Default Do you think sometimes people deserved to be scammed?

A family friend was just scammed last week. This lady is 58 years old. The scammer called and pretended to be from the police and said that her son was involved in an auto accident and they needed money urgently to pay the hospital to save his life. She immediately sent them $25,000 without even talking to her husband first.

This lady has lived for 58 years and still fall to such a basic scam. I mean, I felt sorry for her but at the same time I feel like she fully deserve this for being so stupid.

Local High School Star

Default Re: Do you think sometimes people deserved to be scammed?

That's a really shockingly severe scam, though.

There are much dumber scams to fall for. I can picture lots of rational people freaking out in a situation like that. I feel bad for her.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Do you think sometimes people deserved to be scammed?

So the person scamming her knew she had 25k?

Was the scammer her son...

"Hey mom. This is the police. I'm dying... I mean your son is dying... please send me your life savings to save my life... i mean, his life."

When has a hospital ever asked for money in advance to save a person's life... death was so urgent that they stopped to make a phone call.

My question.... how did this dumb woman ever make enough money to save 25 grand. Her husband must cut her steak for her and hold her hand to cross the street.