Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is Kawhi an autist?

I think he might be and it is not a bad thing. I have an autistic son (dbugz) and I work with autistic people. Kawhi definitely fits some of the symptoms - evasive eye contact, extremely withdrawn facial expression, inability to vocalize or interact with others, etc. Either that or he is extremely shy.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: Is Kawhi an autist?

Quote Originally Posted by Shooter View Post

I think he might be and it is not a bad thing. I have an autistic son (dbugz) and I work with autistic people. Kawhi definitely fits some of the symptoms - evasive eye contact, extremely withdrawn facial expression, inability to vocalize or interact with others, etc. Either that or he is extremely shy.
    I absolutely think he is on the Spectrum. Folks on the Spectrum have A very difficult time connecting with others on A meaningful level. It's often joked that he is A robot and that he watches humans to try and figure out how to fit in. Whatever it is that connects us in social situations those on the spectrum struggle with immensely. Doesn't mean low intelligence or anything of the sort.

Banned

na hes just a shy introvert with isolation sickness cause his dad died when he was little or something. he's like that kid from scrooged

it takes one to know one

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth_griffin View Post
    na hes just a shy introvert with isolation sickness cause his dad died when he was little or something. he's like that kid from scrooged
    He was on the spectrum well before his dad passed. I know because I have an autistic son (dbugz). We let him have a cheap tablet with wifi internet so that he can chat on the basketball forums. It's his only way to feel normal, by using the digital world.
    Last edited by Shooter; 06-06-2021 at 05:44 PM.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

He was on the spectrum well before his dad passed. I know because I have an autistic son (dbugz). We let him have the internet and a cheap tablet with wifi internet so that he can chat on the basketball forums. It's his only way to feel normal, by using the digital world.
    Well played.
    My Autistic daughter is the same way. I keep her chained in the basement though due to her habit of biting people she is not comfortable with.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcwilliams View Post
    I absolutely think he is on the Spectrum. Folks on the Spectrum have A very difficult time connecting with others on A meaningful level. It's often joked that he is A robot and that he watches humans to try and figure out how to fit in. Whatever it is that connects us in social situations those on the spectrum struggle with immensely. Doesn't mean low intelligence or anything of the sort.
    Absolutely true, doesn't mean low IQ or inability to learn. He has clearly shown that he has learned the game. He is a great player, and he is a strong brave man for going out into the public just like my son.

no doubt

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Robot Jordan.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmcwilliams View Post
    It actually could mean genius intelligence since your brain uses more of its logical side than its emotional. Isaac Newton, Mozart, Tesla... all considered that.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    It actually could mean genius intelligence since your brain uses more of its logical side than its emotional. Isaac Newton, Mozart, Tesla... all considered that.
    No doubt he is a great player. Definitely an autist though. Playoff A(utist)

No wonder hbk dimwit acts the same way too

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    Eccentric =\= autistic.

Those guys werent considered autistics/savants. Just eccentric.

Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    No wonder hbk dimwit acts the same way too
    We see why he gravitates toward him. It all makes sense now.

We see why he gravitates toward him. It all makes sense now.
    Yep, kinda puts things into perspective slick.