Page 1 of 16 123411 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Default 2021 Off-Season. Another short one

Back to normal Hopefully. Summer league etc.

Default Re: 2021 Off-Season. Another short one

On Saturday afternoon, Conley addressed his pending free agency during the Jazz’s customary exit interviews the day after the season. “Obviously you know how I feel about our team and the city and the fans,” he said. “It’s been just a wonderful two years. Definitely an up and down two years but wonderful regardless of how it ended last night. “Free agency is free agency…it’s something that I have to sit back and consider with my family and when that time comes, make the decision that’s best for us, myself. Like I said, obviously I’ve had a great time here, great, great experiences, coaches — Coach Quin and the players, Don and Rudy and everybody, so we’ll just have to see what happens.”

– via Ryan McDonald, Sarah Todd @ deseret.com

Conley would certainly command less than the approximately $34 million he made this season but could still be in line for a big pay day despite his age given that he was named an All-Star this season for the first time in his career. “Obviously I can’t speak, look into the future what exactly will happen,” he said. “It’s actually like my first time being a real free agent, so it’ll be interesting, but I did love it here and we’ll see what happens.”

– via Ryan McDonald, Sarah Todd @ deseret.com

Eric Walden: Royce O’Neale on what the Jazz might need: “One of our downfalls, at times, was our defense. Having another main guy to help with that.”
    – via Twitter tribjazz

Ben Anderson: Joe Ingles on the @Utah Jazz offseason. “If you want to be the last team standing, you’ve got to find things to improve and get better. We’ve got to figure out ways that we can get better.” #takenote | @KSLsports
    – via Twitter BensHoops

Ben Anderson: Mike Conley on Donovan Mitchell’s ceiling: “I really don’t know. He’s gotten so much better in two years. Like, is he going to start scoring 60 points a game?” #takenote | @kslsports
    – via Twitter BensHoops

Royce knows he needs more help. Put him at his natural position for starters and quit asking him to do so much.

Ben Anderson: Derrick Favors on what the @Utah Jazz could have done better against the Clippers. “We could have played a bit harder on the defensive end. Been a little bit more committed one on one on the defensive end.” #TakeNote | @KSLSports
    – via Twitter BensHoops

and when they aren't weathering it especially in an elimination game the coach needs to try something else

Eric Walden: Dennis Lindsey: “There’s no question there’s collective disappointment and hurt, but there’s also a lot of gratitude. … We err toward continuity. That served us really well this season.”

– via Twitter tribjazz

Eric Walden: Dennis, on next steps: “Good, honest, sober evaluations — which we’ll keep internal. … We’ll try to be brutally honest where we fell short. Where we had opportunities, where we didn’t, and if we didn’t, why we didn’t. One of our strengths is we’re honest with ourselves.”

– via Twitter tribjazz

you're closer? 2nd round loss again. Not sure what makes you closer. Same coach who has gotten worse not better. A tax paying team with many bad contracts and little flexibility and still huge roster issues. Your 2nd best player is a free agent.

https://kslsports.com/462021/little-...ter-offseason/

The issue for the Jazz will be how to maintain their offensive identity as a three-point shooting team while finding more length and athleticism on the perimeter. Zanik summed up the difficultly of finding those players at the end of their conversation.
    how about you try to get into the paint first?

“Two-way players are very very important to NBA clubs. That’s why they come at really high premiums.”
    a higher premium than Clarkson, Favors, Bojan...?

https://kslsports.com/462006/disappo...room-cleanout/

Joe Ingles on his summer and next season:

"No doubt in my mind that I'll come back better. It's what I've done every year since I've been over here."#takenote | @KSLSports
    — Ben Anderson (@BensHoops) June 19, 2021
    actually it's not. The two seasons before this you got worse. I'd expect the same next year since you won't be in SLC again

If Conley does leave the Jazz this summer, Ingles would likely become the default starting point guard, a role he has excelled in for the team during the regular season. Despite the shortened summer, Ingles said he expects to come back better.
    be a mistake. He needs to have a smaller role not a bigger one

“At times our defense, it’s a team effort,” O’Neale said of the Jazz struggles. “I think having another guy to help us all out besides myself, Joe, Mike, Don, Rudy, probably another wing guy.”
    I know Mitchell is your BFF but

“We could have been a little bit more committed in guard and one on one on the defensive end,” Favors said. “On the offensive end, we could have been a little bit more aggressive, executing and doing the little things a little bit better.”
    yep. Maybe Favors should be the next coach?

https://www.ksl.com/article/50189696...a-availability

On the adjustments made in Game 6: "There were a lot of things that we tried to do at timeouts throughout the course of the game — whether it be playing zone, changing matchups, changing rotations. In the end, that's something that we'll study again and look at because the reality is we weren't able to get it done."
    please!

"Terance Mann came out there and then had 39. I mean, you can't put that blame on anybody," he said. "The game plan was to try to make other guys beat us and not let Paul George beat us at all. You've got to give those guys credit, they hit shots. We did the best we could on PG and Reggie Jackson and Marcus Morris and other guys, they just came out and made plays."
    yep

Yes, if he had the offensive skillset of a Nikola Jokic, teams probably wouldn't go to those lineups, but, to him, if the Jazz didn't need him to help in the paint on nearly every drive, he probably would be more effective on the defensive end against teams that went small, too.
    word

"Mike and Donovan were the two best players on our team, probably," Bogdanovic said. "... It's tough to talk right now what we need for next season or who we need to sign. I hope we're going to keep our core team and try and get another shot next year."
    how about the guy always trying to cover your sorry ass?

For his part, Bogdanovic said that he needed to get better at attacking the boards and putting more of an emphasis on defense over offense. He also wants to be a better ball handler next year to cut down on some of the turnovers he was prone to have.
    good luck

https://www.deseret.com/2021/6/19/22...2021-offseason

“If I’m able to get my named called or I get called up at one point to be a part of that team then I’ll definitely be ready to accept.”
    he sure certainly be considered

be a good fit for Jazz