Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Default Re: Still not worried about climate change?

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    Post like this show utter cluelessness about energy. There is a lot more that comes out of fossil fuels other than just oil, gas, diesel, and jet fuel. The monomers that are used to make things like plastic, synthetic rubber, resins, Styrofoam, etc.... come from crude oil. Green alternatives are to these are nowhere near feasible to keep up with demand. Yes rubber grows in trees but tires are made from many types of rubber including natural rubber and there is nowhere near enough natural rubber which is why they found a way to produce a synthetic poly-isoprene natural rubber alternative. There was no such thing as 70,000 mile tires back when natural tree rubber made up 100% of a tire.

As for the 3.5 trillion dollar bill:
    Nobody is saying to stop all oil. We don't have alternatives to airplanes, tires, etc. We can significantly reduce it though to net zero levels. That is not the same as saying 100% renewable energy.

Under that scenario, oil investments will still significantly suffer. Even if you still use some oil for certain things like aircrafts or some plastic. Around half of all oil produced globally is used for vehicle gasoline (including cars and buses/trucks). You slash that down and oil consumption plummets. That does not mean it stops 100% - we don't need to stop 100% of oil production but significantly reduce it. We need to reach a sustainable level that is in balance.

It's clear you don't understand the energy issue or what sustainability entails.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Hear is how many take it - and quite frankly they are in denial that three is truly a climate change occurring.
    They complain on facebook about gas prices... and why it rains alot , why there is so many wildfires, and their water tastes like crap.
    Not to mention some of the worst hurricanes in history.
    (we won't mention that animals around the global are trying to find ways to eat , because it is past them (out of sight - out of mind))

I mention to them that even if our government is trying to make a change , these same people point fingers at officials talking about how they are
    lining their pockets with motives of global warming.
    (we won't mention - for example the past administration had government meetings at a facility that he owned)

SO these same people in such denial consistently point fingers as if they are judges of all of our government , but they don't want to point fingers at them selves.
    (cheap gas prices , car industry's started making more large SUV's , trucks etc .. because it works hand in hand)
    (we won't mention these same drivers - will complain about fuel costs that heat their homes)

What I have seen wind mills across the midwest , solar farms as well (and the closest community I live by has installed a solar farm that will take 1500 homes
    off the grid.
    I have created some threads about water , sun .
    (but we won't talk about battery operated vehicles , that all most every manufacture are now creating.)

why would big business do this , or these things unless there is a reason ??
    (My plans - in the next 2-3 years I am going to solar panels)

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Machin is a clown. He keeps delaying the legislative proposal because of the renewable energy legislation portion. He intentionally pushed it out until now so Biden/US is unable to push other countries to match US push for renewable energy at Glasgow. We have not passed our bill so we cannot push for renewable energy legislation in other countries.

The guy is playing a game, holding everyone hostage over his own investments in fossil fuel companies. The number for the infrastructure bill used to be $3.5 trillion. It was brought down to $1.9 trillion. He is refusing to budge from $1.5 trillion so they brought it down to $1.75 trillion latest. He still refuses to budge. I suspect that even IF the number is brought down to $1.5 trillion, he is going to complain about something else. This infrastructure bill significantly damages his fossil fuel investments. It's only a matter of time though since solar/wind are simply cheaper than oil/coal. Natural gas is within grasp of getting beat by next year at the pace solar/wind has been falling. There is absolutely nothing that can save his coal/oil/gas investments.
    Imagine thinking that a single cent of the money in the 6uild 6ack 6etter bill will be spent on anything resembling environmental protection

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Imagine thinking that a single cent of the money in the 6uild 6ack 6etter bill will be spent on anything resembling environmental protection
    Do you have an actual breakdown of the bill to warrant that belief? Imagine trashing a bill before you even know what it covers.

Do you have an actual breakdown of the bill to warrant that belief? Imagine trashing a bill before you even know what it covers.
    Name the last time our govt passed any notable spending bill that was focused on anything other than further increasing the power/wealth of the powerful/wealthy

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    Name the last time our govt passed any notable spending bill that was focused on anything other than further increasing the power/wealth of the powerful/wealthy
    Right after I made that post, the infrastructure bill was passed.

