Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Fantasy Football Discussion: 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    yep... I concur, never again.

0-3
    I took tyreek in the 1st and he seems to be paying off lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols View Post
    I took tyreek in the 1st and he seems to be paying off lol.

I mean, he didn't do $hit in weeks 2 & 3, but getting all those points in game 4 like that definitely pays off for tie-breakers down the road.

so far I'm having one of those unlucky seasons where I have the most points scored against me but I have the 2nd highest point total. (1-3 record).

Just glad I picked up Cordarelle... he could save my season.

Thinking about trading Davante Adams & CEH for Dalvin Cook & his handcuff Mattison.

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday Dallas View Post
    I mean, he didn't do $hit in weeks 2 & 3, but getting all those points in game 4 like that definitely pays off for tie-breakers down the road.

so far I'm having one of those unlucky seasons where I have the most points scored against me but I have the 2nd highest point total. (1-3 record).

Just glad I picked up Cordarelle... he could save my season.

Thinking about trading Davante Adams & CEH for Dalvin Cook & his handcuff Mattison.
    He dropped 30 in the first game and 40 in the fourth. Carried teams to auto wins. If you look at top receivers ~ adams, Hopkins, diggs, Ridley, etc taken in 2nd round they've all busted far harder. Tyreeks ceiling is unmatched. He's the WR1 in football right now. Imagine taking Jonathan Taylor or Chubb with a late 1st round pick when you can have the positional advantage of having the best WR in the league.

He dropped 30 in the first game and 40 in the fourth. Carried teams to auto wins. If you look at top receivers ~ adams, Hopkins, diggs, Ridley, etc taken in 2nd round they've all busted far harder. Tyreeks ceiling is unmatched. He's the WR1 in football right now. Imagine taking Jonathan Taylor or Chubb with a late 1st round pick when you can have the positional advantage of having the best WR in the league.
    Tyreek is a beast and I have no problem with crowning him #1 fantasy WR, and I think massive upside boom/bust guys like Tyreek who are capable of winning a week single handedly are undervalued in general... that said its probably a little early to call adams, hopkins, and diggs busts (I'm fine with giving Ridley the bust label tho).

Always draft early RB's. Wait on QB. Get some okay WR's. Wait on TE every time. Stream defense and kickers.

IMO if you are giving yourself rules like drafting all WRs or RBs early, you are drafting wrong. I have seen teams win championships drafting RB with their first 3 picks, I have seen it with people drafting WR with their first 3 picks, I have seen it with people who took mixed positions with their first 3 picks... the only rule you should follow for your early picks is never ever take a QB early.

Theres no one strategy thats going to win every draft. If you have a top 3-5 pick you should probably take a bellcow RB, if you have the 12th pick WR/WR might make a lot of sense. Drafting a TE early is usually a bad idea, unless its Kelce who regularly gives you a ~5-10 point advantage over every other TE in the NFL (a HUGE weekly advantage if you can do well with the rest of your draft).
    Last edited by Nanners; 10-13-2021 at 03:26 AM.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post
    IMO if you are giving yourself rules like drafting all WRs or RBs early, you are drafting wrong. I have seen teams win championships drafting RB with their first 3 picks, I have seen it with people drafting WR with their first 3 picks, I have seen it with people who took mixed positions with their first 3 picks... the only rule you should follow for your early picks is never ever take a QB early.

Theres no one strategy thats going to win every draft. If you have a top 3-5 pick you should probably take a bellcow RB, if you have the 12th pick WR/WR might make a lot of sense. Drafting a TE early is usually a bad idea, unless its Kelce who regularly gives you a ~5-10 point advantage over every other TE in the NFL (a HUGE weekly advantage if you can do well with the rest of your draft).
    I subscribe to the no qb's early and I want some variety. Always feels like i get stuck with ****ing kirk cousins

