Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Despite Booker having a "meh" Finals, he still played better than Kobe in the Fin

Quote Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers View Post
    Already posted my pic here numerous times, I'm from Cali.
    Rumor has it you're really a balding fat dude from Boston

College superstar

Default Re: Despite Booker having a "meh" Finals, he still played better than Kobe in the Fin

Let the meltdowns begin.
    You got exposed making identical posts and threads as a self described Celtics fan from Boston on a Boston sports forum lol

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe View Post
    Bro, '01, '02, '08, '09 and '10 were all clearly better. Booker does not play defense, he just fouls or gives up an easy bucket. You can tell these idiots are trolling or just delusional when OP lists Kobe's 27 ppg on 62%TS against the #1 defense (best perimeter defense in the league) with better rebounding, playmaking, defense and clutch play yet claims that Booker was better than him in that series.. Booker himself had to speak out and tell the media NOT to compare him to Kobe as he's nowhere near close to him as a player.
    It's unfair to compare '01 & '02 when Kobe had Shaq playing out of his mind against a weak opponent, while Booker was out here against a much stronger opponent with 36 year old CP3. Booker had the burden of carrying the team in a way Kobe didn't in those series. Sure, the contrary argument is Kobe in Bookers place scores more points and has a better series in a much easier era to scorer, which I wouldn't disagree with, but when one guy has to shoulder the load and the other is basically on easy street, personally I give the nod to Booker for those years.

'09 Kobe was definitely better, literally higher averages across the board on slightly worse efficiency, and I agree with you when you factor in the opponent and era, 2010 Kobe was better too, though not as decisively as '09

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Op has low iq and is a manlet

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    No it isn't.

Durant / Curry / Giannis already gonna claw away at Kobe's all time ranking when their career is done. Luka too.

Curry gonna go from top 12 to top 16 in a few years.

It isn't cemented nor secure.
    the people who put Kobe in their top 10 will never take him out of it. and the people who have Kobe outside their top 10 will never have him inside it. his votes on any debate forum or ranking system are like imdb votes. he's either getting a 10 or a 1 and the medium will prevail. meaning he will never fall out of the top 10. he's too polarizing.

Then it isn't secure!

If people will dispute it constantly it won't be secured.

Just like Jordan vs LeBron debates. It will happen for another 50 years. There will be no rest in discussions on every single forum / platform.

definitely looked like a budget kobe out there. some nice scoring and a lot of bricks.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    Rumor has it you're really a balding fat dude from Boston
    That's why they are called rumors. I'm a Mexican just like yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by SouBeachTalents View Post
    It's unfair to compare '01 & '02 when Kobe had Shaq playing out of his mind against a weak opponent, while Booker was out here against a much stronger opponent with 36 year old CP3. Booker had the burden of carrying the team in a way Kobe didn't in those series. Sure, the contrary argument is Kobe in Bookers place scores more points and has a better series in a much easier era to scorer, which I wouldn't disagree with, but when one guy has to shoulder the load and the other is basically on easy street, personally I give the nod to Booker for those years.

'09 Kobe was definitely better, literally higher averages across the board on slightly worse efficiency, and I agree with you when you factor in the opponent and era, 2010 Kobe was better too, though not as decisively as '09
    It's not unfair. Kobe and Shaq were basically the entire team from '01 - '02. Those teams were TOP HEAVY. Shaq dominated the first 3 quarters (Kobe had a lot to do with setting him up for easy baskets) and then Kobe would take over and he was the best closer/4th quarter player in the league those years and was routinely the best player in the toughest match-ups in the Western Conference.

Kobe's '01 Finals is much better, as is '02, '09 and '10.. Look at the difference in the defense and the pace for one and then look at Kobe being the playmaker, the elite perimeter defender and the #1 closer on his team and actually winning the damn series. Their Finals opponents were a cakewalk and there's nothing I can do about that fact, Shaq had the easier match-ups as the EC defenses were loaded on the perimeter but weak inside but Kobe's the one who got them there when Shaq wasn't ridiculously dominant in the WC Playoffs. 2008 Kobe is better as well, he simply was undermanned against the best defense since the '04 Pistons but still put up 26/5/5/3 which is still better when you account for the era and the team that he faced and the lack of help he had in that series.

Booker had a mediocre Finals but he had great players around him, the 28 ppg is the only thing that's going for him but it's honestly not that impressive in this era, 25 ppg meant something in the 2000s.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 07-21-2021 at 07:12 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 8Ball View Post
    Then it isn't secure!

If people will dispute it constantly it won't be secured.

Just like Jordan vs LeBron debates. It will happen for another 50 years. There will be no rest in discussions on every single forum / platform.
    you dont get it. kobe/Mike are worldwide jesus like status among basketball fans. magic and bird are close.. lebrons more hated than liked it seems. especially now after the anti white/anti America stuff. hes very dependent in a small hardcore fan base. Kobe used to be like that but his death and life after basketball bridged the gap with casual fans.. lebron still has to mend that bridge. he might never

so when his following dies I don't see him hanging onto his place all time. he likely slips a bit. not out of the top 10 but he won't be top 5 20 years from now.

Kobe will always have a special place in people's hearts due to his death, his loyalty, all 20 years being in LA, winning legit without shaq, having aesthetically pleasing highlights that still astound. and being a great family man after basketball. he also wasn't controversial outside of the rape allegations. he was very patriotic but at the same time built the black community and progressed female sports. he was a feminist but at the same time a strong male that was proud to wear the American colors. Kobe is and always will be near the top of the nbas most memorable stars.

most people just want that bad taste from lebrons career out of their mouths.

That's why they are called rumors. I'm a Mexican just like yourself.
    That's your online persona...supposedly. BTW, I've lived in the SoCal area a few years and I never met a Laker fan who hated Kobe so you're at the very least one curious dude if you're really are whom you claim to be but that's really fishy to say the least.

Banned

if they released a movie with some old footage of kobe today it would get a 9/10 imdb score

lebrons fan rating is a 4/10 with a 2/10 US rating.. people despise him now. the kids and women going to see space jam are more into the cartoon characters lol

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan View Post
    That's your online persona...supposedly. BTW, I've lived in the SoCal area a few years and I never met a Laker fan who hated Kobe so you're one curious dude if you're really are whom you claim to be but that'sreally fishy to say the least.
    I'm from northern cali, my parents are from Jalisco, a 3 hour drive from Guadalajara. I grew up a Laker fan cause of the 1st 3 peat and nobody in the bay area really gave a damn about the Warriors back then, and yes I was a fan of Kobe and to be honest I don't dislike him as much as it seems, I just like to troll the shit out of kenneth to be honest, before he came back you rarely saw me make Kobe threads. I'm not a huge Kobe fan compared to other Laker fans because I was never a huge fan of his inefficient play style, but I can't deny he's a legend, but on the same breath as LeBron, Kareem, MJ etc? Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by HunterSThompson View Post
    if they released a movie with some old footage of kobe today it would get a 9/10 imdb score

lebrons fan rating is a 4/10 with a 2/10 US rating.. people despise him now. the kids and women going to see space jam are more into the cartoon characters lol
    4 x 4 x 4 >>> 2/7 or 6/24

in a different era not playing the most stacked team of all-time or with a bit of luck health-wise - that could've been 6 or 7 rings...