55 billion allotted for fixing roads,
    40 billion for fixing bridges,
    16 billion for other infrastructure projects,
    40 billion for repair and upgrades to public transportation (includes trains/railway and bus upgrades to clean energy buses).
    66 billion on additional rails and trains so basically expand railways.
    12 billion for intercity rail for certain cities (not sure which cities but I assume big cities like NYC/Chicago/etc with infrastructure for subways).
    65 billion for broadband internet upgrades wherever it's lacking in infrastructure and speed
    17 billion for sea ports for upgrades/repair.
    25 billion for airports to repair/upgrade.
    7.5 billion for electric school buses.
    7.5 billion for placing more electric vehicle chargers.
    65 billion for power grid upgrades by putting in more power lines, replacing very old ones, and also towards renewable energy projects.
    55 billion for repairing and upgrading clean water infrastructure.
    50 billion for what they say improving resilience (I don't know what this one includes but says it's for improving resilience to droughts, floods, and cybersecurity).
    21 billion for cleaning up and clearing up old mines/gas wells that leak greenhouse gases like co2 (I know there are hundreds of these all across the country from decades ago leaking stuff because the owners didn't properly close them).

That will be paid for over 10 years so not going to be paid all at once. Anyways that is only halfway to 1.2 trillion so I would like to see where the other half goes.

Build back better bill is a separate bill still being worked on to try to get Manchin on board. I don't know where that is or what it covers..

BUMP!

Maybe everyone who buys into the climate change horshit will get to experience this "affliction".

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnySic View Post
    BUMP!

Maybe everyone who buys into the climate change horshit will get to experience this "affliction".
    lol, They are trying to blame what are most likely Covid vaccine deaths on so called "climate change".

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Nanner -- I would like to see evidence of Gates and Monsanto .... (If he is , he is losing his ass in law suits. )
    sorry, somehow I missed this post earlier

https://gmwatch.org/en/news/archive/...ts-in-monsanto

Its coming. And when it does, you'll see libtards walking around in space suits. People like me who will go out in normal clothes will be considered crazy.

Banned

[IMG]Its coming. And when it does, you'll see libtards walking around in space suits. People like me who will go out in normal clothes will be considered crazy.
    "Only racists and nazis are complaining about having to go without power for a week..."

"If you protest the power shutdowns you're probably an evil racist chud that wants to bring slavery back..."

These idiots don't learn:

Conservative groups have crafted a plan for demolishing the federal government’s efforts to counter climate change — and it wouldn’t stop with President Joe Biden’s policies.

The 920-page blueprint, whose hundreds of authors include former Trump administration officials, would go far beyond past GOP efforts to slash environmental agencies’ budgets or oust “deep state” employees.

Called Project 2025, it would block the expansion of the electrical grid for wind and solar energy; slash funding for the Environmental Protection Agency’s environmental justice office; shutter the Energy Department’s renewable energy offices; prevent states from adopting California’s car pollution standards; and delegate more regulation of polluting industries to Republican state officials.

If enacted, it could decimate the federal government’s climate work, stymie the transition to clean energy and shift agencies toward nurturing the fossil fuel industry rather than regulating it. It’s designed to be implemented on the first day of a Republican presidency.
    https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...plans-00107498

Do they actually realize climate change is humanity-driven or that it is even happening? I don't think they do. They are only concerned with their fossil fuel investments in oil/gas/coal and being absolutely short-sighted to next month rather than next decade.

Conservatives are never going to convince libtards that climate change is a hoax; they have their heads way too far up their asses.

A better strategy may be to offer alternative solutions to the, ahem, "problem". Their solutions (electric cars, solar, windmills, etc.) quite frankly, suck. We should counter with nuclear power and natural gas.

Conservatives are never going to convince libtards that climate change is a hoax; they have their heads way too far up their asses.

A better strategy may be to offer alternative solutions to the, ahem, "problem". Their solutions (electric cars, solar, windmills, etc.) quite frankly, suck. We should counter with nuclear power and natural gas.
    What's the problem with using solar and wind too? What's the problem with electric cars?

It seems your moronic plan requires oil as well. Glad you at least didn't mention coal.

These idiots don't learn:

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/0...plans-00107498

Do they actually realize climate change is humanity-driven or that it is even happening? I don't think they do. They are only concerned with their fossil fuel investments in oil/gas/coal and being absolutely short-sighted to next month rather than next decade.
    The right are a threat to humanity and the entire planet...