Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Suns hit 40 wins already, 25 games above .500...

Chris Paul effect

just wondering why curry can't lead a team to a 1-8th playoff seed but a 35 year old CP3 can?

Ayton isn't even playing anywhere to his potential. his play has improved over the recent games, but we were winning games long before he found his stride. if we can improve our 3pt defense, and Ayton continues to play well, we'll be able to keep up with anyone in the league.

We all know what happens to cp3 in the playoffs

Airtupac backfire thread trying to troll the Suns last year.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0-21-preseason

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan View Post
    Suns will never win shit. I would bookmark but this trash franchise isn’t even worthy.
    Stfu clown. pretty sure you were one of the ones saying suns wouldn't make playoffs earlier on this season. You never get anything right. Your dumbass probably still thinks curry has a chance at winning another chip

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

highway called it, how did he know

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave View Post
    It's not gonna be easy for any teams in the West this year. Sh*ts gonna be crazy. But I like the way coach Monty has this team playing and had them playing in the bubble which was a win or go home type situation for them. This team plays hard on both sides of the ball and doesn't give up, and they believe they can beat anyone. They have the right mentality, we just need to see how they work out.

If they lose in the playoffs, then so be it. But no doubt in my mind they're gonna try their hardest, and that's what I ask for as a fan. Expect their bench to be a huge factor on if they win series or not. The Suns bench has the highest +/- in the entire NBA. When they're playing their best, it's very difficult to beat this team. And obviously defensive size/length/speed matchups will be a big factor that can give the other team a big advantage. The Suns have plenty of good defensive wings, but only have 1 good defensive athletic big in Ayton who actually has the potential to give good bigs like AD/Jokic/etc trouble. I expect teams to try to sub in their best bigs when Ayton is off the court a lot, or get Ayton switched off onto smaller guys. Ayton can defend smaller guys quite well, but, say, Bridges length on defense with his long ass arms is his best feature but it's only a big advantage when defending other guys close to his own size. So there's definitely some teams that we match up with better than others, but we'll see.

I wouldn't write off the Suns completely in any series the way they're playing. They surprise even me all the time.
    i like the optimism bud. you seem like a dedicated and rational fan. time will tell, but we agree having paul as your quarterback wont hurt their chances.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz View Post
    Airtupac backfire thread trying to troll the Suns last year.

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...0-21-preseason
    that clown must be back in his rathole.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24 View Post
    i like the optimism bud. you seem like a dedicated and rational fan. time will tell, but we agree having paul as your quarterback wont hurt their chances.
    Cp is nice and is one of the best at dragging a medium team to the playoffs like bron. Not sure he can take a good team all the way though. He's an old 6'2 gaurd. They generally don't win chips as their teams best player. As far as i know Only 2 did it in their prime and that's steph and isiah thomas and they both had championship defenses behind them. Cp dosn't have that

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Cp is nice and is one of the best at dragging a medium team to the playoffs like bron. Not sure he can take a good team all the way though. He's an old 6'2 gaurd. They generally don't win chips as their teams best player. As far as i know Only 2 did it in their prime and that's steph and isiah thomas and they both had championship defenses behind them. Cp dosn't have that
    doubt the suns go all the way either. but winning a series isn't out of the equation. depending on where their bracket is, i could see them beating a team like dallas or portland.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24 View Post
    doubt the suns go all the way either. but winning a series isn't out of the equation. depending on where their bracket is, i could see them beating a team like dallas or portland.
    Yeah i could definitely see them beating anyone other than lakers and clippers if they're both healthy

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Suns are 5th in pts allowed & DRTG, they're good enough defensively (2018 Rockets were 6th in DRTG). To be fair, his best Playoff runs have been ruined by injuries or with his team being on the losing end of a close game that either ended or shifted the series, which hasn't always been all his fault. He's beat some contenders and would have likely won it all in 2018, if not for a season-ending injury.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Suns are 5th in pts allowed & DRTG, they're good enough defensively (2018 Rockets were 6th in DRTG). To be fair, his best Playoff runs have been ruined by injuries or with his team being on the losing end of a close game that either ended or shifted the series, which hasn't always been all his fault. He's beat some contenders and would have likely won it all in 2018, if not for a season-ending injury.
    I don't really disagree with any of this the only problem is there's alwsys gonna be someone as good who's bigger and bigger longer players still dominate. It's hard for small gaurds to impact the game as much as bigger, taller players. Especially ones who more athletic. Cp competes with them as good as anyone but it's not a fair fight. Someone like bron does everything cp does but a bit better because he's bigger, taller and more athletic.