Thread: Palworld

Default Palworld

The new "Pokemon with guns" game has had one of the best release weekends on Steam. Over 5 million copies has been sold and has surpassed Cyberpunk 2077 concurrent player count peak as the 5th highest of all time on the platform.

The game seems to be Pokemon meats ARK. Seeing players using !notPokemons for different tasks looks fun.

Default Re: Palworld

pokemon bro?

seriously?

you getting kicked out the locker room for this one.

It does look really fun to play.

I don't understand the hype, although I never understood the Pokemon hype either.

Looks pretty stupid tbh.

Word.

I was already over 8 when first exposed to it existing, always thought it was lame from jump.

Quote Originally Posted by diamenz View Post
    pokemon bro?

seriously?

you getting kicked out the locker room for this one.
    idk how old OP is, but allow me to tell you, EVERYONE under 28, including public housing kids doing hand to hand in the hallways, star athletes … EVERYBODY … City/burbs/country, everybody that age and under is/was deeply into Pokémon. Across all demographics. It ain’t just for nerds and Asian kids like it was for us in our 30’s now.

I've been playing Palworld, and I'm loving the experience. It's pretty unusual to see creatures that remind me so much of Pokémon in a setting that's so far removed from what we're used to seeing them in, but it works. The familiar "catch and collect" aspect with a heavier survival twist creates a fascinating gameplay experience.
    But I did run into some issues initially with performance and stability during multiplayer sessions. That's why I got myself a Palworld server hosting. This lets me manage the play space for my friends and me. It's been stable and secure, essential for keeping the fun uninterrupted, especially with so many players jumping into the game right now.
    I'm curious to see how the developers will expand upon this strong start. In the meantime, there's a whole lot of Palworld to explore.
    Last edited by BlakFrankWhite; 02-01-2024 at 08:25 AM.