Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Default Bobcat attacks a woman

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: Bobcat attacks a woman

"IT'S A BOBCAT I'LL SHOOT THAT MFER IT ATTACKED MY WIFE!" - screaching in fear he's so worked up. It's barely bigger than a house cat it literally can't kill him or his wife even if it wanted to it barely scratched them probably was trying to defend a litter of kittens it had in the bushes nearby or something no more harmful than if a neighbors cat scratched him yet in his vengeful mind now he is certain he must shoot it dead cause it cat-scratched his wife.

People and their exaggerated fears of animals is pathetic sometimes.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    "IT'S A BOBCAT I'LL SHOOT THAT MFER IT ATTACKED MY WIFE!" - screaching in fear he's so worked up. It's barely bigger than a house cat it literally can't kill him or his wife even if it wanted to it barely scratched them probably was trying to defend a litter of kittens it had in the bushes nearby or something no more harmful than if a neighbors cat scratched him yet in his vengeful mind now he is certain he must shoot it dead cause it cat-scratched his wife.

People and their exaggerated fears of animals is pathetic sometimes.
    I agree that people freak out about wildlife WAY too much, but a bobcat is much stronger than a housecat.
    Not a litter - you see it run in from a cross the street at the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick Stern View Post
    I agree that people freak out about wildlife WAY too much, but a bobcat is much stronger than a housecat.
    Not a litter - you see it run in from a cross the street at the start.
    Either way even if it was being overly bold deciding to attack this one time it's such a fluke occurrence and it probably would never go near people again after that guy threw it - I've seen a bobcat once in my life from very far away, they are in my area but are usually so terrified to go near people you'll never even know they are around. I wouldn't be any more afraid of a bobcat than I would a cocker spaniel trying to attack me it's just not big or dangerous enough and I certainly wouldn't scream like that and decide I need to shoot it lol

Just noticed the guy ACTUALLY pulled out a gun

This is the kind of guy that shouldn't even be allowed to carry a gun.

There is nothing more dangerous than a fearful coward with a gun. They are literally the next most dangerous kind of person with a gun next to pre-meditated killers as far as I'm concerned because they are jumpy and quick to pull the gun / trigger because even minor non-life-threatening scenarios like fighting or confrontations make them panic. Pulls a gun on a damn 20lb cat - yes it's bigger than a house cat but barely, with certainty he has a terrible sense of genuine danger. Guys acting like a Grizzly mauled his wife.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Either way even if it was being overly bold deciding to attack this one time it's such a fluke occurrence and it probably would never go near people again after that guy threw it - I've seen a bobcat once in my life from very far away, they are in my area but are usually so terrified to go near people you'll never even know they are around. I wouldn't be any more afraid of a bobcat than I would a cocker spaniel trying to attack me it's just not big or dangerous enough and I certainly wouldn't scream like that and decide I need to shoot it lol
    A bobcat could **** you up way more... especially if it can get its claws near your head and neck which it could easily jump and do. Youre underestimating its quickness.

This is typical rich old people. My parents act like that. They'd walk past an outdoor basketball court full of people playing with no shirt and think it's a dangerous area.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    A bobcat could **** you up way more... especially if it can get its claws near your head and neck which it could easily jump and do. Youre underestimating its quickness.
    It’s a cocker spaniel sized cat man. It’s not even slightly dangerous beyond scaring people who have an irrational fear of animals. Cat scratches even from that bobcat can’t kill nor even seriously injure people. That panicking idiot pulling out his gun in a suburban neighborhood however, was a lot more dangerous to his neighborhood that very moment than that cat ever was lol

NBA rookie of the year AlternativeAcc.'s Avatar

Omg you're dumb. A bobcat of any size would **** you up and kill you if it wanted

Not to mention the threat of rabies and other diseases

Yes his reaction was cringey but you pretending it's no big deal is just as cringey

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post
    Omg you're dumb. A bobcat of any size would **** you up and kill you if it wanted

Yes his reaction was cringey but you pretending it's no big deal is just as cringey
    If you believe this animal can kill you you're a huge coward man. Get outdoors and experience nature a bit more. These things kill birds and rabbits for a living they are not equipped to kill people. Randomly a BIG male up in Canada might get big enough to catch a wobbly legged deer fawn once or twice in its life. It's never going to be capable of killing a full grown man or woman.

There has never been a reported fatality from a bobcat - ever.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

It’s a cocker spaniel sized cat man. It’s not even slightly dangerous beyond scaring people who have an irrational fear of animals. Cat scratches even from that bobcat can’t kill nor even seriously injure people. That panicking idiot pulling out his gun in a suburban neighborhood however, was a lot more dangerous to his neighborhood that very moment than that cat ever was lol
    Yes they can lmao... It could easily slice an artery on your neck or take an eye out. Its claws are much stronger than a house cats, and its wild and athletic. And yes if any wild animal tried attacking family members you're going to protect yourself. What kind of dumbass logic is it to not? The cat kept coming back to attack, you want him to fight it hands only?
    Last edited by tpols; 04-16-2021 at 02:03 PM.

Decent college freshman

Anyone that has actually lived in the countryside knows a bobcat can’t kill an adult human. Most are the size of a Maine Coon house cat

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlternativeAcc. View Post

Yeah I would have probably tried to kill it by slamming it's head against the concrete but shooting it if it could be done safely would work too. The bobcat was obviously going for the small pet the lady was carrying but it's possible it might have rabies to as you don't typically see them a neighborhood during the day. I'd want to make damn sure it was tested for rabies. That poor guy and/or his wife would have to get a series of rabies shots if it had bit them and they didn't kill it so it could be tested.

ALWAYS try and kill a wild mammal which has bitten you so it can be tested unless it's an endangered species

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Yes they can lmao... It could easily slice an artery on your neck or take an eye out. Its claws are much stronger than a house cats, and its wild and athletic. And yes if any wild animal tried attacking family members you're going to protect yourself. What kind of dumbass logic is it to not? The cat kept coming back to attack, you want him to fight it hands only?
    This would be my main concern. Id imagine Bobcats are statistically harmless because they so rarely attack humans. But if one does jump on a panicking middle aged woman, surely theyd pose some kinda risk for meaningful damage. Why take the risk? Obviously the guy’s reaction was over the top, as if the Bobcat were a sentient being attacking out of malice rather than simple animal instinct.

Unfortunately the only known species of fully impotent bobcat has gone extinct.

The Charlotte Bobcat

Quote Originally Posted by GrayGoat View Post
    Anyone that has actually lived in the countryside knows a bobcat can’t kill an adult human. Most are the size of a Maine Coon house cat
    This exactly. Bunch of suburban sheltered cowards in here “deadly bobcats omg!” (Zero deaths by bobcat in all of recorded history)