Page 2 of 189 FirstFirst 123451252102 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 2826
  1. #16
    Good High School Starter kabacho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    888

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Whos guarding Devin Booker?

  2. #17
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    9,838

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by kabacho View Post
    Whos guarding Devin Booker?
    This is why Caruso needs to start.

  3. #18
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,022

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by kabacho View Post
    Whos guarding Devin Booker?
    Caruso could easily take him. Whose guarding Anthony Davis?

  4. #19
    College superstar OmniStrife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    4,596

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    It's either Suns in 6 or refs in 6.

  5. #20
    College star dankok8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3,815

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    I predicted a sweep initially but I see the Suns winning one game. Lakers in 5. The Lakers are not only a much better team but they match up so well. Suns just lack the size to deal with AD and Drummond could actually look really good in this series.

  6. #21
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    34,022

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    I predicted a sweep initially but I see the Suns winning one game. Lakers in 5. The Lakers are not only a much better team but they match up so well. Suns just lack the size to deal with AD and Drummond could actually look really good in this series.
    Chris Paul will iso mismatch Drummond out of the series.

  7. #22
    Local High School Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Posts
    1,488

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by kabacho View Post
    Whos guarding Devin Booker?
    Who is Devin Booker guarding? This could get ugly fast lol

  8. #23
    NBA lottery pick rawimpact's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,289

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Suns in 6

    G1 - Suns Win
    G2 - Lakers
    G3 - Suns
    G4 - Lakers
    G5 - Suns
    G6 - Suns

  9. #24
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Bron never lost in the first round and it's not gonna happen in year 18.
    Tough luck for the Suns.

  10. #25
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,497

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    This will be easier than 2006 for Phoenix.


    Steve Naah vs Kobe back then

    Chris Paul vs Lebron today

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r7L...rofHillpeople3

  11. #26
    NBA lottery pick
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    5,497

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Pipes2.0 View Post
    Bron never lost in the first round and it's not gonna happen in year 18.
    Tough luck for the Suns.
    This is the West, not the East.

  12. #27
    Decent playground baller
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    368

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    G1 - Suns
    G2 - Lakers
    G3 - Lakers
    G4 - Lakers
    G5 - Lakers or Suns
    G6 - Lakers


    Lakers in 5 or 6.

  13. #28
    XXL Im Still Ballin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,222

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Drummond got like 8 or 9 offensive rebounds when they played -- and beat -- phoenix.

    Will that matchup work again? Not sure.

    If it doesn't, the Lakers absolutely MUST make adjustments fast. I'd personally:

    - Start Marc Gasol
    - Move Schroder to the bench
    - Start either Caruso, Matthews, or McLemore

    Doing these three things will maximize spacing and shooting for LBJ and AD. The bench will get a boost as well from Schroder.

    The only other question would be if you completely cut Drummond out of the rotation? Do you play Montrezl over him? Or does Drummond play over Montrezl? Or should you cut both of them out, play Marc 25 MPG, and have AD play the center for significant minutes?

    AD played 60% of his minutes at center in the playoffs last year. Considering he played 36.6 MPG, that's roughly 22 minutes per game at center. If Marc played 25 MPG, it'd work out perfectly.

    Anyways -- we'll see what happens.

  14. #29
    XXL Im Still Ballin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    21,222

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    My prediction:

    Lakers in 6.

    They split the first two games, steal homecourt, win both home games, lose game 5, close it out game 6 at home.

  15. #30
    The Renaissance man bladefd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Galaxy Far Far Away
    Posts
    13,588

    Default Re: Western Conference Round 1: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (7) Los Angeles Lakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Drummond got like 8 or 9 offensive rebounds when they played -- and beat -- phoenix.

    Will that matchup work again? Not sure.

    If it doesn't, the Lakers absolutely MUST make adjustments fast. I'd personally:

    - Start Marc Gasol
    - Move Schroder to the bench
    - Start either Caruso, Matthews, or McLemore

    Doing these three things will maximize spacing and shooting for LBJ and AD. The bench will get a boost as well from Schroder.

    The only other question would be if you completely cut Drummond out of the rotation? Do you play Montrezl over him? Or does Drummond play over Montrezl? Or should you cut both of them out, play Marc 25 MPG, and have AD play the center for significant minutes?

    AD played 60% of his minutes at center in the playoffs last year. Considering he played 36.6 MPG, that's roughly 22 minutes per game at center. If Marc played 25 MPG, it'd work out perfectly.

    Anyways -- we'll see what happens.
    Probably don't want to move Schroeder to the bench without risking him putting on a temper tantrum. We don't need that right now. Just keep starting him but slash his minutes down to 20mpg and call it a day.

    Drummond I think would be okay with moving to the bench. I would definitely start Gasol then Drummond or Harrell can play whenever AD sits. I would give Gasol 20mpg at C, AD 15mpg at C. Switch between Drummond/Harrell for the remaining minutes depending on what the situation calls for. Ultimately, Harrell might be the odd man out due to size limitation and not being a good defender. Drummond is at least an elite rebounder and has the size/length to fill up the paint when he plays the 5.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •