Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: I知 guessing you have a problem with 2001, 2002, and...2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    As ridiculous as a 99-02 AI vs Reggie argument is you took it to downright ignore status even talking about Kobe. As I said....if you take AIs years and give them to Reggie you’re a jackass if only for ignoring the existence of Kobe...and others for that matter. But you can’t look past Kobe.....even if he had bad averages for a few injured games.

Whoever you give the AI years to....it’s not Reggie Miller when Kobe existed. This is exactly the shit that gets Reggie such backlash. You can’t just be like “My
    bad I didn’t think...it says AI 99-02 so giving Reggie those years is stupid because of Kobe”. You have to come in here and defend it.

If you think Kobe wasn’t there yet in 99 and the 99 series makes Reggie better than AI it would be hard to then say the 99 series where he was eliminated doing 16 on 36%/33% doesn’t make him worse than Alan Houston who beat him(remember...wins are individual now). He can’t have 2000 when Kobe existed unless long thrown out injured averages for a week mean more than basketball playing ability...or 01...or 02. He simply has no place. The end.

The only thing the end is your arguments. Reggie could massively outplay a guy head to head in a given year... and you'll say he was worse.

I'm a huge Kobe fan (and everybody knows) but I'm not going to disrespect basic logic. You seem to have no problem doing that.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Anyone could outplay anyone head to head and be worse at basketball than them. Especially when you don’t consider anything but shooting percentages in a basketball evaluation. You aren’t as good as the efficiency average of 4-7 games. You’re as good as you are at basketball. And as good as you are vs the NBA. Not as good as you are in any individual matchup.

At the best he ever was....2000 Kobe could score like Reggie....only he had handles to create...and he could pass at more than a rudimentary level. Add in that he was by then a deserving all D first teamer....it isn’t close.

Reggie can’t any any point be what 2000 Kobe was. Didn’t have the total offensive skill, the athleticism, or the defense. He was an inferior player of basketball even if he had better shooting numbers than an injured Kobe for a week while being eliminated.

If it’s not AI...it’s still not Reggie in a world Kobe existed. Keep making even the real pacer fans cringe though. You’re exactly what justifies those saying Reggie is overrated. Talking about Kobe ****ing Bryant or Reggie 99-02....too proud to just say “Yea I forgot Kobe....”.

Keep it going though. I’ll quote you the next time I’m asked why I compare Reggie to elites he can’t equal when it makes him look bad.

Finals stints and deep playoff runs matter to guys at that level. Just because Goat level players get clowned for merely making the Finals doesnt mean its not an achievement to guys a tier or two below. Some Mvp caliber players barely even make the Conference Finals if at all and some have good/great help. How many Mvps didnt reach the Finals their whole career?

Trying to hype up unproven guys just because of perceived ability during the regular season is as iffy as it gets. Too many players would look great in the regular season, having big games and hitting gamewinners for your team then proceed crumble under playoff pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Anyone could outplay anyone head to head and be worse at basketball than them. Especially when you don’t consider anything but shooting percentages in a basketball evaluation. You aren’t as good as the efficiency average of 4-7 games. You’re as good as you are at basketball. And as good as you are vs the NBA. Not as good as you are in any individual matchup.

At the best he ever was....2000 Kobe could score like Reggie....only he had handles to create...and he could pass at more than a rudimentary level. Add in that he was by then a deserving all D first teamer....it isn’t close.

Reggie can’t any any point be what 2000 Kobe was. Didn’t have the total offensive skill, the athleticism, or the defense. He was an inferior player of basketball even if he had better shooting numbers than an injured Kobe for a week while being eliminated.

If it’s not AI...it’s still not Reggie in a world Kobe existed. Keep making even the real pacer fans cringe though. You’re exactly what justifies those saying Reggie is overrated. Talking about Kobe ****ing Bryant or Reggie 99-02....too proud to just say “Yea I forgot Kobe....”.

Keep it going though. I’ll quote you the next time I’m asked why I compare Reggie to elites he can’t equal when it makes him look bad.
    You don’t have to sugarcoat it lol he can’t f with iverson either

Miller was always an above average to good defender in his prime. He always gave equal effort on that end of the court and took pride in doing it never shying away from that big matchup at the position. Always willing to hustle and sacrifice his body just to make the game winning play. No amount of bias or revisionist history would change that.

Even Jordan himself said Reggie is the one player he hated playing against partly because of his dirty defensive tactics among other things.

Pacers strength was on defense in those years and Miller was a big part of that unless you want to credit Mark for carrying him in that side of the floor lol who in fairness was a smart defender but lacked the footspeed.

There is a reason you would rarely see his direct matchup have big games in the playoffs simply because he was a very capable defender backed by a good defensive team. Its not a coincidence that some of his most famous moments usually involved a steal or a defensive stop to finish the play.

This was the guy who at the biggest game of his career at the time held the Goat to 9/25 shooting and almost eliminated him in the Conference Finals. He was credited as one of the better Jordan defenders after that by the media.