Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Default California's Population Exodus is Intensifying

The California exodus is also a myth.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E_iYqNSV...g&name=900x900

Default Re: California's Population Exodus is Intensifying

Without searching out those articles, my guess is... different authors? If it's the same author, that is really, really shameful. But probably not.

Reporting isn't based in fact anymore... at least not most of it. It's based in opinion. And there are all kinds of different ways to slant data and paint whatever narrative you want, so technically people aren't "lying" even though they are. People don't stick to what they know. They stick to what they feel.

There are more news sources to choose from than ever, but anyone that actually believes our overall information dissemination accuracy has improved in this country, in regards to the news anyways, is outside of their mind batshit insane retarded. It has gone the opposite direction of improvement. Every major media outlet has regressed since their inception. Every single one without fail. ALL OF THEM. 100%.

Side note... any "journalist" that uses the word "haters" in a news article should automatically be discarded, btw. I don't care if people are leaving or aren't leaving California... just saying. How absurd. Zero professionalism. It automatically implies emotion based opinion piece rather than looking at facts.

Both are written by two separate people. The first article cited is filled with anecdotes of various people talking about their experiences. The latter reads more like an opinion piece and provides arguments. Both could be considered opinion pieces tbh with anecdotes from different groups of people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...rs%3f_amp=true
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...te%3f_amp=true

This is what happens when you open an agenda-driven thread without looking into the articles and not even knowing they were written by two separate people.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Are there any stories of people moving to California??

I would love to move to california. I want to be in LA near the beach.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Both are written by two separate people. The first article cited is filled with anecdotes of various people talking about their experiences. The latter reads more like an opinion piece and provides arguments. Both could be considered opinion pieces tbh with anecdotes from different groups of people.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...rs%3f_amp=true
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.lat...te%3f_amp=true

This is what happens when you open an agenda-driven thread without looking into the articles and not even knowing they were written by two separate people.
    You mean we get bladefd to point out the obvious and act like I didn't already know all that?

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post

Go for it.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Chewing would have you believe they are moving to his home state of Mississippi.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Buckle View Post
    You have everyone believing you're a flaming fagett
    And you're Poopsie's sock puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Buckle View Post
    You have everyone believing you're a flaming fagett

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Same here brody

Someone I know in Austin, Texas says Californians have been moving there by the shitload for the last couple years and pissing everyone off.

College superstar

Cali has always been a place where people come and people go. For every person that moves away you have 3 more moving in.

And there’s always been homeless too. People like to romanticize about some imaginary time where there were no homeless people out here. Lol. The 60’s were ****ed, the 70’s were ****ed, the 80’s were ****ed, the 90’s were ****ed, and 2000’s have been ****ed.

Some places clean up and get nicer. Some places go to shit. Nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt View Post
    Cali has always been a place where people come and people go. For every person that moves away you have 3 more moving in.

And there’s always been homeless too. People like to romanticize about some imaginary time where there were no homeless people out here. Lol. The 60’s were ****ed, the 70’s were ****ed, the 80’s were ****ed, the 90’s were ****ed, and 2000’s have been ****ed.

Some places clean up and get nicer. Some places go to shit. Nothing new.
    For the first time ever there are more people leaving Cali than moving in, the state lost a seat in congress because of it.

I have family in the bay area and have been regularly visiting since the 80s, and while there have always been homeless the situation now is borderline apocalyptic. Massive tent cities under almost every highway overpass, piles of trash and human turds littering the sidewalks in the dense urban centers, 50% chance of a smashed car window if you park in SF/Oakland/Berkeley for an hour or two... shit is fvcked.

And yeah, no doubt some places get nicer and some go to shit. I live in Portland, which got pretty damn nice from 2000ish-2015ish but has recently been going to shit (for many of the same reasons) ... but Portland feels like switzerland compared to the bay area these days.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    For the first time ever there are more people leaving Cali than moving in, the state lost a seat in congress because of it.

I have family in the bay area and have been regularly visiting since the 80s, and while there have always been homeless the situation now is borderline apocalyptic. Massive tent cities under almost every highway overpass, piles of trash and human turds littering the sidewalks in the dense urban centers, 50% chance of a smashed car window if you park in SF/Oakland/Berkeley for an hour or two... shit is fvcked.

And yeah, no doubt some places get nicer and some go to shit. I live in Portland, which got pretty damn nice from 2000ish-2015ish but has recently been going to shit (for many of the same reasons) ... but Portland feels like switzerland compared to the bay area these days.
    70’s and 80’s were grimier. Crack, gangs, Reaganomics. They’ve cleaned up a lot of the areas that were straight hood. I don’t buy that we are way worse, or it’s more apocalyptic now.

People leave Cali because of the cost of living not because they are tripping on homeless people or shit on the sidewalks. Lol.