Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Danny Ainge out as Celtics GM, Brad Stevens new GM, Celtics in search of a new co

Lmao, has that ever happened, from from coach to GM?

Riley?

Default Re: Danny Ainge out as Celtics GM, Brad Stevens new GM, Celtics in search of a new co

Whoever takes the job from Brad, I hope Kevin Garnett is a defensive assistant if he wants to be. If ever there were a team that needed a complete lunatic screaming at them about how soft they are, its this Celtics squad.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Turnbuckle View Post
    I said in the Brad Stevens thread that I think Ainge is the problem and not Brad.
    Smart having the license to shoot 3s anywhere he wants, anytime he wants is ainge's doing? Ainge is a problem for not putting together a better cast but brad to me has his faults.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey Turnbuckle View Post
    I said in the Brad Stevens thread that I think Ainge is the problem and not Brad.
    Brad's coaching leaves a good deal to be desired, but I don't think that's the central problem either.

Danny the “genius” hahaha I love it. Great job

I think Stevens has potential to build a team that is much better than Danny’s bs. Ainge had the habit of collecting unnecessary pieces

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Chris Mannix: As Danny Ainge moves on from Boston, a possible landing spot, in some capacity: The Utah Jazz. As rumors of Ainge’s exit rippled through the NBA in recent months, a role with the Jazz has been seen as a potential next step.

– via Twitter SIChrisMannix

Sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You View Post
    Sweet!
    Good! Let you guys deal with his fascination of undersized guards!

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    Lol, exactly

Quote Originally Posted by AirBonner View Post
    You mean on a team that starts Conley, Mitchell and O'Neale with Clarkson off the bench?

"As rumors of Ainge's exit rippled through the NBA in recent months, a role with the Jazz has been seen as a potential next step," writes Mannix.
    Abbott adds that new Utah owner Ryan Smith is "best friends" with Ainge. Smith and Ainge are both from Eugene, Oregon and they both attended BYU.

Serious playground baller

From Butler coach to Celtics GM, you gotta respect the man's ambition

no more ainge = no more combo guards!

Quote Originally Posted by dbugz View Post
    no more ainge = no more combo guards!

also means no more raping other teams in trades

NBA sixth man of the year

Well, ainge sucked outside of getting Tatum. So i think that's a good move. Not sure about stevens though, he's a wildcard at this point but him as coach was clearly not working.

I would blow up the entire roster outside of Tatum. Loaded with trash but you have a star in Tatum at least. Oh and a nice gem in Robert Williams.

Smart has overstayed his welcome by like 5 years and Kemba was a bust, brown i would try to trade for lottery picks to get tatum a real star next to him.