Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Elderly Asian woman attacked in Manhattan while security looks on and does nothin

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Serious question, what's behind these seemingly random acts of violence on Asian people? Is it really a covid19 backlash? I mean, there are Asian people here in Mexico too and I haven't heard of that happening here, in fact we went to a Chinese restaurant (owned by obvious Chinese people as they struggled with Spanish) last weekend and there were a lot of people there, and I also saw a lot of people ordering take out so there isn't a backlash here against Asians...I've also read that there has been an uptick of violence against Asians in Europe too.

Idiotic if you ask me, the people who are being attacked had nothing to do with the pandemic (I'm guessing that's the root cause), for all you know, that lady could have been South Korean and not even Chinese. It's the Chinese communist government people should be pissed at. Although for fuq sake can you Chinese people not eat everything under the sun? I mean, who looks at this and says, mmm that looks tasty

Random acts of violence are nothing new, they happen every day.

Probably by simple coincidence, a succession of attacks were caught on camera that happened to include Azns, which caused people to perceive them as inter related phenomena. The media picked it up and ran with it as the latest soapbox distraction issue, and now there’s a feedback loop where attacks on Asians are the most likely to be posted/seen, even tho other attacks are still happening at the usual rate. And here we are. #STOPAZNHATE splattered all over every major corporate everything.

The reality is, crazy people attack random victims of every background, pretty much every day. “Asian persecution” is just an opportunistic media narrative.

Not to say that random violence against anyone isnt a big deal. It’s terrible and should be addressed. But the media can weave a victim/aggressor narrative out of pretty much anything, and the simple public will always believe it.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 03-30-2021 at 07:14 PM.

Default Re: Elderly Asian woman attacked in Manhattan while security looks on and does nothin

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Random acts of violence are nothing new, they happen every day.

Probably by simple coincidence, a succession of attacks were caught on camera that happened to include Azns, which caused people to perceive them as inter related phenomena. The media picked it up and ran with it as the latest soapbox distraction issue, and now there’s a feedback loop where attacks on Asians are the most likely to be posted/seen, even tho other attacks are still happening at the usual rate. And here we are. #STOPAZNHATE splattered all over every major corporate everything.

The reality is, crazy people attack random victims of every background, pretty much every day. “Asian persecution” is just an opportunistic media narrative.

Not to say that random violence against anyone isnt a big deal. It’s terrible and should be addressed. But the media can weave a victim/aggressor narrative out of pretty much anything, and the simple public will always believe it.
    sure, there's no question that the media and liberals run with it and blow it out of proportion, but there's also no question that there have been a handful physical attacks and vocal discrimination against asians regarding covid. i think you know that, but failed to acknowledge it for some reason. it's obviously not happening on a mass scale at all, and is only confined to a few major cities but it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    sure, there's no question that the media and liberals run with it and blow it out of proportion, but there's also no question that there have been a handful physical attacks and vocal discrimination against asians regarding covid. i think you know that, but failed to acknowledge it for some reason. it's obviously not happening on a mass scale at all, and is only confined to a few major cities but it's there.

Youre making the assumption that a bunch of completely rational, pacifistic persons just up and decided to physically assault an asian stranger bc theyre angry about covid.

In reality, some of these attacks would have happened REGARDLESS, as statistical evidence shows they do every day, and the fact the attackers taunted them about covid bc theyre Azn is purely ancillary. It is not the actual reason most of the attacks happened. They were the usual attacks that happen every day to people of all kinds. Theyre being spotlighted that way as a result of mainly coincidence and confirmation bias.

Also, didnt one of the verbal incidents happen when some lonely lady on a bus went provoking attention by playing mask police? As far as I’m concerned, the dude who clapped back was well within his rights to respond in whatever manner he chooses (verbally).

Again, people being randomly targeted for violence is a serious concern, and we all know which side of the aisle are the ones unwilling to do anything about crazies roaming the streets. But the big social movement geared toward stopping Asian-specific victimization? It’s a canard. Either we care about stopping random violence in general (which most dont) or not. Asians arent in any more danger walking down the streets of Oakland than they were in 2018 or 2019. Theres just even more video of the shit that’s always been going on. We cant be aggressive about violence in general bc loser left wing voters will consider that “black oppression.” So we always have to frame the issue of violence in either a vulnerable-minority or white-supremacist context. This situation happens to be the former. But the truth is it’s simply a “too much violence in society” issue. Not an Azn oppression issue.
    Last edited by FultzNationRISE; 03-30-2021 at 07:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Youre making the assumption that a bunch of completely rational, pacifistic persons just up and decided to physically assault an asian stranger bc theyre angry about covid.

In reality, some of these attacks would have happened REGARDLESS, as statistical evidence shows they do every day, and the fact the attackers taunted them about covid bc theyre Azn is purely ancillary. It is not the actual reason most of the attacks happened. They were the usual attacks that happen every day to people of all kinds. Theyre being spotlighted that way as a result of mainly coincidence and confirmation bias.

Also, didnt one of the verbal incidents happen when some lonely lady on a bus went provoking attention by playing mask police? As far as I’m concerned, the dude who clapped back was well within his rights to respond in whatever manner he chooses (verbally).

