Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Maricopa Arizona audit

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    What if mass fraud is not found? What do you expect to be the response of Qanon/Trumpeters?
    You mean if only some fraud is found? What's the defining line between fraud and mass fraud?
    What was yours and other libs response, when you found out that Trump being a Russian asset was a lie made up by your leadership politicians and the media?

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster View Post
    You mean if only some fraud is found? What's the defining line between fraud and mass fraud?
    What was yours and other libs response, when you found out that Trump being a Russian asset was a lie made up by your leadership politicians and the media?
    No, what happens if no fraud is found? What happens if the audit uncovers nothing?

Will you unstaple that tinfoil crown from your head for a brief moment?

Depends. If they uncover 100-150 cases of fraud, will that be enough for you to say "Yup, Biden stole the election"?

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Local High School Star Code Breaker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7 View Post
    No, what happens if no fraud is found? What happens if the audit uncovers nothing?

Will you unstaple that tinfoil crown from your head for a brief moment?
    Nope he'll hop on the next conspiracy theory

Depends. If they uncover 100-150 cases of fraud, will that be enough for you to say "Yup, Biden stole the election"?
    Depends on the kind of fraud. If they e.g find 100 cases of multiple people registering to the same address in order to vote, like a PO box located in a parking lot, that's potentially thousands of illegal votes.

Per CNN, 70% of registered Republicans and 27% of independents believe the election was stolen in some kind of way, but it's not clear how they think it was stolen. Some people believe that changing state voting rules through courts and not the legislature itself counts as stealing the election.
    I'm sure you'll be able to find people in closed Qanon telegram groups and what not who'll claim the election to be stolen through use of an algorithm or whatever, even if this audit finds no evidence of it, but it'll be a very small group of people.

I think in large part, people react pretty similar when grouped. That's why I ask you about your response to finding out how Trump wasn't a Russian asset. Now even years after, you can't get yourself to write that the political leaders you voted for and the media tricked you, instead you still say things like "well we know the Russians did this or that".
    So why would you expect a different response from another group?

My personal opinion won't change, and that is that the US election process is close to that of a 3rd world country.
    In no developed country I've been to have I heard about it being possible to vote in some places without an ID.
    Dead people figuring in the voter rolls isn't a thing and neither is illegal immigrants taking part in the vote.
    Private citizens and companies injecting money into certain areas, "to get better election results" is a concept I can't come to terms with either. In other countries, funding and running an election is a neutral thing that has to be done in order to elect the new leaders and election day has nothing to do with private corporations.
    In other countries I haven't seen people being allowed to count votes, while at the same time going on Twitter with stories about how they discarded whole batches of votes for one politician.
    In other countries, I haven't heard about aggressive behavior from poll both officials towards election observers.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

How many times did that tubby highweight vote in Arizona??

Depends on the kind of fraud. If they e.g find 100 cases of multiple people registering to the same address in order to vote, like a PO box located in a parking lot, that's potentially thousands of illegal votes.

Per CNN, 70% of registered Republicans and 27% of independents believe the election was stolen in some kind of way, but it's not clear how they think it was stolen. Some people believe that changing state voting rules through courts and not the legislature itself counts as stealing the election.
    I'm sure you'll be able to find people in closed Qanon telegram groups and what not who'll claim the election to be stolen through use of an algorithm or whatever, even if this audit finds no evidence of it, but it'll be a very small group of people.

I think in large part, people react pretty similar when grouped. That's why I ask you about your response to finding out how Trump wasn't a Russian asset. Now even years after, you can't get yourself to write that the political leaders you voted for and the media tricked you, instead you still say things like "well we know the Russians did this or that".
    So why would you expect a different response from another group?

My personal opinion won't change, and that is that the US election process is close to that of a 3rd world country.
    In no developed country I've been to have I heard about it being possible to vote in some places without an ID.
    Dead people figuring in the voter rolls isn't a thing and neither is illegal immigrants taking part in the vote.
    Private citizens and companies injecting money into certain areas, "to get better election results" is a concept I can't come to terms with either. In other countries, funding and running an election is a neutral thing that has to be done in order to elect the new leaders and election day has nothing to do with private corporations.
    In other countries I haven't seen people being allowed to count votes, while at the same time going on Twitter with stories about how they discarded whole batches of votes for one politician.
    In other countries, I haven't heard about aggressive behavior from poll both officials towards election observers.
    If they find thousands of people voting illegally or involved in fraud, your argument might hold water. A few hundred is irrelevant. Remember, qanon/Trumpeters/conservatives/other Republicans claimed vast voter fraud across the country of millions and millions of votes. That should be easy to find in audits if it's that vast and that widespread.

Russia clearly wanted Trump over Hillary. We know that for a fact. We just don't know if Trump was aware of it and exact reasons. I suspect that Hillary would never serve the interests of Putin and would resist it at every corner. Trump would be able to serve their interests, knowingly or unknowingly, and be a chaos upon America. He did both. It's very much possible that Trump wasn't even aware that Putin was playing 4d chess on him, but Putin got exactly what he wanted over the 4yrs: chaos in America/NATO/un/our allies. Well, the clown is gone and we can get back on rails not serving Russian interests against our own intelligence agencies and our own interests. If you don't like it, you can go kick rocks for all I care. Better luck next time.

Local High School Star

Russia clearly wanted Trump over Hillary. We know that for a fact. We just don't know if Trump was aware of it and exact reasons. I suspect that Hillary would never serve the interests of Putin and would resist it at every corner. Trump would be able to serve their interests, knowingly or unknowingly, and be a chaos upon America. He did both. It's very much possible that Trump wasn't even aware that Putin was playing 4d chess on him, but Putin got exactly what he wanted over the 4yrs: chaos in America/NATO/un/our allies. Well, the clown is gone and we can get back on rails not serving Russian interests against our own intelligence agencies and our own interests. If you don't like it, you can go kick rocks for all I care. Better luck next time.
    Hillary is a warmonger. It's totally understandable why Russia wouldn't want her to be elected. And I could give a shit if "Russian interests" happened to benefit. The Cold War ended 30 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlayer View Post
    Hillary is a warmonger. It's totally understandable why Russia wouldn't want her to be elected. And I could give a shit if "Russian interests" happened to benefit. The Cold War ended 30 years ago.
    Cold war never ended for one Colonel Vladimir Putin of the KGB.

Local High School Star

Cold war never ended for one Colonel Vladimir Putin of the KGB.
    OK there Red Dawn

If they find thousands of people voting illegally or involved in fraud, your argument might hold water. A few hundred is irrelevant. Remember, qanon/Trumpeters/conservatives/other Republicans claimed vast voter fraud across the country of millions and millions of votes. That should be easy to find in audits if it's that vast and that widespread.

Republican politicians ended up saying there should be no extra audits or investigations. They all wanted Trump gone as well and if voter fraud happened in multiple states, then a number of Republican politicians are in on it in some kind of way.
    It's nice to see a full audit though even if only for one county, and not only some risk limiting measure where a few thousand votes are counted again over a weekend. This is going to take at least 3 weeks from start and no results will come out before it's finished.
    Could have just been a quiet thing that not many people would have known about if it wasn't for MSNBC and CNN. Who knows, maybe Maddow is just doing it for ratings because talking about Qanon gets people like you riled up, but quite a few people have spoken out about it now as well, like Cindy McCain. Them doing that because they know that something is likely to be found out isn't a half bad theory given the history of what these TV stations have reported in the past. Time will tell I suppose, but like I said, if anything is found I suspect it will be twisted as much as possible to get people to not believe it and nothing will really come of it in the end anyways as Biden was selected by the electoral college.

Russia clearly wanted Hillary, but China, Ukraine, France, England, Scotland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Finland, Canada, Mexico, just to name a few, for sure wanted Hillary.

And the conversation at the time wasn't about which countries would prefer either of the candidates, but that Trump was a Russian asset.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxPlayer View Post
    OK there Red Dawn

Good to see you duck out of here bladed. And it's funny how you can't have an opinion on private money being injected into an election, or the fact that arguing and fighting between people counting the ballots and the people there to observe is completely messed up.

Anyways, dems said no more and got their way:

After a lengthy lawsuit that saw the Democrats achieve few victories in their goal of stopping the audit of the 2020 ballots in Maricopa County, Arizona, they have reached a settlement with the firm involved in the audit and the Senate Republicans that will see the firm, Cyber Ninjas, cease verifying the signatures on early voting envelopes with the signatures on file from the voter.
    https://nationalfile.com/breaking-de...ture-matching/

Local High School Star Code Breaker's Avatar

“Dems got their way” It and was a stupid audit that was a waste of time and money