Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 360
  1. #16
    Local High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    1,334

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Quote Originally Posted by Mask the Embiid View Post
    1 down....1 to go....Here we go phoenix! Here we go! (clap clap)

  2. #17
    Good High School Starter LeCola's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    995

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Suns in 5.

    Murray is a huge loss for Nuggets.

  3. #18
    Snivelball RRR3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    41,520

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Suns are a better TEAM but Jokic is quite easily the best player on either side. Could go either way. I’d lean Suns tho.

    I also wish Murray was healthy. Would be much more fun. Barton too

  4. #19
    Counter Troll Agent highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,349

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    nuggets are playing really well considering they are missing murray. even for an athletic center like Ayton, Jokic will be a handful and then some to guard. i don't even feel confident we can beat the nuggets in a series. suns role players have been garbage for the most part. crowder finally hit some 3s in game 6 but up until that point he was like 15% from 3pt. birdges missed a shit load of wide open 3s and he usually sinks those. payne played like ass in game 6, cam johnson has missed a ton of 3s and he's supposed to be a 3pt specialist

    the team was carried by booker. what the nuggets have going for them is experience and their players don't disappear for entire games. i suspect booker will not be able to continue carrying the team alone, so if the role players continue their trash play, nuggets will easily win this.

    i expect jokic to get his 30+ points a night with a dozen assists. that's his strenght afterall right? he's a mistmatch for any center to guard while being an excellent point guard at the same time. cp3 is playing like he's running on fumes, probably due to injury. i also fear he iwll re-injure hiself as he has never proven to be durable.

  5. #20
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Chuckbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    299

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    nuggets are playing really well considering they are missing murray. even for an athletic center like Ayton, Jokic will be a handful and then some to guard. i don't even feel confident we can beat the nuggets in a series. suns role players have been garbage for the most part. crowder finally hit some 3s in game 6 but up until that point he was like 15% from 3pt. birdges missed a shit load of wide open 3s and he usually sinks those. payne played like ass in game 6, cam johnson has missed a ton of 3s and he's supposed to be a 3pt specialist

    the team was carried by booker. what the nuggets have going for them is experience and their players don't disappear for entire games. i suspect booker will not be able to continue carrying the team alone, so if the role players continue their trash play, nuggets will easily win this.

    i expect jokic to get his 30+ points a night with a dozen assists. that's his strenght afterall right? he's a mistmatch for any center to guard while being an excellent point guard at the same time. cp3 is playing like he's running on fumes, probably due to injury. i also fear he iwll re-injure hiself as he has never proven to be durable.
    Mantecas, have some ****ing faith in your team.

  6. #21
    NBA Legend RoseCity07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    19,710

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    It will be super interesting to see how Phoenix handles Jokic. He's looking pretty unstoppable. Then again we only had 1 legit big to throw at him. Nurkic never got his stamina right after coming back late in the season. I think Ayton can keep up.

  7. #22
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    27,984

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Suns in 6.

  8. #23

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    The Suns can win if Booker is the best player on the floor, and Ayton can slow down Jokic without requiring too many double-teams, and Paul can step up more than he did in the first round.

    Booker scorched the Lakers with 29.7ppg,k 6.2 rpg, and 5.0 apg at 48.8% FG. Ayton dominated the Lakers' interior with 15.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, at 79.6 FG%.

    However, the Nuggets will win because Jokic has been the best player in the league, and has the superior supporting cast. he averaged 33 ppg, 10.5 rpg, and 4.5 apg at 52.8 FG%, 42.9 3FG% and 91.7% FT in the first round. Porter Jr averaged 18.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg to make up for the Nuggets' missing backcourt (Murray and Barton).

    The Nuggets have had the top 3 regular season records in the West for the last 3 years, and reached the conference finals last year, so they're young but experienced. Whereas the Suns lack playoff experience, and Paul has made only one conference finals in his illustrious career.

