Default Has there ever been a series where all 7 games were won by the road team?

Or at least the first 6 going into game 7?

Default Re: Has there ever been a series where all 7 games were won by the road team?

I know it was in the bubble but it happened last year in Celtics vs Raptors.

Default Re: Has there ever been a series where all 7 games were won by the road team?

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola View Post
    I know it was in the bubble but it happened last year in Celtics vs Raptors.
    wtf you're right lol.

doesnt really count though.

just saw the graphic at the end of the game

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Dallas wins at home now.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

According to the Dallas Morning News there have only been 4 playoffs in NBA history where a team has lost a 7 game series after winning the first two on the road:

2017: Boston(4 wins) vs Chicago(2 wins) Boston wins 4 straight after going down 0-2
    2005: Dallas (4 wins) vs Houston(3 wins) Dallas wins games 5 and 7 at home after series tied 2-2
    1994: Houston(4wins) vs Phoenix(3 wins) Houston wins games 5 and 7 at home after series tied 2-2
    1969: Lakers(4 wins) vs SF Warriors(2 wins) Lakers win 4 straight after going down 0-2

In all 4 of those series, the home team won game 5 and eventually prevailed.

Decent playground baller

1984 NJ/Philly had a 5-game series with all road wins, Dawkins getting revenge...

someone else dug up the best of 7 with 5 road wins... all going 7 games

1968 Boston @ Philadelphia 5 road wins

1974 Boston @ Milwaukee 5 road wins

1981 Houston @ San Antonio 5 road wins

2005 Indiana @ Boston 5 road wins

2017 Utah @ Los Angeles Clippers 5 road wins

no 6 road win series to date??
    Last edited by getting_old; 06-03-2021 at 05:10 PM.

2020 Insidehoops MVP Stanley Kobrick's Avatar

stephen curry lost to dillon brooks with HCA, fred vanvleet with HCA, then again vs matthew dellavedova with HCA

Quote Originally Posted by Stanley Kobrick View Post
    stephen curry lost to dillon brooks with HCA, fred vanvleet with HCA, then again vs matthew dellavedova with HCA
    Went 0-3 in the finals at the oracle in its farewell year

I know it's a different sport and homefield/court matters less, but the Nats-Astros did it in the world series 2 years back.

Road teams went 7-0

Mugshot from SlyCooper Nilocon165's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99 View Post
    I know it's a different sport and homefield/court matters less, but the Nats-Astros did it in the world series 2 years back.

Road teams went 7-0
    Came to make this exact comment

I was basing my bets off the road teams never going 7-0, I lost quite a bit of money

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater View Post
    Or at least the first 6 going into game 7?
    Closes was 1995 Rockets vs Spurs but Rockets won game 6 at home. It happened in 2019 in the World Series when Washington lost all it's home games and won all the road games on the road in Houston to win the World Series.

it's not the answer, but the thread reminded me of the 2000 WCF between the L.A. Lakers and Portland Jail Blazers, as well as the 2002 WCF duel between the Kings and L.A. Lakers

another very bizarre series was the 94 Western Conference First Round between the Nuggets and Sonics, although I don't personally recall this one much because it didn't make national TV much

Nope, not even 6 games in a row (except for this series being the 1st time it happened).