Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Yellow King scuzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Carcosa
    Posts
    17,431

    Default 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    no line, no wait, look how much 3rd parties jacked up the price





    EVGA 3080 ti $1,399
    3090 for $2270

  2. #2
    NBA lottery pick diamenz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    5,364

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    crazy shit. a small biz computer repair shop i know in wisconsin are selling the zotac 3080 ti's for $1,800! that's no mark-up on their part either. their distributors are charging them nearly that much.

    the evga xc3 3080 ti is anyone's best bet sitting @ $1199 iirc. everything else is jacked.

    www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?N=&cat=&ntt=3080+ti

  3. #3
    #701 highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,464

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    2 people covering the entrance, 1 ready at the wheel parked in front, 2 for recovery of goods.

    1 overwatch.

    who's in?

  4. #4
    Good college starter
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    3,122

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Cryptomining

  5. #5
    Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    2 people covering the entrance, 1 ready at the wheel parked in front, 2 for recovery of goods.

    1 overwatch.

    who's in?
    Just FYI, the boxes in the display case are empty. When I bought my 2070 last year I asked one of the sales guys a question about it, and he just unlocked the case, pulled out the box and handed it to me. Live stock is kept locked away in a wire cage, and only a couple of people in the store have the key to that area.

  6. #6
    #701 highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,464

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    Just FYI, the boxes in the display case are empty. When I bought my 2070 last year I asked one of the sales guys a question about it, and he just unlocked the case, pulled out the box and handed it to me. Live stock is kept locked away in a wire cage, and only a couple of people in the store have the key to that area.
    thank you for this information, i will make an addendum for our reconnaissance intelligence.

  7. #7
    Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    thank you for this information, i will make an addendum for our reconnaissance intelligence.
    No problem. Micro Center has CCTV cameras everywhere, so you're going to want to have the whole crew wearing masks. Luckily with Covid that won't look too suspicious. Have one person act like they're going to buy a card, then have a couple of people rush the cage as soon as it's unlocked. Get a shopping cart in there and grab as much stuff as you can. Break for the parking lot, lift the car up and dump everything in it into the trunk of the getaway car, and then get out of there. I'm assuming they have CCTV in the parking lot as well, so you'll either need to obscure the license plate somehow or use a stolen vehicle and then switch cars once you're away from the store.

    Let me know how it goes.

  8. #8
    #701 highwhey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    30,464

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    No problem. Micro Center has CCTV cameras everywhere, so you're going to want to have the whole crew wearing masks. Luckily with Covid that won't look too suspicious. Have one person act like they're going to buy a card, then have a couple of people rush the cage as soon as it's unlocked. Get a shopping cart in there and grab as much stuff as you can. Break for the parking lot, lift the car up and dump everything in it into the trunk of the getaway car, and then get out of there. I'm assuming they have CCTV in the parking lot as well, so you'll either need to obscure the license plate somehow or use a stolen vehicle and then switch cars once you're away from the store.

    Let me know how it goes.
    good looking out fam

  9. #9
    Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    1,037

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Video card prices may finally be dropping. I got an Email from Newegg and they're having a sale on video cards. Several of the prices advertised have the blurb "lowest price" attached, and a lot of the others are $100 or $200 off.

    Heres what I mean. Compare this:

    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...fd4077f006407b

    to this:

    https://www.newegg.com/msi-geforce-r...al&ignorebbr=1

    For those who don't want to click, Newegg is selling a MSI Ventus GeForce RTX 3080 for $799. Another website has the same card listed for $1260.

  10. #10
    ISH jizzrag slayer Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    27,056

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Bring back op

  11. #11
    I am creator deity Gohan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    4,533

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Axe View Post
    Bring back op
    Nah bro scuzzy my direct competition im selling them new hangman shaq 14’s any size any color

  12. #12
    ISH jizzrag slayer Axe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Thousand Tarns
    Posts
    27,056

    Default Re: 30 cards stocked at my local Micro Center

    Quote Originally Posted by Gohan View Post
    Nah bro scuzzy my direct competition im selling them new hangman shaq 14’s any size any color
    Go tell this in the moonshoes thread.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •