Question Would the Lakers improve if they made these offseason changes? [Rate NEW lineup]

- S&T Schroder for Lonzo Ball
    - Sign/S&T for Danny Green
    - Sign Javale McGee and/or Dwight Howard
    - Let Drummond go
    - Harrell signs elsewhere

Lakers get two great 3&D players in Ball and Green. Both had a poor 10-15 first games shooting -- but after that they lit it up. Danny Green shot 41% on a career high 6+ attempts. Lonzo shot 40% on a career high 8.5 attempts.

Lonzo provides playmaking outside of LeBron. He's not the dribble-drive threat they necessarily need, but beggars can't be choosers. Extremely unlikely they get Kyle Lowry or Damian Lillard. Lonzo is good enough to orchestrate the offensive like Rondo did -- except with far superior shooting and size.

Increases their size as well, which makes them more versatile and switchable. Both of them can defend multiple positions.

Getting McGee and/or Howard back gives them efficient and effective lob threats -- something sorely lacking this season. More athleticism and rim protection, too. Rounds out the big rotation with Marc effectively. Gives them versatility.

Default Re: Would the Lakers improve if they made these offseason changes? [Rate NEW lineup]

Adding Green and Ball would solve the 3pt shooting woes. On paper, at least.

That's nearly 15 attempts on 40% 3PT shooting added. The synergistic effects should be there.

Here's how they'd look shooting wise:

Ball: 40% 3PT
    Green: 41% 3PT
    KCP: 41% 3PT
    LeBron: 37% 3PT
    Caruso: 40% 3PT
    Gasol: 41% 3PT
    Kuzma: 36% 3PT

If they remain on the team:

Wes Matthews: 34% 3PT
    McLemore: 37% 3PT

College superstar

Default Re: Would the Lakers improve if they made these offseason changes? [Rate NEW lineup]

so basically their championship squad. looks pretty good on paper, but i dont like the idea of lonzo & lebron playing together. zo can shoot although he would take the ball out of lebron's hands. or vice versa. one of them would have to play off-ball. a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24 View Post
    so basically their championshop squad. dont like the idea of lonzo & lebron playing together. zo can shoot but he would take the ball out of lebron's hands. one of them would have to play off-ball. a lot more.
    Lonzo has developed well as an off-ball threat. He'd be expected to play-make in the same fashion that Rajon Rondo did. As a secondary facilitator, as well as a primary one when LBJ sits.

The only shortcoming is that he lacks a dribble-drive penetration threat that a Mike Conley or Kyle Lowry would bring more of. It's telling that both of them get more free throws than Lonzo, despite being significantly smaller, less athletic, and older.

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post
    Lonzo has developed well as an off-ball threat. He'd be expected to play-make in the same fashion that Rajon Rondo did. As a secondary facilitator, as well as a primary one when LBJ sits.

The only shortcoming is that he lacks a dribble-drive penetration threat that a Mike Conley or Kyle Lowry would bring more of. It's telling that both of them get more free throws than Lonzo, despite being significantly smaller, less athletic, and older.
    Not to mention LeBron needs someone to share the ball handling role with anyway. He isn't 32 with an unlimited turbo anymore. He can't be that 44 minute per night guy that takes over at every stretch. I almost like the Lonzo fit since like you said he has improved his 3 point shot and he is long and a decent defender.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin View Post

i haven't seen that, but i've only caught a few pelican games this year. tops. if lonzo can REALLY play off the ball, then i would be for it. lakers desperately need shooting, and he can certainly knock down the longball.

National High School Star Akeem34TheDream's Avatar

I love how Harrell was one of the reasons Clippers were stacked last year and he is an afterthought this year. What changed?

You can try for it. It would probably depend on how much the Pelicans are willing to pay Schroeder because it would have to be a s&t. Schroeder wants to get paid, Pelicans want a long-term point guard, Lakers need a point guard and lonzo wants to go to a large market team. It all comes down to what the Pelicans value Schroeder and whether another team is willing to offer better assets than Schroder.

It's a good fit though. I would try for Lowry first though because the raptors want someone young in return to replace Lowry. Not many teams will be willing to pay Lowry the 25mill/yr he wants for 2yrs. Lowry is a proven playoff player while Lonzo is not.

I would also try to s&t Harrell if he is up for it. Someone might do it. Sign&trade Schroeder, Harrell, 1st rounder for Lowry and Gary Trent jr would be awesome. Toronto would get something in return rather than Lowry/Trent walking as free agents for nothing in return to Toronto.

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd View Post
    You can try for it. It would probably depend on how much the Pelicans are willing to pay Schroeder because it would have to be a s&t. Schroeder wants to get paid, Pelicans want a long-term point guard, Lakers need a point guard and lonzo wants to go to a large market team. It all comes down to what the Pelicans value Schroeder and whether another team is willing to offer better assets than Schroder.

It's a good fit though. I would try for Lowry first though because the raptors want someone young in return to replace Lowry. Not many teams will be willing to pay Lowry the 25mill/yr he wants for 2yrs. Lowry is a proven playoff player while Lonzo is not.

I would also try to s&t Harrell if he is up for it. Someone might do it. Sign&trade Schroeder, Harrell, 1st rounder for Lowry and Gary Trent jr would be awesome. Toronto would get something in return rather than Lowry/Trent walking as free agents for nothing in return to Toronto.
    Good post.

I agree with everything you've said.

Also another name in the same style of Lowry: Mike Conley.

He's a free agent after the playoffs, coming off the last year of a max contract. I imagine he's not going to get another contract like that, so he might be in the 15-25M ballpark. Not sure about Utah's cap situation, but I don't think they can keep him. Someone else will probably throw more money at him.

I wonder if LA could get him somehow. Schroder S&T? I'm not sure of the details.

Lowry and Conley would both be perfect 3rd options for the Lakers.

Why would the Pels make that trade?

Quote Originally Posted by mehyaM24 View Post
    so basically their championship squad. looks pretty good on paper, but i dont like the idea of lonzo & lebron playing together. zo can shoot although he would take the ball out of lebron's hands. or vice versa. one of them would have to play off-ball. a lot more.
    I think Lonzo's the perfect fit here. Lebron needs and wants to play off-ball more at this stage in his career. Lakers desperately need shooting + another playmaker, Lonzo does both. Also, Zo is a good defensive player and is about 6-7 200, that adds length and toughness to this team.

I'm not sure the Pels would want Schroder though, they'd probably make us take that horrible Bledsoe contract in order to get Ball.

Trade Lebron with multiple picks for a superstar.

Just like Wall in Harden trade.

Quote Originally Posted by LeCola View Post
    Trade Lebron with multiple picks for a superstar.

Just like Wall in Harden trade.

Bano Ka at bakla

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    Bano Ka at bakla
    Göt yalayıcı ibnetor