what Shard's starting salary is going to be. Unless the Magic are shipping out somebody in the sign and trade...
    I'm not sure what the exact rule is, but the Suns only got back half of Joe Johnson's salary in his S&T to Atlanta.

It sounds like a 2nd round pick and a 9.5 mil trade exceptiom?
    The exception should be much bigger unless the Sonics are getting a player from the Magic. I don't understand why 9 million is being reported.

OH yeah! BYC. Since he's base year, Shard only counts as half his new salary, or his previous salary, whichever is greater. Now it makes sense.
    Last edited by FPower; 07-11-2007 at 06:34 PM.

MLK of NBA Minorities

Default Re: Otis Smith's offseason master plan...

If JJ Redick is not starting for Magic, they are gonna miss the playoffs.

Default Re: Otis Smith's offseason master plan...

Quote Originally Posted by TheHonestTruth
    If JJ Redick is not starting for Magic, they are gonna miss the playoffs.
    They wont make it anyway.

Saw a basketball once

Rashard lewis contract is a laughing stock. He is the second coming of Jermaine O'neal and Allan Houston. Not to mention Ray Allen. I would never give these player the max. only Duncan,healthy prime Shaq James & Ming would get that money. i am a Knicks fan but even we would not have given Lewis this money. Also we were never going to trade away our pieces just for him.Wish the Knicks had gotten Darko instead of Fat Randolph.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

What's truly unbelievable to me is the 6th year of the contract. That means that Otis Smith was dumb enough to fall for the idea that there was another team out there willing to max out Shard, AND produce a sign and trade that would have appealed to Seattle. Call a bluff man, Jesus. And if there actually WAS that .0000001% chance out there that Shard's agent was telling the truth...friggin let Shard go. Go get Gerald Wallace instead, and re-sign Darko as a bonus.

^^^Something's not right there. The trade exception should be 16 million if that's what Shard's starting salary is going to be. Unless the Magic are shipping out somebody in the sign and trade...
    I agree 100%. This deal has chance to go down in the annals. Talk about hitting the Otis Smith Powerball. The Sonics & his agent have to be laughing the rear end off.

Well that worked out well.

Nice Masterplan.

Not airballing my layups anymore samy568's Avatar

I think Rashard Lewis should also thank Billy Donovan for the contract. Psychologically Smith didn't want to lose Rashard like he lost Donovan so he gave into every whim of Dutt(Shard's agent). It's all psychological...and Shard cashed out big time.