Again, people being randomly targeted for violence is a serious concern, and we all know which side of the aisle are the ones unwilling to do anything about crazies roaming the streets. But the big social movement geared toward stopping Asian-specific victimization? It’s a canard. Either we care about stopping random violence in general (which most dont) or not. Asians arent in any more danger walking down the streets of Oakland than they were in 2018 or 2019. Theres just even more video of the shit that’s always been going on. We cant be aggressive about violence in general bc loser left wing voters will consider that “black oppression.” So we always have to frame the issue of violence in either a vulnerable-minority or white-supremacist context. This situation happens to be the former. But the truth is it’s simply a “too much violence in society” issue. Not an Azn oppression issue.
    i just find it hard to understand why you can't acknowledge that even just a small percentage of these recent attacks on asians have to do with covid. and in doing that, your argument loses credibility. and not just this particular subject (i ain't trippin' on that), but with anything. you're always quick to go the contrarian and anti-media/anti-mainstream route and you lay out your arguments well when doing so, but you never want to give in to even an inch of what the masses say or believe. believe it or not - there's always at least SOME truth to what you see on tv or what you read in the paper. it's just obviously up to us to disect and figure out - not brush aside completely because it's 'what everybody else believes '. feel me?

i'm not attacking you btw, i just hold you to a higher standard than the simple f***s here that do the same shit, but without a respectable argument besides one liner talking points they hear from their 'team', or whatever sean hannity is running with that day. you know... as you would say - the bladefd's and millertime's of the right.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    i just find it hard to understand why you can't acknowledge that even just a small percentage of these recent attacks on asians have to do with covid. and in doing that, your argument loses credibility. and not just this particular subject (i ain't trippin' on that), but with anything. you're always quick to go the contrarian and anti-media/anti-mainstream route and you lay out your arguments well when doing so, but you never want to give in to even an inch of what the masses say or believe. believe it or not - there's always at least SOME truth to what you see on tv or what you read in the paper. it's just obviously up to us to disect and figure out - not brush aside completely because it's 'what everybody else believes '. feel me?

i'm not attacking you btw, i just hold you to a higher standard than the simple f***s here that do the same shit, but without a respectable argument besides one liner talking points they hear from their 'team', or whatever sean hannity is running with that day. you know... as you would say - the bladefd's and millertime's of the right.
    I cant speak to the nature of every single incident, so I’m not.

Im stating the reason big corporations are tripping over each other to slather themselves in “STOP AZN H8!!!!” rhetoric isnt about any kind of statistically meaningful rise in violence (as if theyd care either way). It’s about skewed media coverage and opportunism, as are most popular movements in this country.

Id be very surprised if the objective number of incidences of violence has markedly risen. I think the usual random attacks are being falsely correlated and overly represented in recent coverage. As you seem to agree.

Where did you see me say “not one single attack was about the coronavirus?” I dont know why you want that admission from me. It wasnt my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Three separate attacks on Asians recently and each of the perpetrators has NOT been White.
    yes but as CNN has widely reported the attackers all displayed a "white supremacist mindset"

The Most Hated Man Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Random people get attacked every day in nyc.Hire more police and let police officers openly walk around with assault rifles like how they do in Chicago during big events....nothing ever....ever happens in those locations(a gang-infested city just like NYC)...and if it does they will put brains on a sidewalk. quick fast and in a hurry
    Last edited by Mask the Embiid; 03-30-2021 at 10:10 PM.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie View Post
    Crazy how instead of helping they closed the doors.
    yeah

welcome to "society" in 2021

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    I might have to go to New York and unload.
    **** you Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    Random people get attacked every day in nyc.Hire more police and let police officers openly walk around with assault rifles like how they do in Chicago during big events....nothing ever....ever happens in those locations(a gang-infested city just like NYC)...and if it does they will put brains on a sidewalk. quick fast and in a hurry
    Was this english?

Dumber than Jeff.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post

Lol wut??

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Lol wut??
    CPD, openly walk around with assault rifles on them during big chicago events....in one of the worst gang-infested cities in america...Where gangbangers are super reckless and will shoot rival gang members on sight anywhere they see them at any time regardless of who or how many people are in the way.

During these big events in chicago(where every gang in the city are bound to see each other) when police are allowed to openly walk around with assault rifles....nothing....has.....ever....happened.... and if anything happens....they will put your brains on the sidewalk(with a huge bullet)....quick....fast....and in a hurry

idk how to say this any simpler

Now bring this to NYC...but make it an everyday thing not just big events like parades,high ranking gang member's funerals, marches, ect.Crime will go down with cops walking around the city like they do in Chicago with assault rifles

^ CPD
    Last edited by Im so nba'd out; 03-31-2021 at 01:35 AM.

The psycho was out on parole after serving time for killing his mom and has been caught.

Safe to say the idiot likes being in prison.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    The psycho was out on parole after serving time for killing his mom and has been caught.

Safe to say the idiot likes being in prison.
    Yeah, when you kill your own mother, you aren't fit for society.

Is it safe to say masked Embiid is also I'm nbaed out?

They write exactly the same.