Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: 2021 Eastern Conference Round 1: (4) New York Knicks vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    Hawks are not a fun team to watch because Trae is a blatant flopper. Knicks have the defense to lock him up though, so let's do this
    Did Trae take your girlfriend Steph, Dame, Harden all do the same thing.
    Is this the same D that locked up the Celtics 3rd stringers on Sunday? Did

Decent college freshman

Default Re: 2021 Eastern Conference Round 1: (4) New York Knicks vs. (5) Atlanta Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Real14 View Post
    Don't sleep on us, especially with our high rated defense that will definitely pick up in the playoffs. Randle, Rose, Barrett, Quickley, Burks and company is too much for y'all.

I think Atl is the team people are sleeping on.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Should be a close series. Hawks SHOULD win it on paper, but the Knicks have matched up well against them (3 - 0 in the RS) and they have the best defense in the league, with an experienced vet in Rose, who I trust more in crunch time than anyone on the Hawks tbh. Thibs is also the better coach. Nate McMillan doesn't have a great track record in the POs, hasn't made it out of the 2nd round and has been swept 3 out of the last runs. Hasn't won a Playoff series in 16 years.
    Except for the FACT that they don't. You're pathological, aren't you?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Hideously weak path though.

Even good names either rested or fell apart with injuries.

They got destroyed by 20+ by the Sixers both times (once by 40+).
    It's the same ridiculously easy path that LeKong has benefited from for the majority of his career and now it's a problem eh?

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by jayfan View Post
    I think Atl is the team people are sleeping on.

Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

When was the last time two non-playoff teams from the previous season met in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by insight View Post
    Did Trae take your girlfriend Steph, Dame, Harden all do the same thing.
    Is this the same D that locked up the Celtics 3rd stringers on Sunday? Did
    Please, those other 3 are skilled and can score in a million ways. Trae is unwatchable at this point. I was actually rooting for Trae when he was drafted, was hoping he would be better than Luka. But nope. I've already watched too many games where Trae has taken over the game via foul drawing flopping techniques. It's just not respectable anymore, even Harden gave up on it for the most part. Trae has crazy numbers, but didn't make the all-star game. Pretty sure it has a lot to do with his flopping techniques.

I hope my boy Frank locks his azz up.

Local High School Star

Please, those other 3 are skilled and can score in a million ways. Trae is unwatchable at this point. I was actually rooting for Trae when he was drafted, was hoping he would be better than Luka. But nope. I've already watched too many games where Trae has taken over the game via foul drawing flopping techniques. It's just not respectable anymore, even Harden gave up on it for the most part. Trae has crazy numbers, but didn't make the all-star game. Pretty sure it has a lot to do with his flopping techniques.

Frank will get served just like the rest of them boyz. When is the last time he was in the Knicks regular rotation.
    Trae is one of the most skilled players in the league.
    2nd in the league in assist for 2 straight years, 2nd most points in the paint of any guard but he can't score in multiple ways. If he was on the Knicks scoring 25 pg, he would be called the next Walt Frazier or Mark Jackson.

Funny how the goal post always moves when you are talking about Trae Young.
    First it was he is too small, then it was he was the worse defender in the league, then it's he doesn't lead his team to wins, now it's he's just flopping and drawing fouls.

If you don't like the dude cool, but stop pretending he is not elite, people were hating on Steph, Dame and Harden the same a few years ago, now you are giving them props and hating on Trae for playing a similar style.

NBA Superstar

He's been a different player the last couple months. Namely, since the AS break the FT attempts have been at 7 a game. It was 10 before.

I don't see the Hawks as favorites in this series. They have no answer for Randle.

McMillan has him playing much differently. He's getting more penetration and setting up others, less chucking and flopping.

College superstar

Is it possible for the knicks to repeat their 1999 success, beat the Nets and reach the finals?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987 View Post
    Except for the FACT that they don't. You're pathological, aren't you?
    They do with Thibs at the helm. They slid a little in DRTG at the end of the season, but I don't think there's a better overall defense in the league. They're #1 in opponent FG and 3PT%, #1 in points allowed because of their ability to slow down the pace and are top 3 in DRTG, and they did it consistently all year, even against the best offenses in the league.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el View Post
    I don't see the Hawks as favorites in this series. They have no answer for Randle.
    The Hawks had the 3rd most injuries of any team in the league, only Orlando and Houston players out more than the Hawks. The Knicks and Hawks record is tied even though NY has been one of the healthiest teams all year. Randle is a problem, but the Hawks have more offensive weapons and one of the best distributors to get them the ball. Randle has been a one year wonder, but if you check the stats, Trae Young averages more points than Randal and has been that guys since he came in the league.

Last edited by insight; 05-21-2021 at 02:56 PM.

Decent college freshman

Hawks will and should sweep. Knicks had trouble beating the Celtics dleague bench the other night