Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: “Teams are terrified of Curry” -Draymond Green

Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    That's not my logic though. My logic is that if your missing your second and third best players that that obvious a huge deal and worthy of an asterisk. Role players being injured or missing games isn't. That happens all the time.

And dray brought that shit on himself. I love his aggressiveness and attitude but he's an habitual line stepper.
    difference being, golden state's role players were high impact. and all had bigtime responsibility. iguodala can't defend lebron with a ****ing sprained back lol. and without an interior presence, lebron & co were a lot more confident at the rim.

we can disagree about draymond's personality, but he was an all-star and all-nba player. so even him missing ONE game is a big deal. again, in a series that close, all of that shit matters.

It's not as simple as saying they lost in 16 so they can't win again. Your the one playing dumb. If they had a similar talented team then yes of course they'd have a chance and could possibly win one. I'd still bet against it thougy because as usual the league adapts adjusts to how the warriors played so the advantage they had initially wouldn't be the same a few years later as teams adjust.

This isn't the case though. Again dray isn't the same. Klay isn't the same and the supporting cast isn't the same. Even if steph remains at this level for another 2-3 years his supporting cast isn't anything near what it was when they were a contender.

And that's the disconnect between emotional steph stans like your self and people who evaluate step accurately. You guys wrongly believe steph's individual impact is what made the warriors what they were but there success was always a result of what all three brought to the table. Together they're something special. Take one away and they don't stand a chance. You think steph's impact is enough to win with an ok team even though history and common sense suggests otherwise. Unless the warriors pick up another superstar better
    than steph he will never win again.
    Anybody who thinks the 16 Warriors had no chance to win a chip afterwards because they lost in a 7 game series with 1 possession isn't going to be taken seriously. This isn't to be debated because the logic itself makes no sense. We even have a perfect example against your own hero that shows that a few seasons prior. Won in 7 games, got emasculated in 5 one season later by the exact same team.

The injury situation is what it is, Warriors have both been hurt and benefited from injuries, so Warrior fans can't whine about it. You can try to minimize impact all you want, but Cavs beat an injured team in 2016.. which is fine because war of attrition is one of the major reasons teams win. It's part of the reason why someone like Lebron or MJ are so legendary, they don't break down even if they collect minutes like they're paid for it. I'm confident Lebron can come back from a major injury at 100%, while I fear that Steph lighting everyone up right now could get a season ending injury at any point with even little contact. Guy has twisting his ankle 3-4 times already in the last two weeks. Warriors were dead last season, are 1-7 this season without Steph and are a .56 team with him on. This idiotic idea that all 3 are some magic jenga or tetris game where it all works together is nonsense only because they're together. It's hilarious that 3 players having good chemistry with each other can formulate this dumb narrative. Curry is an ATG player that has ATG impact once again this season blowing everyone away despite teams defending harder than anyone else. If you put him in another team, he would do the same thing. People would move around the court, pass him the ball, set screens and watch him clown entire teams. Just like other ATG players. People are running out stupid shit to downgrade Curry, so these strawmen is what you're left with.

This is hilarious coming from a guy who stans a player that benefitted from more injuries to opposing teams during his championship runs than anyone else in the history of the game.
    I don't cry about injuries nor do I pretend that they didn't help the Warriors. I'm just not an idiot that turns the other way when the opposite happens like yourself.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24 View Post
    difference being, golden state's role players were high impact. and all had bigtime responsibility. iguodala can't defend lebron with a ****ing sprained back lol. and without an interior presence, lebron & co were a lot more confident at the rim.

we can disagree about draymond's personality, but he was an all-star and all-nba player. so even him missing ONE game is a big deal. again, in a series that close, all of that shit matters.
    I don't know man. It's the end of the year. Alot of players are injured and banged up. You'd literally have to asterisk half the nba championships in history. And i don't think bogut is any more valuable than any other role playing big on championship teams. Again if he was all that important he'd play more than 15 min a game.

As far as dray i'm big on his impact especially back then so i agree him missing a game hurt them that game. At the end of the day though they were still up 3-2 with home court advantage. It's really not a great excuse.

Good college starter

Ok fine but in each chip they won teams were also missing starters. More important ones at that. So that must mean there wins were asterisks? Or is it only an asterisk when it happens to the warriors?

Can't have it both ways.
    You're the one bringing up this notion of asterisks. You're the one trying to have it both ways.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L View Post
    Anybody who thinks the 16 Warriors had no chance to win a chip afterwards because they lost in a 7 game series with 1 possession isn't going to be taken seriously. This isn't to be debated because the logic itself makes no sense. We even have a perfect example against your own hero that shows that a few seasons prior. Won in 7 games, got emasculated in 5 one season later by the exact same team.

