Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Default Re: Switch Pro details leak

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh View Post
    Very underwhelming...

Am I missing something or is this just the original switch with a slightly bigger screen and better contrast

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Very underwhelming...

Am I missing something or is this just the original switch with a slightly bigger screen and better contrast
    Rumors just oversold it.

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Very underwhelming...

That's precisely what it is. Add another $50 and you got yourself a PS5 digital( caveat being finding one of course lol). I'll hold onto my OG Switch and wait for their actual next gen system.

Nvidia OREN/ORIN T234 & T239 … Drake NVN2.

= Ray Tracing & DLSS scaling to 4K when docked.

Will be able to port most of the huge AAA games to it.

Will run all the current stuff much smoother at higher frame rates.

Depending on when Nintendo runs out of their stock of the discontinued Tegra chips they use in the OLED…
    Will dictate if this is debut’ing this coming November or spring 2023z

Anyone else have any other details besides these ?

I was hoping Switch 2 would feature a flagship model utilizing a stronger magnesium-alloy unibody which also dissipated heat rapidly. But no confirmation of anything like that even being considered by Nintendo.

The switch pro would have been amazing if it's able to run current hd games like gta v, saints row reboot, soul calibur vi, cyberpunk, metal gear solid and the likes. Even classic games such as bully too but sadly it doesn't. So i don't think there's any compelling reason to buy one if you already have the original switch.

Anyway, good news for those who are fond of playing those games outside of pc and traditional consoles tho, steam is releasing a similar handheld console called the steam deck. Aside from the above it could also play many already familiar online games including moba genre like dota 2 and league of legends, fps like csgo but sadly valorant and pubg not yet. Hopefully somewhere in the future.

Best buy the version with highest internal memory available (512gb) because for sure, resources of those games which include dlcs and the updates eat lots of space over time as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    The switch pro would have been amazing if it's able to run current hd games like gta v, saints row reboot, soul calibur vi, cyberpunk, metal gear solid and the likes. Even classic games such as bully too but sadly it doesn't. So i don't think there's any compelling reason to buy one if you already have the original switch.

Anyway, good news for those who are fond of playing those games outside of pc and traditional consoles tho, steam is releasing a similar handheld console called the steam deck. Aside from the above it could also play many already familiar online games including moba genre like dota 2 and league of legends, fps like csgo but sadly valorant and pubg not yet. Hopefully somewhere in the future.

Best buy the version with highest internal memory available (512gb) because for sure, resources of those games which include dlcs and the updates eat lots of space over time as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by BarberSchool View Post
    Nvidia OREN/ORIN T234 & T239 … Drake NVN2.

= Ray Tracing & DLSS scaling to 4K when docked.

Will be able to port most of the huge AAA games to it.

Will run all the current stuff much smoother at higher frame rates.

Depending on when Nintendo runs out of their stock of the discontinued Tegra chips they use in the OLED…
    Will dictate if this is debut’ing this coming November or spring 2023z

Anyone else have any other details besides these ?

I was hoping Switch 2 would feature a flagship model utilizing a stronger magnesium-alloy unibody which also dissipated heat rapidly. But no confirmation of anything like that even being considered by Nintendo.
    Nvidia custom T234 I think turned out true. With frame generation from DLSS 3.1, so when docked/scaled from 720p handheld … it will be able to do 4k/60fps. With both ray tracing and frame generation.

Huge AAA “UE5” titles will alll be on the new switch. Confirmed they demo’d UE5 engine ports to devs to show them “see how easy it would be to port your UE5-made titles ??? 720p is an integer-scale to 4k, so still expect 720p handheld, any higher would be visually unecessary on an 8” screen, and would drain battery hella fast.

Interested to see all the dual-screen 3DS & Wii-U ports to it that will take advantage of dual screen functionality when docked/air-docked.