Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Amazing Footage: Volcanic eruption in the middle of the Pacific caught from space

Happened last night or early this morning off the island of Tonga and most of the West Coast of the US was under a tsunami warning.

Unless the video is sped up, that eruption was insanely fast and all that displaced energy most certainly would cause a huge tsunami.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default Re: Amazing Footage: Volcanic eruption in the middle of the Pacific caught from spac

just watched a movie on Netflix about a family surviving a tsunami ....
    Whole movie was based on their survival.

happened in Chicago ...

lmao
    actually very close to the epic center

Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: Amazing Footage: Volcanic eruption in the middle of the Pacific caught from spac

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing View Post
    Happened last night or early this morning off the island of Tonga and most of the West Coast of the US was under a tsunami warning.

Unless the video is sped up, that eruption was insanely fast and all that displaced energy most certainly would cause a huge tsunami.
    Those are still images stitched together and the time is very compressed (sped up) but it's still awesome to see - did this actually generate any tsunamis that hit the west coast like was warned or did it not happen?

Good college starter Off the Court's Avatar

I saw this happen live. I just happen to be out in the ocean swimming when it happened. Yeah I was just minding my own business floating around out there, thinking about Matthew Perry and then BOOOM!!!!!

It was crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    Those are still images stitched together and the time is very compressed (sped up) but it's still awesome to see - did this actually generate any tsunamis that hit the west coast like was warned or did it not happen?
    Who's going to notice a "1 foot" tsunami other than daily fisherman or surfers?