Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 89101112131421 ... LastLast

Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Goddamn.

Did the Lakers have any shot of signing him/trading for him last offseason?
    No but the Milwaukee Cucks did

Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Jesus christ. 15 assists. 0 turnovers.

IDK. One minute they were talking about how injured he was, the next "he's back!"

My guy @bladefd knows what I'm talking about.

I think the Lakers defended him well. Not surprising, given they're the #1 defense in the league.
    Lakers played good defense in that series, including on CP3.

Lakers offense was just garbage though and couldn't match what the Suns were doing from 3pt line. The two guys we couldn't defend though were Ayton and Booker. Those 2 murdered us and Crowder in 5/6.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Playing LeBron with Paul is not a good idea. Unless you have two basketballs.
    Well, it worked with Harden in 18 with them trading off.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    Lakers played good defense in that series, including on CP3.

Lakers offense was just garbage though and couldn't match what the Suns were doing from 3pt line. The two guys we couldn't defend though were Ayton and Booker. Those 2 murdered us and Crowder in 5/6.
    Davis scores his 30+ points and James is Healthy The Suns aren't beating the Lakers let alone blowing them out.

Very good NBA starter elementally morale's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    Well, it worked with Harden in 18 with them trading off.
    True. It worked to an extent but they weren't the best of friends. And Harden was/is less stubborn than 36 year-old LBJ. In theory it could work but as far as I can assess personalities it would end in a disaster. Plus LeBron is not the shooter Harden is, so he needs the ball more to be effective.

Good to see CP3 making some noise with the Suns. Hopefully he can do this against a team not missing firepower.

Suns look good.

Imagine if denver would find themselves in another 3-1 deficit later lol

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP View Post
    Good to see CP3 making some noise with the Suns. Hopefully he can do this against a team not missing firepower.

Suns look good.
    I can't see them getting past the Clippers, I'd give the Suns a decent chance against the Jazz though, since Booker would be best player in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by elementally morale View Post
    Playing LeBron with Paul is not a good idea. Unless you have two basketballs.
    you have no idea what you're talking about do you

harden and paul playing together had 70 win pace in 2018 and were up 3-2 on the greatest team ever

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    I can't see them getting past the Clippers, I'd give the Suns a decent chance against the Jazz though, since Booker would be best player in that series.
    Only thing is Jazz is the only team in the league that the Suns don't have home court advantage against.

That said, the Suns did sweep the Jazz in the regular season.

I can see the Suns getting past the Clips, but I would expect it to be tough. The Clips did have a 2-1 winning record against the Suns in the regular season, but I wouldn't put much weight into those regular season games they played against each other. The Clips 5pt win was super early in the season when the Suns were still getting used to their new roster and didn't have nearly the chemistry they have now. The 10 point win the Clips had was on the 2nd night of a Suns road back-to-back where they had just a grueling OT win against the Jazz in Utah the night before(meanwhile the Clips were rested). The Suns stayed with the Clips most of the game but visibly ran out of gas towards the end. The 8 point win the Suns had against the Clips was without Kahwi playing. None of those games are great references to look back on.

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave View Post
    Only thing is Jazz is the only team in the league that the Suns don't have home court advantage against.

That said, the Suns did sweep the Jazz in the regular season.

I can see the Suns getting past the Clips, but I would expect it to be tough. The Clips did have a 2-1 winning record against the Suns in the regular season, but I wouldn't put much weight into those regular season games they played against each other. The Clips 5pt win was super early in the season when the Suns were still getting used to their new roster and didn't have nearly the chemistry they have now. The 10 point win the Clips had was on the 2nd night of a Suns road back-to-back where they had just a grueling OT win against the Jazz in Utah the night before(meanwhile the Clips were rested). The Suns stayed with the Clips most of the game but visibly ran out of gas towards the end. The 8 point win the Suns had against the Clips was without Kahwi playing. None of those games are great references to look back on.
    HCA aside, Suns match up much better against the Jazz. I wouldn't put much stock into the RS match-ups because I believe both Conley and Mitchell were out the last time they played each other.

Clippers have too many defenders to throw at CP3 and Booker and Kawhi would be the best player in that series, so I definitely think you have a better chance vs. Utah as Booker could easily outscore Mitchell & I'd expect Ayton to outplay Rudy with how great that kid has been against Davis and Jokic so far.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by dankok8 View Post
    Denver is not only unable to stop CP3 but they have nobody to make him work on defense. When you give CP3 a chance to just chill all game on defense watching mediocre players put up 3pt shots he will absolutely destroy you on offense.

That being said he might be playing the best playoff series of his career. He has like 30 assists with 1 turnover or something. Just bonkers. Suns honestly loo like they will win it all. You know a team where guys have that twinkle in their eyes and just never give up. Phoenix has that vibe. I don't think anything or any team will scare them.
    Not even close to the best series of his career. Wtf?

A series like his one against 2016 Portland way tops this. He was devouring them on both ends.

And it makes sense being he was a much better player.

Quote Originally Posted by 999Guy View Post
    Not even close to the best series of his career. Wtf?

A series like his one against 2016 Portland way tops this. He was devouring them on both ends.

And it makes sense being he was a much better player.
    Paul obviously isn't a better player than 5 years ago but the way he's playing now is better. Before in his career defenses played him to be a scorer and his assists always plummeted leaving his teammates to their own devices to create shots. When CP3's teams were successful on offense is when he's creating shots for guys and he's been doing that as masterfully as I've ever seen him in the first two games of this series.

Malones an old school coach. Just letting Denver fn have it with no filter. I love to see it.

That's a proper coach.