Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

Denver just couldn't guard Phoenix on the perimeter. You can't give up these open midrange shots to guys like CP3 and Devin Booker. They'll hit like 55% of the open shots -- and they can get them all night long.

They simply don't have the defensive personnel to keep with Phoenix's guards on screens. They experienced similar problems with Portland -- they won that series because they had more firepower.

Should've 100% committed to a switching scheme from game 1. Committed to an appropriate lineup for that.

I'd have played McGee alongside Jokic for weakside rotational rim/paint protection when Phoenix hunts Jokic on switches. I'd have also tried out some super big lineups, like Jokic-McGee-Millsap-Porter or something.

Hell, why not a supersized zone?

Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Denver just couldn't guard Phoenix on the perimeter. You can't give up these open midrange shots to guys like CP3 and Devin Booker. They'll hit like 55% of the open shots -- and they can get them all night long.

They simply don't have the defensive personnel to keep with Phoenix's guards on screens. They experienced similar problems with Portland -- they won that series because they had more firepower.

Should've 100% committed to a switching scheme from game 1. Committed to an appropriate lineup for that.

I'd have played McGee alongside Jokic for weakside rotational rim/paint protection when Phoenix hunts Jokic on switches. I'd have also tried out some super big lineups, like Jokic-McGee-Millsap-Porter or something.

Hell, why not a supersized zone?
    Lmaooooo good luck stopping open jumpers with two slow centers

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    Lmaooooo good luck stopping open jumpers with two slow centers
    Javale isn't that slow

Probably would've faired better than what they did

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave View Post
    Lol Jokic was just butthurt he missed like 5 shots in a row and didn't get bailed out with whistles, so he decided to take it out on someone half his size. What a tough guy. Anyone who watches this and pretends that this wasn't AT LEAST a flagrant 1 is a moron. The intention was clearly there(not to mention the context that he clearly did it out of anger), the wind up with the arm, and the follow through. So I'm not surprised with the F2 call one bit, although I'd have been fine with a F1. Not like it mattered anyways. Anyone who believed the Nugs were going to come back down 0-3 was kidding themselves.

https://twitter.com/LowkeyTae24/stat...664765952?s=20

Cam's nose literally turned sideways from the impact. Anyone who watches that(especially if you saw the context of how pissed Joker was after missing those shots and looked like he wanted to take it out on someone) and doesn't think it's at least a Flagrant 1 needs to get your eyes checked. I'm honestly surprised his nose isn't broken.
    This

Jokic shouldn't have been ejected but Nuggets weren't coming back down 0-3 anyways.

This was fine. Put the Nuggets out if their misery.

Suns now the top dog, ready for the challenger.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    As usual. His defense and physicality is always understated. Great role player.
    Can't forget the way he mimicked that salsa dance from kong.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Loving this Suns team

I wouldn't be mad if they won the championship

CP3 is a top 3 point guard of all time

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    Loving this Suns team

I wouldn't be mad if they won the championship

CP3 is a top 3 point guard of all time
    Wow

It seems we have a new team to cheer from here on

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Wow

It seems we have a new team to cheer from here on
    How does "i wouldn't be mad" translate to "new team to cheer on"

Stop putting words in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Manny98 View Post
    How does "i wouldn't be mad" translate to "new team to cheer on"

Stop putting words in my mouth
    You just said you were loving them, didn't you?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Utah and Suns will be a great matchup

as would 6'ers vs the Bucks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Best playoff series of Chris Paul's career? He smoked them mother****ers.
    To be fair when your leaning on Austin rivers, morris, and will Barton as some of your best players that's the result you're gonna get. This nugget team without jokic would be like a 20 win team.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    yeah cuz cocking your arm like you're gonna bitchslap someone and then trying to slap them is totally classy. you dumbfvck. that's a 7 footer with a 100lb difference.

it should have been a flagrant 1, but you need to stfu.
    He wasn't trying to slap Payne though. It's painfully obvious. He was playing for the ball and grazed his face with the side of his arm. Payne is honestly the player I might be hating the most in the NBA right now. Just a classless bitch with no integrity. I don't like people like that.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    He wasn't trying to slap Payne though. It's painfully obvious. He was playing for the ball and grazed his face with the side of his arm. Payne is honestly the player I might be hating the most in the NBA right now. Just a classless bitch with no integrity. I don't like people like that.
    Why are you dumb over this? You realize Jokic specifically said it was not a play for the ball right?

He tried to “change momentum” - his words - with a hard foul. And hit a man in the face full force in the process. Do you not realize Payne doesn’t have a strong face? That no one does? That the face is hella sensitive and a 260 pound monster hitting you going downward is gonna hurt even if it grazes? Especially when you don’t expect it.

Guys get knocked out in bloodsports all the time through grazes. Most shots in fighting are grazes, and they get rolled too. Meaning guys flinch and go the direction of the hit to lessen impact. None of that happened.

Not airballing my layups anymore King Kawhi's Avatar

Phoenix is so impressive. Big fan of Mikael Bridges...he has potential to be Kawhi like
    Last edited by King Kawhi; 06-14-2021 at 01:16 PM.