Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Why are people dissing Kawhi?

Exactly. If LeBron was doing this, everybody would be calling him the GOAT and saying how terrible his teammates were.

Tim Hardaway is on his contract year and playing like Stephen Curry, things will hopefully slow down for him. The whole team is shooting like curry actually. I think it has to do with lue poor defensive coaching, no real home court advantage as arena is like half full and revenge from Mavs.

2021 clippers are basically the 2018 cavs but if you threw them out in the wild wild west instead of playing victor olidapo. Both kawhi and LeBron have George/love and then a bunch of scrubs on the rest of the roster.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Exactly. If LeBron was doing this, everybody would be calling him the GOAT and saying how terrible his teammates were.

Tim Hardaway is on his contract year and playing like Stephen Curry, things will hopefully slow down for him. The whole team is shooting like curry actually. I think it has to do with lue poor defensive coaching, no real home court advantage as arena is like half full and revenge from Mavs.

2021 clippers are basically the 2018 cavs but if you threw them out in the wild wild west instead of playing victor olidapo. Both kawhi and LeBron have George/love and then a bunch of scrubs on the rest of the roster.

Not sure if trolling or just low IQ but I'll take a swing.

• Kawhi's #2 option was 3rd in MVP voting in 2019 (strong teammate)
    •Kawhi also has Patrick Beverly and Serge Ibaka and the better Morris bro
    • Kawhi said L.A. was "his city now" and then choked a 3-1 lead to a 7'1 Brian Windhorst
    • Kawhi has now lost 5 straight games as a favorite. As. A. Favorite.

Capiché?

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    There really hasn't been alot of anti Kawhi threads since last nights game, the only valid criticism you can pin on him is his lack of leadership skills as evident as how lazy the Clippers defense was at times last night. You saw LeBron get in KCP's face when he passed on an open 3, you constanly see him communicating on the court, something Kawhi lacks.

Nonetheless, Kawhi balled out last night, but the Clippers are in serious need of a leader.
    He had 30 in the first half, but was nowhere to be found in crunch time.

He deserves to be criticized. A 22 y.o is outplaying prime Kawhi Leonard for the 2nd straight year in their H2H match-up. Yes, the Mavs' role players are shooting like it's 2011, but it doesn't excuse Kawhi's 2nd half play in these 2 games.

4/12, 9 pts & team-worst -10 in the 2nd half of Game 1, 1 point on 0/5 FG in the 4th
    4/7, 11 pts & a -7 in the 2nd half of Game 2, 6 points on 2/3 FG in the 4th

6 points in the 4th in a game like that is just inexcusable, he should be getting more than 7 shots in the 2nd half after going off for 30 in the first. I'm tired of seeing Paul George as the #1 option in the 4th quarter. He had twice as many shots as Kawhi last night in the 4th, he had 3 more shots than Kawhi in the 4th of Game 1. Really?

Hardaway has been hitting 3s in bunches his entire time in Dallas. This is not contract year magic. Last year he shot 39.8% and this year he shot 38.1%.

The whole team is shooting like curry actually. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

Would you feel better if I lied to you?

Beverly isn't a starter on any other contender

Morris has been on like 7 teams in 8 years

Zubac isn't a starter on any contender

Kevin love's 2014 season is just as good as any Paul George season

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm View Post
    Hardaway has been hitting 3s in bunches his entire time in Dallas. This is not contract year magic. Last year he shot 39.8% and this year he shot 38.1%.

The whole team is shooting like curry actually. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.
    Hardaway is at 25PPG on 80% TS

Yeah he has been doing that his entire career hahahaha

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm View Post
    He can play better defense. He can be better w/his rotations and better on his man.

Also, the Mavs are not hitting 70% of their 3s. So stop that hyperbolic nonsense now. They are 35/70 for 50%. 61 of those 3s the Mavs have taken were open or wide open according to analytics and the Mavs have hit 49% of them. This isn't the Mavs going crazy from 3. They are just knocking down open shots. Luka is destroying the Clippers defense so badly that they can't defend the perimeter b/c he is constantly sucking a second defender away as they try to keep him out of the paint.

Again, the Mavs have several guys who hit a good percentage from 3. KP - 37%, Hardaway - 39%, Finney-Smith - 39%, Brunson - 40%, Kleber - 41%. If you leave those dudes open they are going to drill those shots more often than not. If the Clippers can't stop Luka from getting the matchup he wants off a switch they have no chance of stopping the Mavs from hitting a high 3 point percentage.

Yes, most of their 3s have been open. Luka and Hardaway (to a much lesser degree) are really the only two who ever take 3s when defended. Will they hit at that rate for a full playoff run? Probably not. But other teams also defend the Mavs better than the Clippers. This isn't a fluke. Dallas killed it from 3 against the Clippers in the regular season too. The Mavs just happen to match up really well with the Clippers.
    The oladipo pacers are a clown show compare to Luka and this mavs squad. Shit.. Mav's right here are better than rookie Tatum celtics too. Don't cover your face boy.
    Last edited by tpols; 05-26-2021 at 03:12 PM.

Would you feel better if I lied to you?

Beverly isn't a starter on any other contender

Morris has been on like 7 teams in 8 years

Zubac isn't a starter on any contender

Kevin love's 2014 season is just as good as any Paul George season
    PG13 was third in MVP voting in 2019
    Rondo was the Lakers 3rd best player during the championship run last year
    Morris just got a huge contract
    Ibaka who you callled "this missing piece"

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...ka-to-Clippers

And I forgot Vegas had the Clippers has huge favorites to beat the Mavericks before the series started. "They are the 2018 Cavs though".

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    The oladipo pavers are a clown show compare to Luka and this mavs squad. He'll... Mav's right here are better than rookie Tatum celtics too. Don't cover your face boy.
    Yea, the Mavs who finished the season with a 42-30 record with the #20th ranked defense is all of a sudden miles better than any team LeBron beat in 2018. The only thing that is a clown show here is you.

Jokic Stan

Luka and Kawhi are both balling at incredible levels.

The truth is the MAVS are up two-zero because their role players are shooting lights out from three and the Clippers role players aren't.

Basketball isn't tennis. The stans need to get off their mental illness and realize basketball is a team sport.

Yea, the Mavs who finished the season with a 42-30 record with the #20th ranked defense is all of a sudden miles better than any team LeBron beat in 2018. The only thing that is a clown show here is you.

You're dumber than I thought if you think the 2018 pacers are on the same level as the current mavs. Or Derozan Raptors. Or rookie Tatum celtics. Prime Tatum is getting shit on right now. Carry on boy.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post

You're dumber than I thought if you think the 2018 pacers are on the same level as the current mavs. Carry on boy.
    Ah, the old "I don't know how to counter argue this so I'm gonna call you dumb and call it a day". That's right boy, shut up and walk away.

There no need to counter dude. This mavs team is easily better than oladipo pacers, Derozan Raptors or rookie Tatum celtics. Prime Tatum is getting eviscerated right now, and Derozan leads a 10 seed out west. Oladipo... ... need I say more?

Just stop being stupid and admit Luka is a player totally above their level and the Mav's are a far more threatening team. Stop living in a dumbass fantasy world.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    The anti Kawhi and MJ sentiments on this board are IMO, a response to maniac stanning from HBK_Klit and 3ball. I actually like Kawhi but you end up arguing against him because you got that obsessive dumbass saying Kawhis GOAT.
    bingo