The injury situation is what it is, Warriors have both been hurt and benefited from injuries, so Warrior fans can't whine about it. You can try to minimize impact all you want, but Cavs beat an injured team in 2016.. which is fine because war of attrition is one of the major reasons teams win. It's part of the reason why someone like Lebron or MJ are so legendary, they don't break down even if they collect minutes like they're paid for it. I'm confident Lebron can come back from a major injury at 100%, while I fear that Steph lighting everyone up right now could get a season ending injury at any point with even little contact. Guy has twisting his ankle 3-4 times already in the last two weeks. Warriors were dead last season, are 1-7 this season without Steph and are a .56 team with him on. This idiotic idea that all 3 are some magic jenga or tetris game where it all works together is nonsense only because they're together. It's hilarious that 3 players having good chemistry with each other can formulate this dumb narrative. Curry is an ATG player that has ATG impact once again this season blowing everyone away despite teams defending harder than anyone else. If you put him in another team, he would do the same thing. People would move around the court, pass him the ball, set screens and watch him clown entire teams. Just like other ATG players. People are running out stupid shit to downgrade Curry, so these strawmen is what you're left with.
    Right but not all wars of attrition are equal. Theres a huge difference between missing your 2nd and third best players for the entire series to missing your 6th best player for a couple games and your 3rd best player for 1 game. The 2 aren't comparable

And his own teammates, gm and owner didn't think they'd win after 16. That's why they went out and got kd. Shit after witnessing steph get emasculated by bron all series dray didn't even wait a day to hit up kd to come help them.

And i'm not downgrading curry. I have him ranked somewhere between 15-20 which is right where he should be.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Today, 03:53 PM
    Bronbron23
    NBA rookie of the year
    This message is hidden because Bronbron23 is on your ignore list.
    View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

Good college starter

Right but not all wars of attrition are equal. Theres a huge difference between missing your 2nd and third best players for the entire series to missing your 6th best player for a couple games and your 3rd best player for 1 game. The 2 aren't comparable

And his own teammates, gm and owner didn't think they'd win after 16. That's why they went out and got kd. Shit after witnessing steph get emasculated by bron all series dray didn't even wait a day to hit up kd to come help them.

And i'm not downgrading curry. I have him ranked somewhere between 15-20 which is right where he should be.
    There's a huge difference between going through a Western Conference where you have to beat two MVP level players playing simultaneously that just defeated a 67-win team in a series and strolling to the finals with a B team that can still sweep the opponents in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Curry emasculated the inferior player so badly the inferior player had to get his coach fired and had to appeal to the league to intervene to win anything. It's pretty dumbfounding how crazy the stories that are told are.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Stephonit View Post
    You're the one bringing up this notion of asterisks. You're the one trying to have it both ways.
    I'm sorry dude not having your 2nd and 3rd best players for an entire series is a disaster. Not having your 3rd best player for a game and your 6th best player for a couple games isn't ideal but it's manageable especially if your best player is as impactul as you claim. I know i wouldn't worry if lebron lost his 3rd best player for a game and his 6th best player for a couple. I'd still expect him to win and it definitely wouldn't be a great excuse if he didn't.

Good college starter

I'm sorry dude not having your 2nd and 3rd best players for an entire series is a disaster. Not having your 3rd best player for a game and your 6th best player for a couple games isn't ideal but it's manageable especially if your best player is as impactul as you claim. I know i wouldn't worry if lebron lost his 3rd best player for a game and his 6th best player for a couple. I'd still expect him to win and it definitely wouldn't be a great excuse if he didn't.
    It was such a disaster that the Cavaliers swept their Eastern Conference Finals series with virtually the same lineup the Warriors faced in the Finals.

3-time NBA All-Star

There's a huge difference between going through a Western Conference where you have to beat two MVP level players playing simultaneously that just defeated a 67-win team in a series and strolling to the finals with a B team that can still sweep the opponents in the Eastern Conference Finals.

Curry emasculated the inferior player so badly the inferior player had to get his coach fired and had to appeal to the league to intervene to win anything. It's pretty dumbfounding how crazy the stories that are told are.
    Ummmm i'm pretty sure iggy was the one that gaurded bron and held him to his worst finals shooting in his career. Pretty sure the experts rewarded him with the fmvp for it also. So i'm assuming you meant iggy emasculated bron for which i disagree but at least it's little more accurate.

As far as the cavs and warriors path that year your argument is a very weak one. Yeah warriors beat a great okc team that beat a 60 plus win spurs team but lebron and cavs beat a 73 win team.

3-time NBA All-Star

It was such a disaster that the Cavaliers swept their Eastern Conference Finals series with virtually the same lineup the Warriors faced in the Finals.
    It was the hawks though. Who was there best player again? Not even being funny. I really don't know.

You do realize that they did so without kevin love, right?

I never said that. I said both teams were affected with injuries, of course the 2015 scenario is worse.

Your KD example is also hilarious because I know at least on two occasions people have mentioned to you that Dray tried to recruit KD while they were running a train on the league before the 2016 PS even started. And yet despite people telling you this, you still play dumb pretending that you didn't know this.

College superstar

I don't know man. It's the end of the year. Alot of players are injured and banged up. You'd literally have to asterisk half the nba championships in history. And i don't think bogut is any more valuable than any other role playing big on championship teams. Again if he was all that important he'd play more than 15 min a game.

As far as dray i'm big on his impact especially back then so i agree him missing a game hurt them that game. At the end of the day though they were still up 3-2 with home court advantage. It's really not a great excuse.
    not saying injuries don't happen. what i am saying is they happened to key guys from golden state. even though i don't think iguodala should have been finals mvp, he was still their best defender. bogut? why should i care that he "only" played 15 minutes? the data still says he had great impact. so every minute was quality. then there's dray but you know what's up.

my thing is, for a series that tight, golden state needed all the help they could get. again we know the preseason odds - the dubs simply overachieved by winning 73. the big 3 out in cleveland were better though. and i'm not going to put an "asterisk" next to anyone. that's all you. thing is you're not consistent putting one next to 15 & not 16. stars or not, impact is impact & those players i mentioned carried a lot of it.