I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Spain_'s Avatar

Default If you are averaging 5+ rebounds as a PG you are playing the game wrong

The correct play is for the PG to wait along the 3point line ready to receive a pass from the big to either initiate the break or the offense.
    Point guards that excessively crash the boards are hurting their teams either because of vanity or because they were told rebounds=impact at some point.

I always cringe when I see 6'4 guys aggressively crash the defensive glass when the situation doesn't call for it

Default Re: If you are averaging 5+ rebounds as a PG you are playing the game wrong

Agreed, Magic, Oscar, Curry, Kidd, Frazier etc were doing it all wrong

Default Re: If you are averaging 5+ rebounds as a PG you are playing the game wrong

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    He’s talking about pure pgs but you have a point. He’s must be talking bout highschool and college guards though

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    Magic and Kidd got rebounds in the flow of the game.
    I'm talking about modern players like Russ that hunt for rebounds the same way a scorer hunts for points.

There are more than one way to play the game.

Not in today's NBA. There are also more rebounding opportunities for perimeter players due to the volume 3PT shooting, so the big isn't necessarily in a position to rebound the ball as much either, and plenty of teams play small with a 4 or even a 3 at C at times. Also, it's actually great for a team like the Wizards to have Russ get the board and and push the pace, especially since they don't have a great half court offense, it worked in OKC post-KD and it's been vital to the Wizards' success as well. Wizards have the #1 pace in the league as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Not in today's NBA. There are also more rebounding opportunities for perimeter players due to the volume 3PT shooting, so the big isn't necessarily in a position to rebound the ball as much either, and plenty of teams play small with a 4 or even a 3 at C at times. Also, it's actually great for a team like the Wizards to have Russ get the board and and push the pace, especially since they don't have a great half court offense, it worked in OKC post-KD and it's been vital to the Wizards' success as well. Wizards have the #1 pace in the league as a result.
    The wizards are a sub 500 team that sucks and should have had an even worse record tbh lol.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Spain_ View Post
    The correct play is for the PG to wait along the 3point line ready to receive a pass from the big to either initiate the break or the offense.
    Point guards that excessively crash the boards are hurting their teams either because of vanity or because they were told rebounds=impact at some point.

I always cringe when I see 6'4 guys aggressively crash the defensive glass when the situation doesn't call for it
    Nah man. The better teams at any level have guys that can get it and go. They don't have to take an extra couple seconds to find the pg to bring it up. All this does is allow the defense to get back and set up. If it's there's nothing there then you get it to the pg and run the half court offense. Nothing wrong with a pg crashing the defensive boards.

The offensive boards is a different story. In past era's you usually wanted your faster gaurds at the top ready to get back after a miss. If they're constantly crashing the boards there's no one to get back on misses and this often allows teams easier opportunities to score in transition. Alot of coaches in this era don't mind this though because they want the game up on down in transition.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spain_ View Post
    Magic and Kidd got rebounds in the flow of the game.
    I'm talking about modern players like Russ that hunt for rebounds the same way a scorer hunyouts for points.
    You don't get a triple double lurking around the three point line.