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    I subscribe to the no qb's early and I want some variety. Always feels like i get stuck with ****ing kirk cousins
    I used to wait till the bitter end for QB's just like TE's and would be stuck with trash like Goff, Cousins, and stuck with streaming QB's which is a losing strategy. I started drafting QB's in the mid rounds (6-8 rd, 10-12 ppl) last year. Had Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson last year and Justin Herbert in 2 leagues and Brady in one this year... I wanted Herbert instead of Brady(I'm also a Chargers fan) but someone used a 4th round pick on him. Herbert has been a massive hit and Brady has been stellar except for his return to Foxborough and have winning records in all 2 leagues. As for TE's, I did target Hock with a mid to late pick and I'm really regretting it. From now on, I'm gonna treat my TE slot like a D/st and Kicker. I much rather stream TE's than my last flex spot or QB or god forbid an RB or WR slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners View Post

I was being a bit vague. You obviously want to consider value, but 99% of the time, 3 of my first 4 picks will be RB's and I'm very selective of those RB's. In my 3 leagues, I have A) Derrick Henry and James Robinson, B) Derrick Henry and Najee Harris and C) Austin Ekeler, Najee Harris, and James Robinson.

Luck really does play a huge part in it. So many 1st and 2nd round busts every year. If you took CMC or Cook with a top pick youd be having a losing season to someone who drafted Mike Williams or Patterson in the 10th rounds most likely. Don't even get me started on TE, Kittle and Waller busting while kelce has recently been held in check. Shits just a dice roll week to week.

I have no problem starting supposed scrubs over studs if the context is right because of the boom bust nature. My top 3 picks will likely be out this week (tyreek, Ridley, and kittle) along with potentially mike will. I have Waddle and Hardman on the bench though in fantastic situations. Tyreek and Mike Williams are top 5 WR on the season but have had 4 and 1 point games respectively. Any given week is a crapshoot given context.
    Last edited by tpols; 10-14-2021 at 07:07 PM.

I have no problem starting supposed scrubs over studs if the context is right because of the boom bust nature. My top 3 picks will likely be out this week (tyreek, Ridley, and kittle) along with potentially mike will. I have Waddle and Hardman on the bench though in fantastic situations. Tyreek and Mike Williams are top 5 WR on the season but have had 4 and 1 point games respectively. Any given week is a crapshoot given context.
    According to ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, Tyreek Hill isn’t expected to miss time after he sustained a minor knee injury in Sunday’s loss to the Bills.
    I need T.Hill to be a force this weekend. Hope he's not slowed down by that injury.

will be starting both MGIII and Javonte Williams against LV this week. CEH on IR. Patterson on BYE.

for my second flex it's either B.Cooks, Julio, or Z.Moss... not sure who to gamble on.

Don't even get me started on TE, Kittle and Waller busting while kelce has recently been held in check. Shits just a dice roll week to week.
    The TE spot always ends up being a b*tch.

was somehow able to pick Gronk up in FA this week, have him sitting on the bench

starting Ricky Seals-Jones against KC this week. (Logan Thomas out for the year)... serious gamble.

Could gamble on Dan Arnold Jax this week ... The Jags gave up a 2020 1st round corner for him, 64 yards last week.

the Panthers traded tight end Dan Arnold and a 2022 third-round pick to Jacksonville for cornerback C.J. Henderson and a 2022 fifth-rounder.
    CJ Henderson went #9 overall in the draft, T.Diggs went #51.

Jacksonville needs this Dan Arnold guy to be a badass cause they just gave up last years #1 top 10 pick for him... crazy.

DJ Chark out and TE O'Shaughnessy out for the year.

With Gronk on the bench... dropping Dallas Goedert (assuming the Eagles don't have any offensive injuries tonight) for Dan Arnold is not a bad idea.

I mean... how could Jacksonville not use him after making a trade like that? just wouldn't make any sense.

need Fournett & D.Smith to fail tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen View Post
    Maybe dont wait quite that long

Its fine to take a QB in the mid rounds, i'd just avoid it in the first ~4ish rounds.

I need DJ Moore to do something against the Vikes.... like right now.

and then I need MGIII and Javonte Willimas to destroy Las Vegas.

and then maybe... just maybe I'll survive this week.

Can't believe Cooper Kupp is the best fantasy WR right now.

late 5th round pick in my league.