Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: I知 guessing you have a problem with 2001, 2002, and...2011?

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Reggie definitely has a case for 94 and 95 considering he made the Conference Finals both years and beat Shaq/Penny and Ewing/Starks/Oakley along the way.

Unless you are willing to disregard the leadership, mental toughness and intangibles plus the playoff performances/resume and pick Sprewell lol.
    No offense, but that just shows how weak the position was those seasons that Miller could be argued as best SG in the league.

Banned

the best shooting guard in 1994 was Reggie Miller
    the best shooting guard in 1995 was Clyde Drexler

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117 View Post
    No offense, but that just shows how weak the position was those seasons that Miller could be argued as best SG in the league.
    None taken and you are obviously right.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    '01 was Kobe
    '02 & '03 was either Kobe or McGrady
    '06 & '09 was either Kobe or Wade
    '11 was Wade
    I agree. 00-01 season is Kobe.
    01-02 clearly Kobe.
    02-03 season should be McGrady imo.
    Kobe should have 05-06 even though Wade won the chip. Kobe was almost godlike that year.
    08-09 is a tough call. I would say give it to Wade.
    2010-11 is probably Wade too as Kobe was clearly going downhill.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    I agree. 00-01 season is Kobe.
    01-02 clearly Kobe.
    02-03 season should be McGrady imo.
    Kobe should have 05-06 even though Wade won the chip. Kobe was almost godlike that year.
    08-09 is a tough call. I would say give it to Wade.
    2010-11 is probably Wade too as Kobe was clearly going downhill.

03 tmac was close to kobe.. but that was arguably kobes best version. before the shoulder and knee injury he was at his peak skill and athletic wise. he was playing like 06 kobe for a stretch.and of not for a missed Horry three he probly 4 peats as finals mvp

Last edited by kenneth_griffin; 06-05-2021 at 09:44 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reggie43 View Post
    Reggie definitely has a case for 94 and 95 considering he made the Conference Finals both years and beat Shaq/Penny and Ewing/Starks/Oakley along the way.

Unless you are willing to disregard the leadership, mental toughness and intangibles plus the playoff performances/resume and pick Sprewell lol.

Mitch Richmond having Wayman Tisdale and Lionel Simmons and a coach who was never heard from again does not make Reggie better at basketball. And I’m gonna go on and credit the not one...not two...but 3 low end all star bigs on the Pacers for the struggles of opposing bigs those years. Reggie had zero to do with Shaq having like 10 point games or Ewing having what I’m sure is the worst game in HOF big history when he had 1 point on I believe 0-10 shooting. Smits locked Ewing’s ass at times. Not all the time but Smits vs whoever was a much closer matchup than anyone now realizes.

You remember those teams like I do. You know the unsung heroes were always that rotation of low minutes bruising bigs and the best of them was probably the only one who wasn’t ever an all star in Derek Mckey.

The Pacers ensemble kicking ass inside is what limited other bigs in a time traditionally dominated by them.

Fans today will never agree but we both know if you asked the coach of the team he’d tell you I’m absolutely right about how they won. Hell games were advertised as “Larry Brown and his Indiana Pacers vs _____” until the spike Lee drama.

Larry was one of the last coaches who got more credit than the players. At least on the Pacers he did.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    Mitch Richmond having Wayman Tisdale and Lionel Simmons and a coach who was never heard from again does not make Reggie better at basketball. And I’m gonna go on and credit the not one...not two...but 3 low end all star bigs on the Pacers for the struggles of opposing bigs those years. Reggie had zero to do with Shaq having like 10 point games or Ewing having what I’m sure is the worse game in HOF big history when he had 1 point on I believe 0-10 shooting.

You remember those teams like I do. You know the unsung heroes were always that rotation of low minutes bruising bigs and the best of them was probably the only one who wasn’t ever an all star in Derek Mckey.

The Pacers ensemble kicking ass inside is what limited other bigs in a time traditionally dominated by them.

Fans today will never agree but we both know if you asked the coach of the team he’d tell you I’m absolutely right about how they won. Hell games were advertised as “Larry Brown and his Indiana Pacers vs _____” until the spike Lee drama.

Larry was one of the last coaches who got more credit than the players. At least on the Pacers he did.
    Reggies stats don't really show his value. he was a proven playoff performer. mitch wasn't. for all we know he was a slightly better shareef abdur rahim

Its always about the guy who they presume could perform vs. the guys who actually did it. They are similar level players but thats too big a "what if" for some of these guys especially basing on regular season play not factoring the pressure of the playoffs.

