Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star hiphopanonymous's Avatar

Default Re: You don't demand respect, you EARN it

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3 View Post
    If LeBron or Harden won in literally the exact same situation you’d say it doesn’t count because of injuries.
    Will you stop crying LeBron's name in every thread about organic rings and winning the right way? None of these threads ever even mention him until you do it's almost as if you are the one just feels deep down he didn't win the right way

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    He's certainly not the only one who gets that benefit, but he's one of the only ones who literally needs that benefit. Giannis lacks the skills and array of moves to adjust to defenses should they play him a certain way. The fact that defenses can't (or rather are not allowed to) make adjustments against him is largely why he was able to go off the way that he did.

Foul too "hard"...flagrant.

Put up your arms to stop him from barreling in? Defensive foul.

Touch him? Defensive foul.

If defenses are allowed to play him aggressively, what does he have to fall back on?
    I saw him attack the rim over and over. Be it on drives or post ups and he got hit over and over .he finally hit his free throws right in the face after Paul and booker mocked him

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsNY View Post
    I don't understand the comparisons with LeBron. Milwaukee benefited from an injury plagued playoffs in both conferences, where they shouldn't have even been facing the Suns in the finals, let alone winning it all.

Giannis is unguardable, not because he's that great of a scorer, but because the league refuses to allow defenders to play defense on him, even in the playoffs. It's a joke. He carries or travels with the ball a considerable amount of time; and when he gets into the paint, defenders like Ayton can't touch him because the league doesn't want defense.

Giannis will never be LeBron, collusion or not.
    100 hundred percent agree.

And I fully admit I’ve never liked LeBron since the summer of 2010. He almost got back in my good graces, by going back to Cleveland, and promising to stay there and finish his career there. Only to bail for Los Angeles after a few seasons, when the chips seemed down. Like the coward he is.

With that said, LeBron is easily better than Giannis. I mean if were even being totally honest, LeBron outplayed him in a head to head in the 2020 season right before the start of the pandemic. That was starting to shift the tide of MVP talk from Giannis back to LeBron.

Then he outplayed Leonard and the Clippers in a nationally televised game. And then the pandemic started. The tide was moving in his favor towards the end of that season for him getting another MVP.

But yes, Giannis is allowed to get away with everything. He travels all over the damn court. The refs last night called so many soft ass ticky tack fouls on the Suns even remotely trying to guard him. While he’s allowed to bulldoze his way into whatever he wants with his shoulders and off arms. So many of his free throws were not deserved.

And then let’s look at just two years ago, after he won MVP for the first time, yet was totally MIA in international basketball. Where there is more physicality and they’re stricter calling true basketball rule sets.

We always make fun of LeBron for not having skill, but he does. Does he have the same level of shooting, foot work or feel as Michael, or Kobe, or Bird or KD? No. But he’s still very skillful in other ways. And he looks like a damn maestro compared to Giannis given eye test.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieQuitting View Post

And I fully admit I’ve never liked LeBron since the summer of 2010. He almost got back in my good graces, by going back to Cleveland, and promising to stay there and finish his career there. Only to bail for Los Angeles after a few seasons, when the chips seemed down. Like the coward he is.

With that said, LeBron is easily better than Giannis. I mean if were even being totally honest, LeBron outplayed him in a head to head in the 2020 season right before the start of the pandemic. That was starting to shift the tide of MVP talk from Giannis back to LeBron.

Then he outplayed Leonard and the Clippers in a nationally televised game. And then the pandemic started. The tide was moving in his favor towards the end of that season for him getting another MVP.

But yes, Giannis is allowed to get away with everything. He travels all over the damn court. The refs last night called so many soft ass ticky tack fouls on the Suns even remotely trying to guard him. While he’s allowed to bulldoze his way into whatever he wants with his shoulders and off arms. So many of his free throws were not deserved.

And then let’s look at just two years ago, after he won MVP for the first time, yet was totally MIA in international basketball. Where there is more physicality and they’re stricter calling true basketball rule sets.

We always make fun of LeBron for not having skill, but he does. Does he have the same level of shooting, foot work or feel as Michael, or Kobe, or Bird or KD? No. But he’s still very skillful in other ways. And he looks like a damn maestro compared to Giannis given eye test.
    Bingo

College superstar

Skillwise Lebron may have the upperhand but Lebron's mentality will always be a huge ***** in his armor. I can't view him as a true competitor. He seems to be the most comfortable when the odds are on his side.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    We've seen first hand how doing things the right way, believing in yourself and putting in the actual hard work, does pay off in the end.

And this is how you earn respect.

We've seen straight up, this one real ring, has given us more respect for Giannis, than if he won 4 collusion ones.

He hasn't had to demand the NBA worlds respect, he's earned it and we give it to him.

Props to the Greek freak on persisting and getting it done.

Thanks for the organic win.

We salute you
    Bravo my man!

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Airupthere View Post
    Skillwise Lebron may have the upperhand but Lebron's mentality will always be a huge ***** in his armor. I can't view him as a true competitor. He seems to be the most comfortable when the odds are on his side.
    I won hundred percent agree. I said it in another post.

Giannis easily has light years better intangibles. Loyalty, teamwork, motor, competitiveness, desire to play defense. All of that shows a true competitive spirit and wanting to win and beat the competition. Not join them like a coward.

LeBron is better and more talented naturally. He gives the illusion of being that level of competitor, but he’s not. It’s evident in all the chickenshit ways he does things. That’s why he’s so disappointing.

I won hundred percent agree. I said it in another post.

Giannis easily has light years better intangibles. Loyalty, teamwork, motor, competitiveness, desire to play defense. All of that shows a true competitive spirit and wanting to win and beat the competition. Not join them like a coward.

LeBron is better and more talented naturally. He gives the illusion of being that level of competitor, but he’s not. It’s evident in all the chickenshit ways he does things. That’s why he’s so disappointing.

So proud.

What a true winner

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spurs m8 View Post
    We've seen first hand how doing things the right way, believing in yourself and putting in the actual hard work, does pay off in the end.

And this is how you earn respect.

We've seen straight up, this one real ring, has given us more respect for Giannis, than if he won 4 collusion ones.

He hasn't had to demand the NBA worlds respect, he's earned it and we give it to him.

Props to the Greek freak on persisting and getting it done.

Thanks for the organic win.

We salute you
    well said

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopanonymous View Post
    Will you stop crying LeBron's name in every thread about organic rings and winning the right way? None of these threads ever even mention him until you do it's almost as if you are the one just feels deep down he didn't win the right way
    Meltdown.

Banned

You don't demand respect, you EARN it

this is the most anti BLM/anti liberal/feminist thing i've heard all day

You don't demand respect, you EARN it
    The most beta thing I've read today.

You don't earn respect. You DEMAND it and take it by force.

Quote Originally Posted by RogueBorg View Post
    I have a ton of respect for how Giannis and the Bucks won it this year. He didn't get frustrated enough the past years for not winning and decided not to go to a team loaded with stars to get his ring like those punks KD and Lebron. No respect for those two colluders. He stuck it out in Milwaukee and got a huge legacy ring.

KD is the worst IMO, going to a 73-win team to get his rings is downright pathetic. Lebron is almost as bad having to go to Miami and have Wade and Bosh help him get his. The one thing I will say about LeBron that I do respect is, at least he went back to Cleveland and got a ring there. But that's what he should have done all along.

Gratz to Giannis, you did it the right way bro.
    LOL @ LeBron going to teams "loaded with stars"

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri View Post
    The most beta thing I've read today.

You don't earn respect. You DEMAND it and take it by force.
    Lol respect is earned. No one ever gave a forced respect to anyone. Otherwise that is not respect. Demand how? Like how lebron asked for it? Lol it doesnt seem like that went well for him. Since demanding it, it actually went the other way as it threw other peopl off even moreso.