    Denver in 6

  9. #24
    NBA All-star
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    9,439

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Honestly just excited to watch Jokic. Regardless of the outcome of the series he’s going to have Ayton working really hard in the gym this summer.

    Paul and Booker should have their way but I thought Dame and CJ would move the needle too.

    Who knows

  10. #25
    Counter Troll Agent highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    29,349

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    The Suns can win if Booker is the best player on the floor, and Ayton can slow down Jokic without requiring too many double-teams, and Paul can step up more than he did in the first round.

    Booker scorched the Lakers with 29.7ppg,k 6.2 rpg, and 5.0 apg at 48.8% FG. Ayton dominated the Lakers' interior with 15.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, at 79.6 FG%.

    However, the Nuggets will win because Jokic has been the best player in the league, and has the superior supporting cast. he averaged 33 ppg, 10.5 rpg, and 4.5 apg at 52.8 FG%, 42.9 3FG% and 91.7% FT in the first round. Porter Jr averaged 18.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg to make up for the Nuggets' missing backcourt (Murray and Barton).

    The Nuggets have had the top 3 regular season records in the West for the last 3 years, and reached the conference finals last year, so they're young but experienced. Whereas the Suns lack playoff experience, and Paul has made only one conference finals in his illustrious career.

    Denver in 6
    underrated matchup to keep an eye on: jae crowder vs mpj

  11. #26
    6 CHAMPIONSHIPS, PAL. DABIGSALSISHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    INSIDE GLORIA'S HOUSE
    Posts
    832

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Ayton will finally be tested. Those bums from the Lakers did nothing to stop him.

    Great, great series ahead.

    It's all on Bookers hands how far the Suns will go.

    I picked the Nuggets to win the west with Murray but not now. We will see...

  12. #27
    6 CHAMPIONSHIPS, PAL. DABIGSALSISHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2021
    Location
    INSIDE GLORIA'S HOUSE
    Posts
    832

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Quote Originally Posted by LeCola View Post
    Suns in 5.

    Murray is a huge loss for Nuggets.

    I could see that happening if Booker goes nuts. you never know....

  13. #28
    I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Spain_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2021
    Posts
    280

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Very Difficult to predict.

  14. #29
    Custom User Title wagexslave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    2,448

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Game day. Let's go Suns, gotta show up with energy and unmatched hustle especially like in games 5 and 6 against the Lakers. I hope Monty has a well thought game plan for this team established, this series is gonna be tough and we need to try to stop Jokic but not try too hard to where his teammates are burning us.

    I have no ill will towards the Nuggets or their fans though, so I hope it's a good, respectful, well reffed series that's all about the basketball, don't wanna see any fights, or injuries on either team. May the best team win and if that happens to be the Nuggets then so be it. Hoping it's gonna be my Suns though.

  15. #30
    ... on a leash ArbitraryWater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    I walk a higher path, son
    Posts
    42,096

    Default Re: 2021 Western Conference Round 2: (2) Phoenix Suns vs. (3) Denver Nuggets

    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    The Suns can win if Booker is the best player on the floor, and Ayton can slow down Jokic without requiring too many double-teams, and Paul can step up more than he did in the first round.

    Booker scorched the Lakers with 29.7ppg,k 6.2 rpg, and 5.0 apg at 48.8% FG. Ayton dominated the Lakers' interior with 15.8 ppg, 10.7 rpg, at 79.6 FG%.

    However, the Nuggets will win because Jokic has been the best player in the league, and has the superior supporting cast. he averaged 33 ppg, 10.5 rpg, and 4.5 apg at 52.8 FG%, 42.9 3FG% and 91.7% FT in the first round. Porter Jr averaged 18.8 ppg, 6.7 rpg to make up for the Nuggets' missing backcourt (Murray and Barton).

    The Nuggets have had the top 3 regular season records in the West for the last 3 years, and reached the conference finals last year, so they're young but experienced. Whereas the Suns lack playoff experience, and Paul has made only one conference finals in his illustrious career.

    Denver in 6
    they can clearly win without Booker being the best on the floor though

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •