Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why are people dissing Kawhi?

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Exactly. If LeBron was doing this, everybody would be calling him the GOAT and saying how terrible his teammates were.

Tim Hardaway is on his contract year and playing like Stephen Curry, things will hopefully slow down for him. The whole team is shooting like curry actually. I think it has to do with lue poor defensive coaching, no real home court advantage as arena is like half full and revenge from Mavs.

2021 clippers are basically the 2018 cavs but if you threw them out in the wild wild west instead of playing victor olidapo. Both kawhi and LeBron have George/love and then a bunch of scrubs on the rest of the roster.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    There no need to counter dude. This mavs team is easily better than oladipo pacers, Derozan Raptors or rookie Tatum celtics. Prime Tatum is getting eviscerated right now, and Derozan leads a 10 seed out west. Oladipo... ... need I say more?

Just stop being stupid and admit Luka is a player totally above their level and the Mav's are a far more threatening team. Stop living in a dumbass fantasy world.
    2018 Pacers - 48-34. #13 defense
    2021 Mavs - 42-30. #20 defense

But somehow, the Pacers are a "clown show" compared to this Mavs team. Sorry bud, but you made yourself look dumb with that comment. The sad part is, LeBron beat the Pacers with no help whatsoever, meanwhile Kawhi is down 0-2 to the Mavs despite having talented teammates on his side.

There no need to counter dude. This mavs team is easily better than oladipo pacers, Derozan Raptors or rookie Tatum celtics. Prime Tatum is getting eviscerated right now, and Derozan leads a 10 seed out west. Oladipo... ... need I say more?

Just stop being stupid and admit Luka is a player totally above their level and the Mav's are a far more threatening team. Stop living in a dumbass fantasy world.

So you agree and/or are open to the notion that the NBA / era can determine records within any given year, and a 42-win team from one year (2021, 46 in a full season) could be better than a 50+ win team from another (2018)....

Yet, you also try to praise Kobe with the "incredible West" from 2008-2010, "8 50+ win teams!" when that conference sucked, and most of those 50-win teams were worse than the current Mavs also.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

There's nobody on this forum that would consider those pacers better than the current Mavs. Theres no point in you even trying to save face. Total joke.

There's nobody on this forum that would consider those pacers better than the current Mavs. Theres no point in you even trying to save face. Total joke.
    Again, no valid counter argument, I came with facts and you came with "you're dumb" "nobody believes it".

Sorry bud, I win, you lose. Hold this L.

Youre gonna wear that badge for a while boy.

Oladipo pacers better than current Luka mavs.

Youre going to wear it with pride.

There, there little man, everything is gonna be alright.

Quote Originally Posted by HBK_Kliq_2 View Post
    Hardaway is at 25PPG on 80% TS

Yeah he has been doing that his entire career hahahaha
    I didn't say his entire career. I said he's been hitting 3's in bunches his entire time in Dallas which is true. He's had plenty of games against other teams like he's having against the Clippers right now. If you leave him open from 3 he's going to hit more often than not. This isn't rocket science.

Yeah, that's a horrible ass take lmao. Who's taking Oladipo, Bogdanovic and Young over Luka, KP and THJ . Mavs won 42 games after coming off a shortened off-season with 2 of their starters missing 20+ games each. That 2018 Pacers squad is weak as **** in comparison. Oladipo as their best player, really? Sabonis wasn't even remotely close to where he is now, he was a bench player.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Yeah, that's a horrible ass take lmao. Who's taking Oladipo, Bogdanovic and Young over Luka, KP and THJ . Mavs won 42 games after coming off a shortened off-season with 2 of their starters missing 20+ games each. That 2018 Pacers squad is weak as **** in comparison. Oladipo as their best player, really? Sabonis wasn't even remotely close to where he is now, he was a bench player.
    You gon'd disrespect 2018 Dipo like that?

I'm pretty sure in 2018 you and tpols were saying shit like "and Westbrook couldnt win with this stud smh"..

you guys flip flop on everything.

Pathetic really.

Yea, because we all know big name players are whats important, lets not factor in chemistry or defense. The funny thing is, that wasn't even the original discussion. HBK_Kliq_2 basically called the 2018 Cavs the 2021 Clippers, and look at how you LeBron haters completely ignore that statement.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    You gon'd disrespect 2018 Dipo like that?

I'm pretty sure in 2018 you and tpols were saying shit like "and Westbrook couldnt win with this stud smh"..

you guys flip flop on everything.

Pathetic really.
    Agreed.

Even AW knows the Mavs would WIPE that pacer team. I just wish we had a betting service on here and could have the matchups happen.

These clowns would ghost. Would love to see them put even money on that matchup.

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Yea, because we all know big name players are whats important, lets not factor in chemistry or defense. The funny thing is, that wasn't even the original discussion. HBK_Kliq_2 basically called the 2018 Cavs the 2021 Clippers, and look at how you LeBron haters completely ignore that statement.
    That's not a huge stretch though. I'd take 2018 Lebron over Luka but Luka has more help offensively and Carlisle is a better coach than Lue. Pacers had a relatively deep roster and were balanced in their scoring and were good enough to beat the Cavs, but they lost because the Cavs had one of the best players in the league while Oladipo wasn't even top 10. You need to have at least one superstar-level player to win in the Playoffs, especially in this era. Luka elevates his team far more than Oladipo ever could, and that matters a lot in the Playoffs.

Even AW knows the Mavs would WIPE that pacer team. I just wish we had a betting service on here and could have the matchups happen.

These clowns would ghost. Would love to see them put even money on that matchup.
    Yeah, it's just ridiculous to me that anyone would pick a Victor Oladipo-led team over Luka's, especially when Luka has the better #2 and #3 option as well and better shooters. Pacers could defend, but they wouldn't be able to do anything with Doncic, the same way they couldn't stop Lebron in any of those games. If Luka's 32/10/9 on 50%FG against the Clippers' defense in 8 Playoff games, what chance would the Pacers have?
    Last edited by ImKobe; 05-26-2021 at 03:58 PM.

NBA Superstar

That's not a huge stretch though. I'd take 2018 Lebron over Luka but Luka has more help offensively and Carlisle is a better coach than Lue. Pacers had a relatively deep roster and were balanced in their scoring and were good enough to beat the Cavs, but they lost because the Cavs had one of the best players in the league while Oladipo wasn't even top 10. You need to have at least one superstar-level player to win in the Playoffs, especially in this era. Luka elevates his team far more than Oladipo ever could, and that matters a lot in the Playoffs.