Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Dunking on everybody in the park LAVAR BALL's Avatar

Default Re: Ben Simmons is a liability for the 76ers in the playoffs

Thing is, there is no middle ground with Simmons:

against a team that lack focus, dedication to get back on defense, he will kill them. No guard has his speed/power combination, and no one can stop him if defense is still scrambling. He will most often do the right choice and having shooters this year around him made him rely more on his playmaking (best part of his game) than scoring.

But against a good disciplined team that will dare the Sixers to play half court and don't allow him to run, well he looks just average (even tho he deserves the DPOY imo), sure his lack of shoot doesn't help him.

I'm wondering if having him play PF in these set-up, with another outside ball-handler, wouldn't help him more

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Again the reading and comprehension skills here are lacking. Again the comparisons were to HIGHLIGHT shithead guys who are #3 options on teams. Iggy and Odom had EXPECTATIONS they never lived up too. When they were placed in situations where they werenÂ’t the franchise player. The complimentary player to the franchise? They excelled. Draymond never has these expectations but he is a glue guy similar to Ben Simmons. They are similar in that neither are threats offensively. But they provide defense, facilitator and guys who do things that get overlooked or undervalued. So the comparisons make total sense. You simply arenÂ’t competent to see what is being explained. Ben is who he is and will forever be. There is no new Ben Simmons on the horizon. There is no guy who magically finds a jumper, jump shot or downloads/installs an aggressive program. This is his ceiling. Sixers dans didnÂ’t appreciate Iggy until he was gone. The guy won finals mvp for doing what heÂ’s known for.

I never said focus on why he doesnÂ’t get more calls. Ben doesnÂ’t draw fouls because heÂ’s a finesse player who rather avoid contact or look to pass out of attempts. So not sure what you are saying there. Next...

Ben is an anomaly. No one has seen a guy of his skill set and acccolades refuse to shoot the ball. Getting a max contract says nothing. Tobias got max bread. Not a damn peep from you or anyone else here about him. Why? Oh you accepted who he is.

Mgmt has Ben back. He hasnÂ’t been traded. Doc is in full support of his game. I would have traded Ben for harden but given Houston and Morey relationship? They wanted an overpay which Harden is not worth. Especially if he isnÂ’t extending the years on his contract. Because hitting your roster only for him to flee sets your franchise back.
    Dude...

We know what his role is since he doesn't shoot, you don't have to tell me what he does right, that goes without saying. Your comparisons are Odom & Iggy, think about it. Tobias max contract was questionable but he's a second option on a team with all star big and an all star pg, you want him to playmake? He does his job well complimenting, no complaints. Ben not drawing fouls because he's a finesse player is bullshit. I bet Steph wished Draymond could ****ing shoot btw. They didn't know what to do Odom untill he became a 6th man, and didn't even pass up shots or refused to shoot. Iggy had very few weaknesses, completely different player. I wish him the best tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by LAL View Post
    Dude...

We know what his role is since he doesn't shoot, you don't have to tell me what he does right, that goes without saying. Your comparisons are Odom & Iggy, think about it. Tobias max contract was questionable but he's a second option on a team with all star big and an all star pg, you want him to playmake? He does his job well complimenting, no complaints. Ben not drawing fouls because he's a finesse player is bullshit. I bet Steph wished Draymond could ****ing shoot btw. They didn't know what to do Odom untill he became a 6th man, and didn't even pass up shots or refused to shoot. Iggy had very few weaknesses, completely different player. I wish him the best tonight.
    You sound like someone that’s not from America the way you struggle to comprehend what’s being said. Odom and Iggy both had expectations placed upon them like Ben Simmons. It was only until fans like yourself accepted them for the kind of players they were. Don’t talk to me about shooting, them not being reluctant to shoot. It’s about their role to respective teams. How can you claim to know Ben role but here you are nit picking nonsense about his game? For instance you claimed Ben being finess is bullshit to why he doesn’t draw fouls. Ok brainiac explain why Ben doesn’t get to the charity stripe 8-10 times a game yet more like 1/2 that? He’s 240+ 6’10. It’s not mental either. You ever watch Ben attack the rim? It’s not aggressively. It’s not like Giannis. He looks to pass out of that attempt or will contort his body to avoid contact for a finish. He’s had Neto on him. He doesn’t post up and back him down. Explain.

Tobias is more of a 3rd option. 2nd by default (like Sixers).

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    You sound like someone that’s not from America the way you struggle to comprehend what’s being said. Odom and Iggy both had expectations placed upon them like Ben Simmons. It was only until fans like yourself accepted them for the kind of players they were. Don’t talk to me about shooting, them not being reluctant to shoot. It’s about their role to respective teams. How can you claim to know Ben role but here you are nit picking nonsense about his game? For instance you claimed Ben being finess is bullshit to why he doesn’t draw fouls. Ok brainiac explain why Ben doesn’t get to the charity stripe 8-10 times a game yet more like 1/2 that? He’s 240+ 6’10. It’s not mental either. You ever watch Ben attack the rim? It’s not aggressively. It’s not like Giannis. He looks to pass out of that attempt or will contort his body to avoid contact for a finish. He’s had Neto on him. He doesn’t post up and back him down. Explain.

Tobias is more of a 3rd option. 2nd by default (like Sixers).
    It's mental.

But you won, nice knowing you.