Banned

my only memories of playoff mitch Richmond is hitting that fall away wide open jumper for his only playoff points seconds before the Lakers won the title

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

I’m not judging anyone by their playoff success with olden polynice. I think the top scoring teammate he had his whole Kings run was either Big Nasty or Walt Williams. Much better players than Mitch or Reggie did nothing when they had similar teams. But I’m not sure anyone in history had so little for that long.

Im serious. Give it some thought. Who had a 6-7 year run without a teammate who could score more than like 15-16 points? While also having no noteworthy defenders?

Derek Anderson on the Spurs would have been probably the best second option he ever had unless you wanna count like 50 games of Chris Jackson.

Im not certain Mitch doesn’t have the worst help of any stars prime unless you count 01-03 as Tmacs prime.

They would be the picks in my lifetime. But he didn’t have shit for 3-4 years. He had nothing from like 93-99.

Michael Jordan wouldn’t have won shit on the Kings and I base that on him not winning shit in Chicago when his teams were like the kings. Only Orlando Woolridge and Oakley were both better than anyone on the Kings.

That guy had the definition of role players. Just Mitch and some guys.

The GOATs....with a team like Mitch had?

Were talking like 42-45 wins and a playoff loss. That’s what people with those squads usually peak at.

The times teams like his did anything you can count on one hand and they still had second all stars...or aging stars. Something. Mitch had kids, vets who were never anything, and busts. His whole...entire...prime.

Richmond made the 2nd round only twice his whole career even with the ultra talented Run TMC. Reggie never played with anyone as talented as Mullin and Hardaway in his extended prime and Richmond had both of them even if only for a few years.

Miller on his last legs as a 39 year old help lead his injury/suspension ravaged team to the 2nd round of the playoffs and even took two games off the defending champs. In the first round Miller and his team triggered the Celtics so bad that Paul Pierce was faking an injury years before his more famous wheelchair game lol.

Not to mention his 5 Conference Finals stints as his teams best player prior.

The thing is im not saying he was absolutely the best in those years (94/95) only that he certainly has a case given his playoff resume and performances and also considering that the off guard spot wasnt really deep in talent at the time.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855 View Post
    I’m not judging anyone by their playoff success with olden polynice. I think the top scoring teammate he had his whole Kings run was either Big Nasty or Walt Williams. Much better players than Mitch or Reggie did nothing when they had similar teams. But I’m not sure anyone in history had so little for that long.

Im serious. Give it some thought. Who had a 6-7 year run without a teammate who could score more than like 15-16 points? While also having no noteworthy defenders?

Derek Anderson on the Spurs would have been probably the best second option he ever had unless you wanna count like 50 games of Chris Jackson.

Im not certain Mitch doesn’t have the worst help of any stars prime unless you count 01-03 as Tmacs prime.

They would be the picks in my lifetime. But he didn’t have shit for 3-4 years. He had nothing from like 93-99.

Michael Jordan wouldn’t have won shit on the Kings and I base that on him not winning shit in Chicago when his teams were like the kings. Only Orlando Woolridge and Oakley were both better than anyone on the Kings.

That guy had the definition of role players. Just Mitch and some guys.

The GOATs....with a team like Mitch had?

Were talking like 42-45 wins and a playoff loss. That’s what people with those squads usually peak at.

The times teams like his did anything you can count on one hand and they still had second all stars...or aging stars. Something. Mitch had kids, vets who were never anything, and busts. His whole...entire...prime.

if Reggie Miller had zero expectations to win he probly averages 25 a game.. but he was very unselfish and only took over when it mattered. mitch might have been better but we'll never know. I never judge guys on regular season only. if that were the case then james harden is top 5 all time

mitch is a mystery. can't put him over Reggie.. him not having a great team doesn't discount all the big moments Miller had in the playoffs

Bron/Brady not top 10 Mr.GOAT2408's Avatar

Kobe was the best SG in 2000-2002, Wade was the best SG in 2011 and arguably 2012

Rest of the list is fine

I have a hard time not giving Wade a few of those. 09 Wade was godly, as was 2010. That should go either way or at least dude deserves a HM. That graph makes it look like he never existed lol. Kobe wasnt better in 2011 either. 2005 should be Iverson depending on whether we being strict about him being a PG that year. Tmac warrants a HM for 2003. That period for shooting guards was stacked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.GOAT2408 View Post
    Kobe was the best SG in 2000-2002, Wade was the best SG in 2011 and arguably 2012

Rest of the list is fine
    No iverson was far better in 99-2000 season