Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: MLBPA threatens to move AS game after Georgia election reform bill

What a stupid thing for the MLB to do. Punishing people who need this revenue to survive just because the suits in the MLB caved to the woke mob when they haven't even read the bill themselves.

MLB requires photo ID to pick up tickets from Will Call, but boycotts Georgia for voter ID law.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/mlb-photo...rgia-voter-law

Learning to shoot layups

I could be incorrect, but it just seems to be a bunch of people getting upset about things because other people told them they should be upset. I still haven't seen it clearly articulated by anyone as to how this is potentially anything other than gerrymandering, which all political parties do. I definitely haven't seen it articulated as to how this bill is racist, specifically. As I said, just a bunch of people getting riled up about click-bait headlines and soundbites. I am open to someone changing my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Smart View Post
    I could be incorrect, but it just seems to be a bunch of people getting upset about things because other people told them they should be upset.
    This is pretty much how everything that's been canceled or removed over the last year has happened.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm Smart View Post
    I could be incorrect, but it just seems to be a bunch of people getting upset about things because other people told them they should be upset. I still haven't seen it clearly articulated by anyone as to how this is potentially anything other than gerrymandering, which all political parties do. I definitely haven't seen it articulated as to how this bill is racist, specifically. As I said, just a bunch of people getting riled up about click-bait headlines and soundbites. I am open to someone changing my mind.
    It's called manufacturing consent and it's why no lib is able to come back to this thread and explain why they are right in the face of logical questions.
    Instead, any opinion expressed here by libs were donr early and reflected the same talking points as they heard somewhere online or on TV.

Typical liberal morons crying again

Cancel culture at its finest

Local High School Star Code Breaker's Avatar

All you have to say is if the GOP won comfortably would they have done this hell no. There’s many things that makes this Bill more restrictive. Drop boxes become way more limited. The days and hours to vote will be shortened. Voters will have less time to request absentee ballots from 180 days to 70. Already long wait times will be even more crazy. Also limiting mail in voting might hurt the GOP just as much as a good chunk of their voters use this method (elderly). All in all after losing for the first time in decades this reeks of desperation to stay in power.

Also they want to boycott the MLB, Coca-Cola, Delta and other organizations that’s calling them out on this bill. Good luck with that

This is where the liberals lose me.

The bill is stupid but boycotting Atlanta and putting the livelihoods of Georgians at risk is stupidity at its finest.

Local High School Star west_tip's Avatar

The idea that this is Jim Crow on sterioids is ridiculous hyperbole. The lengths that the southern democrats went to disenfranchise black voters from the end of reconstruction far exceeded this GA legislation. Rather, it seems that the democrats strategy for winning elections is all about volume of voters. They figure that the higher the turnout the better their chances of winning are. Anything that would have a detrimental impact on voter turnout (whether it is voter apathy, voter ID, smaller window for voting) they consider as harmful to their chances of winning.

However, is there any proof that the democrats have a worse chance of winning elections with lower turnout? Why would would be democrat voters be less committed voters or less likely to have an ID? Has there been a case study on this that really supports the contention that this is more harmful to the democrats than their counterparts in the republican party?

HAPPY NOW? Georgia Officials Say MLB’s Decision to Ditch Atlanta Will Cost Local Businesses $100 Million

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/stat...00649867112449

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    HAPPY NOW? Georgia Officials Say MLB’s Decision to Ditch Atlanta Will Cost Local Businesses $100 Million

https://twitter.com/seanhannity/stat...00649867112449
    Oh well. Causalities of war. Amirite?

https://mobile.twitter.com/barstools...77895663435778

Yeah good luck boycotting MLB 40k fans

MLB moves the game to Denver, in a state with stricter voting laws. Denver, a predominantly White city. You can't make this shit up.