Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 499
  1. #31
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    43,941

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    Jimmy Butler should not even be mentioned in the same sentence as Clyde Drexler. Jimmy is not a first ballot Hall of famer, and has zero chips, Phi Slamma Jama. Some of you guys are straight talking alternative facts!
    Oh and Drexler has "chips" ? Jimmy wouldnt be able to ride Hakeem's coattails? **** outta here simpleton dumbass

  2. #32
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    43,941

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?





  3. #33
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,204

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    How was MJ's defense in his 9th finals in 10yrs? Or KD's in his 7th and 8th consecutive Finals?

    Iggy and Kawhi's was due to defense. Highly doubt MJ takes 2 games from PHX if he was missing Pip and Grant for the entire series.
    Mj definitely could of. What did bron do that was so amazing that series? He let his direct competition score 10 more points a game than he usually does. He also let his direct competition effect his efficiency by almost 10% which is pretty significant. Bron had alot of reb and assists which helped but literally anybody can score 35 points on 35 shots and anyone can hold their defensive assistant to 10 points above avg.

    If bron shoots around 50% that series they probably win but he was forced to be a volume shooter which bron admitted wasn't his cup of tea. On the other hand Volume scoring is right up mj's alley. There's a great possibility mj shoots around 50% in that series. Iggy basically gave bron the mid which more often than not bron wanted no part of. In Brons defense he has improved alot in that area so don't think you could do that now.

  4. #34
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,204

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post



    So another small foward playing way above his ability against lebron is an argument for lebron how exactly

  5. #35
    SexLand Uncle Drew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    The Land of 1 Championship
    Posts
    12,145

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Drexler was just a product of his time. He'd be a bench warmer in today's league. 6th man tops.

  6. #36
    NBA Legend Hey Yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    Mj definitely could of. What did bron do that was so amazing that series? He let his direct competition score 10 more points a game than he usually does. He also let his direct competition effect his efficiency by almost 10% which is pretty significant. Bron had alot of reb and assists which helped but literally anybody can score 35 points on 35 shots and anyone can hold their defensive assistant to 10 points above avg.

    If bron shoots around 50% that series they probably win but he was forced to be a volume shooter which bron admitted wasn't his cup of tea. On the other hand Volume scoring is right up mj's alley. There's a great possibility mj shoots around 50% in that series. Iggy basically gave bron the mid which more often than not bron wanted no part of. In Brons defense he has improved alot in that area so don't think you could do that now.
    MJ was basically spent in the PHX series. If he was expected to carry the scoring, rebounding and the defense like James was expected to do.... no chance he takes 2gms. Especially if he was playing in his 5th consecutive. MJ needed to walk away without even trying to go for 4 in row.... twice. So to critique Lebron's defense after his 3rd consecutive Finals is pretty dumb, considering MJ didnt even try. Plus we both know we'll never know what KD's defense will look like in his 7th and 8th consecutive Finals appearance.
    Last edited by Hey Yo; 05-14-2021 at 04:31 PM.

  7. #37
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    43,941

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    So another small foward playing way above his ability against lebron is an argument for lebron how exactly

    Are you trolling or retarded?

  8. #38
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,204

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    MJ was basically spent in the PHX series. If he was expected to carry the scoring, rebounding and the defense like James was expected to do.... no chance he takes 2gms. Especially if he was playing in his 5th consecutive. MJ needed to walk away without even trying to go for 4 in row.... twice. So to critique Lebron's defense after his 3rd consecutive Finals is pretty dumb, considering MJ didnt even try. Plus we both know we'll never know what KD's defense will look like in his 7th and 8th consecutive Finals appearance.
    It's not a critique of his defense it just is what it is. Opposing fowards feast against lebron and his teams in the finals. Even ones that shouldn't. Those are just facts you can take from it what you want.

    As far as mj who knows. It's all hypothetical. All we know is what we know and what we know is Opposing fowards play out of their mind against lebron.

  9. #39
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,204

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Are you trolling or retarded?
    It's just a question little buddy you don't have to get butt hurt just because it's hard to answer.

    Butler had the series of his life and one of the best finals ever in the history of the game. This is a guy who been a borderline all star his whole career. A guy who up until recently nobody wanted. He's a small foward. Lebron is a small foward.

    It's a legit question and one we all know you would ask if it was mj.

    It's ok though little buddy. Don't want to you hurt your little brain trying to figure this one out.

  10. #40
    NBA Legend Hey Yo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    16,288

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bronbron23 View Post
    It's not a critique of his defense it just is what it is. Opposing fowards feast against lebron and his teams in the finals. Even ones that shouldn't. Those are just facts you can take from it what you want.

    As far as mj who knows. It's all hypothetical. All we know is what we know and what we know is Opposing fowards play out of their mind against lebron.
    Not critiquing his defense??? Then what the hell you call it?

    You're expecting him to carry loads that MJ was never asked to do. Like I said, if you want to call him out from 11-13 that's fine. But to bring up his defense in his 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th consecutive Finals is just asinine considering your boy wouldn't even try for 4 consecutive appearances.

  11. #41
    National High School Star 2much_knowledge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    BranStan Slayer Extraordinaire
    Posts
    2,411

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    You put prime drexler with Embid/Simmons and he sure as hell making it to the finals tho...

  12. #42
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,290

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    How was MJ's defense in his 9th finals in 10yrs? Or KD's in his 7th and 8th consecutive Finals?

    Iggy and Kawhi's was due to defense. Highly doubt MJ takes 2 games from PHX if he was missing Pip and Grant for the entire series.

    Roasted his ass

  13. #43
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,290

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Jimmy Butler is a better player due to better efficiency, better ball handling, and much better defensive player as Clyde never even made an all defensive team. Also Butler just seems like the way tougher player. I don't see Drexler turning a Karl Anthony Towns team into a top 9 defense, twolves held teams to a 107.8 offense when Butler was on the court which is still a top 9 defense and that's a miracle with ***** KAT defending the pick and roll.

    37-22 record for Butler when he played on the twolves in 2017\18, that's a miracle on a KAT Twolves dumpster team. Top 9 defense with him on court and still ended bottom 3.

    best player on the 2019 76ers who pushed raptors further then anybody else

    2020 best player on finals team

    2021 probably his best regular season yet

    I don't think Drexler ever had that good of a 4 year stretch.
    +1

  14. #44
    5-time NBA All-Star
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    11,204

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hey Yo View Post
    Not critiquing his defense??? Then what the hell you call it?

    You're expecting him to carry loads that MJ was never asked to do. Like I said, if you want to call him out from 11-13 that's fine. But to bring up his defense in his 4th, 5th, 7th and 8th consecutive Finals is just asinine considering your boy wouldn't even try for 4 consecutive appearances.
    I call it the truth and facts. It's not my problem you have an issue with facts.

    As far mj dude just came off a theepeat and hus pops just died and he went and played baseball in memory of his pops.

    And when you go out on top it's retiring. It's only quitting when you go out a loser. You as a bron fan should know that though. Bron has done it 3 times already

  15. #45
    We Stay Winning Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    7,290

    Default Re: Clyde Drexler or Jimmy Butler?

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew View Post
    Drexler was just a product of his time. He'd be a bench warmer in today's league. 6th man tops.
    100%

    90s Drexler would be Malik Beasley in the modern era.

    Shit I might even take Khris Middleton over Drexler to be honest

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •