Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Default Re: Bobcat attacks a woman

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    Either way even if it was being overly bold deciding to attack this one time it's such a fluke occurrence and it probably would never go near people again after that guy threw it - I've seen a bobcat once in my life from very far away, they are in my area but are usually so terrified to go near people you'll never even know they are around. I wouldn't be any more afraid of a bobcat than I would a cocker spaniel trying to attack me it's just not big or dangerous enough and I certainly wouldn't scream like that and decide I need to shoot it lol
    Getting rabies shots is a bitch. If you really live in a rural area you would know the need to kill the animal for testing. Pretty sure at the point of attack he didn't know if his wife had been bitten or not

The woman might have a cat or a small dog in the box she's carrying, looks like one of those boxes.

I think an angry house cat going crazy is pretty scary, they're fast, fearless and you probably have to it bad or kill it to make it stop.

This is still good advice should you ever be unlucky and get attacked by a strong dog:

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    The woman might have a cat or a small dog in the box she's carrying, looks like one of those boxes.

I think an angry house cat going crazy is pretty scary, they're fast, fearless and you probably have to it bad or kill it to make it stop.

This is still good advice should you ever be unlucky and get attacked by a strong dog:

Yep, Ive always been leery of cat bites/scratches, while Ive really never been worried about being accosted by even the meanest rogue dog. A dog is more about brute strength than a cat, and any grown man should have no problem trumping a dog in that regard. With cats it’s more about the sharpness of the teeth/claws, which can be a threat to anyone.

Apparently the Mayo clinic agrees:

Ask your mail carrier about dog bites. They'll tell you it's an occupational hazard. According to the American Humane Society, about 4.7 million dog bites occur in the U.S. each year.
    What you don't hear much about are cat bites. There aren't nearly as many but, according to researchers at the Mayo Clinic, cat bites are extremely dangerous.

Their jaws may be tiny compared to a dog's but their tiny teeth can do real damage, injecting bacteria deep into joints and tissue, perfect breeding grounds for infection.

One indication of the danger is the required treatment. A Mayo Clinic study covering three years shows that one in three patients treated for a cat bite had to be admitted to a hospital. Of those requiring a hospital stay, two-thirds needed surgery.
    Then again Wilt killed one in a fairytale so they must be harmless.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FultzNationRISE View Post
    Yep, Ive always been leery of cat bites/scratches, while Ive really never been worried about being accosted by even the meanest rogue dog. A dog is more about brute strength than a cat, and any grown man should have no problem trumping a dog in that regard. With cats it’s more about the sharpness of the teeth/claws, which can be a threat to anyone.

Apparently the Mayo clinic agrees:

Then again Wilt killed one in a fairytale so they must be harmless.
    My family had a black cat named Mickey growing up we adopted from a cousins place out in the country side... It grew up in a barn there and was outside inside cat with us. Mickey used to kill birds and rabbits all around our property... One day it was sleeping under the couch and I tried to drag it out and it bit my hand so hard my wound developed into a big infection and I was hospitalized for 5 days. Doctor said the bite was so close to the bone that if it had hit it I'd have been on iv antibiotics for 6 weeks.

Local High School Star Chick Stern's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    My family had a black cat named Mickey growing up we adopted from a cousins place out in the country side... It grew up in a barn there and was outside inside cat with us. Mickey used to kill birds and rabbits all around our property... One day it was sleeping under the couch and I tried to drag it out and it bit my hand so hard my wound developed into a big infection and I was hospitalized for 5 days. Doctor said the bite was so close to the bone that if it had hit it I'd have been on iv antibiotics for 6 weeks.

This exactly. Bunch of suburban sheltered cowards in here “deadly bobcats omg!” (Zero deaths by bobcat in all of recorded history)
    I used to mountain bike this park with a known resident bobcat. It would just be chilling in the shade while you rode by.

NBA lottery pick Long Duck Dong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    My girlfriend's sister was ill for months supposedly from a cat bite or scratch. At least that's their story. I found it hard to believe because I've been bit and scratched by about just every creature you normally come across on a farm including scorpions and black widows, and nothing ever happened to me(knock on wood) other than mild inflammation and some fatigue from the black widow bite. But I guess everyone reacts differently.

Bobcats are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Duck Dong View Post
    My girlfriend's sister was ill for months supposedly from a cat bite or scratch. At least that's their story. I found it hard to believe because I've been bit and scratched by about just every creature you normally come across on a farm including scorpions and black widows, and nothing ever happened to me(knock on wood) other than mild inflammation and some fatigue from the black widow bite. But I guess everyone reacts differently.

"IT'S A BOBCAT I'LL SHOOT THAT MFER IT ATTACKED MY WIFE!" - screaching in fear he's so worked up. It's barely bigger than a house cat it literally can't kill him or his wife even if it wanted to it barely scratched them probably was trying to defend a litter of kittens it had in the bushes nearby or something no more harmful than if a neighbors cat scratched him yet in his vengeful mind now he is certain he must shoot it dead cause it cat-scratched his wife.

People and their exaggerated fears of animals is pathetic sometimes.
    I dont care if it's a full sized bobcat, a baby bobcat, or an autistic kid high on crack like warriorfan. I'm shooting em if they try to attack my wife.

Best part of the video was the beginning with the guy thinking today was going to be a great day, "Hmmmm, I need to warsh my car."

Did the bobcat itself came from charlotte, north carolina?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

I have hunted them. The one I have mounted was cornered by hounds in a marsh . I did not have a shot because another guy was in the way of the shot. (winter time)
    Bobcats in Wisconsin no longer climb trees to escape , and stay on the ground. (Ie- they have become more aggressive - because we have an overload of wolves)
    The bobcat jumped a dog and literally put the dogs head in its mouth.... it was brut fight , when cat backed off I was able to shoot it.
    The dogs hide off the scull was ripped from ear to ear.
    The guy in the vid had about a 10-14 pound bob in his hands was very lucky that cat did not do damage to himself.
    He was fearless and saved his wife.