View Poll Results: Who will win the series? (Votes Public)

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sixers 4-0

1 5.00%
  • Sixers 4-1

4 20.00%
  • Sixers 4-2

5 25.00%
  • Sixers 4-3

4 20.00%
  • Hawks 4-0

0 0%
  • Hawks 4-1

2 10.00%
  • Hawks 4-2

4 20.00%
  • Hawks 4-3

0 0%
Page 2 of 92 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Default Re: Eastern Conference Round 2: (1) Philadelphia Sixers vs. (4) Atlanta Hawks

Sixers in 7, Ben Simmons has the series of his career with Embiid injured.

Default Re: Eastern Conference Round 2: (1) Philadelphia Sixers vs. (4) Atlanta Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by ShawkFactory View Post
    What about Bogi? What about Capela? Who boards on his level with Embiid wearing street clothes?

What if Deandre Hunter starts taking your 3rd defender off the dribble and scores...while locking down Tobias. And not having to worry about anyone else on the team taking over.

What about when the benches come out and Huerter makes plays and Gallo gets hot.

This is all with the understanding that the game plan will be to stop Trae. Which is hard.

Who is going to make shots for you?
    What? Tobi is gonna impregnate Hunter this series.

What about Bogi? What about Capela? Who boards on his level with Embiid wearing street clothes?

What if Deandre Hunter starts taking your 3rd defender off the dribble and scores...while locking down Tobias. And not having to worry about anyone else on the team taking over.

What about when the benches come out and Huerter makes plays and Gallo gets hot.

This is all with the understanding that the game plan will be to stop Trae. Which is hard.

Who is going to make shots for you?
    Bogi? Lame nickname you gave him. Guy is shooting below avg from 3 these playoffs. Scary. In fact the only guy who is shooting well above is Hueter. Sixers have defenders. No one outside of Young is creating their own buckets at a rate to be concerned. Contain Young you win. Real simple.

Ben is a facilitator who gets guys open looks. Seth Curry, Danny Green, Harris, Hill, Maxey who has been on a roll since getting minutes in the post season. That’s who is going to make shots for us.

Sixers avg 124ppg these playoffs while the Hawks avg 104. All the while playing much better defense than the Hawks. And you’re running off “scorers” and asking who will make shots for Philly minus Embiid. Hilarious.

You should probably move to the off season and figure out what changes the Hawks need to make to get past the second rd next year and be a legitimate title contender like the bucks, sixers and Nets.

Saw a basketball once

I feel like a Philly win by Game 6 is the most likely scenario. Embiid's injury definitely creates some doubt and maybe Trae Young might emerge the best player in the series without him, but I still think Philly has enough to take it.
    (I'm a Masters student at Bocconi University, and for my dissertation I am trying to test a behavioural science concept using sports prediction data. Put your second round playoff predictions here and help me out! https://forms.gle/LQ4E4pDRa6BppjJa6)

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    Bogi? Lame nickname you gave him. Guy is shooting below avg from 3 these playoffs. Scary. In fact the only guy who is shooting well above is Hueter. Sixers have defenders. No one outside of Young is creating their own buckets at a rate to be concerned. Contain Young you win. Real simple.

Ben is a facilitator who gets guys open looks. Seth Curry, Danny Green, Harris, Hill, Maxey who has been on a roll since getting minutes in the post season. That’s who is going to make shots for us.

Sixers avg 124ppg these playoffs while the Hawks avg 104. All the while playing much better defense than the Hawks. And you’re running off “scorers” and asking who will make shots for Philly minus Embiid. Hilarious.

You should probably move to the off season and figure out what changes the Hawks need to make to get past the second rd next year and be a legitimate title contender like the bucks, sixers and Nets.
    That’s...been his nickname since before he was on the Hawks. It’s cool that you don’t know that but it also tells me that you’re out of touch with basketball outside of your own team.

Yea, I’m asking who’s going to make the big shots. When the game is close there is no takeover player on your team.

I don’t care what the respective scoring averages of each team are. The Wizards were by far the worst defensive team in the playoffs (one of the worst in the NBA in general). The Knicks were not. And Embiid was a huge part of it!

It’s just hilarious. You’re talking about your team like it’s a contender...when you’re missing the best player. Embiid is what makes you a contender. Right now the Sixers are like the 09-10 Cavs without Lebron
    Last edited by ShawkFactory; 06-05-2021 at 10:15 AM.

NBA All-star

Quote Originally Posted by MrFonzworth View Post
    What? Tobi is gonna impregnate Hunter this series.
    He will not.

NBA lottery pick

Fully healthy, you got to take the 76ers. Without their star player, the Hawks have a chance. We all know the Hawks aren't really that strong. They're not a powerhouse like some of the other teams still in the playoffs. Their offense revolves entirely around Trae Young. They'll be lucky to get past the 76ers without Joel Embiid. If Joel Embiid plays, they don't have a chance imo.

That’s...been his nickname since before he was on the Hawks. It’s cool that you don’t know that but it also tells me that you’re out of touch with basketball outside of your own team.

Yea, I’m asking who’s going to make the big shots. When the game is close there is no takeover player on your team.

I don’t care what the respective scoring averages of each team are. The Wizards were by far the worst defensive team in the playoffs (one of the worst in the NBA in general). The Knicks were not. And Embiid was a huge part of it!

It’s just hilarious. You’re talking about your team like it’s a contender...when you’re missing the best player. Embiid is what makes you a contender. Right now the Sixers are like the 09-10 Cavs without Lebron
    I’m out of touch with basketball outside of my own team even tho I thought Sixers should’ve added the guy last season? Oh ok solid. You know another lame nickname? Tobi and Bobi. Tobias Harris and Boban “nickname” when they played together. This was prior to Sixers and during Sixers. Still a lame nickname. Not sure how you as a grown man can’t see that. Guess you don’t mind the words “hubby”, “poopy” and such. Rock out bruh. Anyway let’s discuss hoops...

No you didn’t ask who will be take big shots when game is close. You asked a general question. Now we are here with a totally different question than previously. Do we have a certified closer? No. But did we have that with Embiid? Think about that. Sixers have a collection of guys who will get opportunities to do what you posed as a question. Hence why Ben Simmons as a facilitator getting guys those looks is key. We don’t have a certified go to guy. If anything one of the sixers needs is a guard who can create and get his own buckets. Those not easy to acquire. Much like a RB by committee in the NFL. That’s sorta what Sixers are working with.

Of course you don’t care about the overall scoring between each team. You do realize the Sixers defensively is among the best of the best in the NBA right? Whole Embiid anchoring the middle shouldn’t be overlooked. Without them sixers still are a good defensive team. We have two of the best perimeter defenders along with a decent defender/vet in Green. Hawks have no interior prescience that’s concerning. Clint is a guy who needs to be fed buckets. He imposes no offensive threat no matter the matchup.

No I’m talking about my team as a team that’s better than the Hawks minus Embiid. And unlike you don’t feel any threat of them defeating the Sixers in a series. Where did you get any idea I’m acting like they are a title contender minus Embiid? I said same shit about Sixers minus Embiid can Wizards. And it took a horrendous officiated game for them to snatch a win from us. I know I know I know Hawks are sooooooooo much better than Wizards (wizards actually had a second half turnaround/trending up but let’s ignore that).

The only teams in the East that are a threat are the bucks and Nets. Sixers without embiid vs them is a done deal. Sixers wirh embiid and it’s a tough ass series. Not nearly as confident vs them than Hawks. If anything if sixers get last bucks or Nets? I like their chances to win a title more. But that’s thinking way ahead. You’re lookin at sixers minus embiid vs hawks like I look at sixers with embiid vs bucks/Nets. Not an easy task.

But hey good to see hawks fans come from up under a rock. Didn’t realize they had fans who poked their heads out and made it be known.

No chance the the Embiid-less Sixers are better than the healthy Hawks.

Keep smoking that good crack, I know Philly has the best in the nation.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54 View Post
    No chance the the Embiid-less Sixers are better than the healthy Hawks.

Keep smoking that good crack, I know Philly has the best in the nation.
    But you’re not putting down any significant money to back up your nonsense and 6th grade insults? Solid. We men or mice. Right now I’m hearing a whole lot of squeaking

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB View Post
    But you’re not putting down any significant money to back up your nonsense and 6th grade insults? Solid. We men or mice. Right now I’m hearing a whole lot of squeaking
    your're the only one squeaking in this thread

Hakws in 6

Long Live The Process fourkicks44's Avatar

I think GOBB underrates the scoring threats on the Hawks to a degree however his confidence in the Sixers minus Embiid are justified.

Firstly, Think about what the biggest criticizim and the reason why Joel isn't the MVP this season... missing games.

This Sixers team has banded together and the bench has stepped up in his absence and ultimately earned the number 1 seed. Not the much hyped Nets or Bucks (and lets not forget how much dick sucking of the Nets has been going on all season and the Sixers still manage to get that 1 seed over them). It is ignorance to say that the Sixers are not a good team without Joel. Great team or contender? Not really, but they were good enough to keep that 1 seed and their are no excuses to not beating the Hawks.

Secondly the Sixers have homecourt and are excellent at home. This is a huge advantage and is more important to Philadelphia than perhaps any other team. They didn't lose a game for the entire calendar year in 2020, spanning over two seasons. Atlanta is going to have to win at least one of the first two games of this series to have a chance, if not, this one is virtually over.

Unfortunately i have some business to attend to tomorrow so i am going to miss Trae shitting on the Sixers

Quote Originally Posted by fourkicks44 View Post
    I think GOBB underrates the scoring threats on the Hawks to a degree however his confidence in the Sixers minus Embiid are justified.

Firstly, Think about what the biggest criticizim and the reason why Joel isn't the MVP this season... missing games.

This Sixers team has banded together and the bench has stepped up in his absence and ultimately earned the number 1 seed. Not the much hyped Nets or Bucks (and lets not forget how much dick sucking of the Nets has been going on all season and the Sixers still manage to get that 1 seed over them). It is ignorance to say that the Sixers are not a good team without Joel. Great team or contender? Not really, but they were good enough to keep that 1 seed and their are no excuses to not beating the Hawks.

Secondly the Sixers have homecourt and are excellent at home. This is a huge advantage and is more important to Philadelphia than perhaps any other team. They didn't lose a game for the entire calendar year in 2020, spanning over two seasons. Atlanta is going to have to win at least one of the first two games of this series to have a chance, if not, this one is virtually over.
    Thank you sir

King of the East Mask the Embiid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Unfortunately i have some business to attend to tomorrow so i am going to miss Trae shitting on the Sixers
    What they need you to come in early tomorrow to sweep hair at the barbershop?

They cant turn the game on for you in the background?