Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Only 13 unarmed black men were killed by police in 2019

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    I don't expect cops to be perfect. I do think that a cop drawing her gun and killing a suspect with it while believing it was actually her taser is a rather egregious mistake. From what I've read, officers are taught to carry their taser and gun on opposite sides of their torso, solely to prevent this kind of "mistake". Was she not trained properly? Maybe she's not really suited for police officer duty in the first place, but the force had to accept her due to an absence of qualified candidates. I understand that police officers are underpaid, which can result in substandard candidates being accepted to the force.

But you characterize the victim as a "pos". You've already decided that it's his own fault that he's dead.
    Of course its his fault. She shouldn't have resisted. He'd still be alive then. He endangered other lives too, speeding off like he did. "POS" is being nice.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

I don't expect cops to be perfect. I do think that a cop drawing her gun and killing a suspect with it while believing it was actually her taser is a rather egregious mistake. From what I've read, officers are taught to carry their taser and gun on opposite sides of their torso, solely to prevent this kind of "mistake". Was she not trained properly? Maybe she's not really suited for police officer duty in the first place, but the force had to accept her due to an absence of qualified candidates. I understand that police officers are underpaid, which can result in substandard candidates being accepted to the force.

But you characterize the victim as a "pos". You've already decided that it's his own fault that he's dead.
    Can you imagine if he had been at home doing his homework instead of wandering the streets being a gangster? He would be alive today. So if you put yourself in situations like that, then of course it's your fault if you get shot. He had a gun. He poses a threat to everyone.

He is a "pos" though, in a different timeline he gets away, speeds through traffic and kills someone.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    Of course its his fault. She shouldn't have resisted. He'd still be alive then. He endangered other lives too, speeding off like he did. "POS" is being nice.
    Like I said... you've already decided that it's his own fault that he's dead. Innocent until proven guilty is apparently a novel concept to you. I think it would be nice if we could have heard his version of the events, but of course... he's dead now. He maybe made a mistake, the police officer definitely made a much bigger mistake, but he's a dead pos and she apparently shouldn't even be in jail because it's all his fault.

He was told to turn around against the against the car and put his hands behind his back. He turned around and then when trying to cuff him, he lunged towards the front seat of the car and made it into the front seat.

If he had complied, he'd still be alive, correct?

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

When the MAGAs say "America First."
    What they really men is "White America First."

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    You are white

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Legend#32 View Post
    Between 2016 and 2020 Trump's support amongst minorities grew, how does that make you feel?

Go ahead, spew some hatred towards these people like your sibling Mr. Woke.

I agree it's not an epidemic and I do think it gets exaggerated - too many people don't like to look at the actual numbers. But at the same time, that doesn't excuse Chauvin or this case. When it does happen in a manner like with on camera with Floyd, you have to hold cops accountable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    He was told to turn around against the against the car and put his hands behind his back. He turned around and then when trying to cuff him, he lunged towards the front seat of the car and made it into the front seat.

If he had complied, he'd still be alive, correct?
    Democomies???

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I agree it's not an epidemic and I do think it gets exaggerated - too many people don't like to look at the actual numbers. But at the same time, that doesn't excuse Chauvin or this case. When it does happen in a manner like with on camera with Floyd, you have to hold cops accountable.
    It definitely gets exaggerated, look at what the media is trying to do with that 16 year old who was trying to stab to death a girl right in front of them. I don't even like cops but that's a hard sell on trying to make us think that chick wasn't trying to kill someone and that that was excessive use of force, I ain't buying it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    It definitely gets exaggerated, look at what the media is trying to do with that 16 year old who was trying to stab to death a girl right in front of them. I don't even like cops but that's a hard sell on trying to make us think that chick wasn't trying to kill someone and that that was excessive use of force, I ain't buying it.
    If that cop gets in trouble, a new precedent will be set. What is going to happen in a future similar situation if cops see a black person involved in an altercation is they will wait on the sideline watching & yelling to stop but do nothing else. They will only intercede after the stabbing is done and on video. So the pendulum will swing that way and that far.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    If that cop gets in trouble, a new precedent will be set. What is going to happen in a future similar situation if cops see a black person involved in an altercation is they will wait on the sideline watching & yelling to stop but do nothing else. They will only intercede after the stabbing is done and on video. So the pendulum will swing that way and that far.
    Yeah, that's a possibility but I've seen the video online at various websites and 90-10 the comments are in favor of the cop, even at left leaning sources. FFS this kid was lunging at another kid with a deadly weapon, it's terrible she lost her life but maybe don't try killing another person???

I don't think and I hope that cop doesn't get in trouble.